About the DJI Osmo
Rock-steady handheld 4K video
The DJI Osmo is a state-of-the-art videographer's tool that can easily fit into your carry-on luggage. And you'll want to take it with you everywhere, because it's a 4K video camera attached to a 3-axis gimbal mount, controlled by a convenient hand grip with built-in buttons — everything you need to record steady handheld video while you discover new places or record familiar faces. The gimbal keeps your videos and still shots free of blur and camera shake, so your personal videos look like they were shot by a pro.
- shoot smooth, clear handheld video while you're on the move
- captures 4K video at 24/25 fps
- shoots 12.4-megapixel still photos
- large Sony Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 94° field of view
- up to 7 shots at 7 fps in burst mode
Handgrip with Gimbal Mount:
- 3-axis stabilization keeps images steady and shake-free
- convenient buttons on handle let you start and stop recording, and control the camera's movement
- frame and monitor your subject by connecting your smartphone (not included)
- included intelligent battery lasts approximately 60 minutes
- 1-15/16"W x 6-7/16"H x 2-7/16"D
- weight: 15 oz.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.ZM.000160
What's in the box:
- Hand-held gimbal camera
- Mobile device holder (installed)
- UV filter (installed)
- Lens cap (installed)
- 16GB microSD card (installed)
- Lithium-Ion Polymer rechargeable battery
- Battery charger
- 39" AC power cord
- External mic
- Shoulder strap
- Wrist strap
- Rosette protection cap
- Storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- "In the Box" note
- Disclaimer & Safety Guidelines
- Intelligent Battery Safety Guidelines
DJI Osmo reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Osmo
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size (inches)||N|
|Total Pixel Count||12.76|
|Effective Pixel Count for Video||12.4|
|Built-in Video Light||No|
|Max Recording Time w/ Included Battery||60 min|
|Digital Still Camera Features|
|Effective Pixel Count for Stills||12.4|
|Built-in Photo Flash||No|
|Still Image Aspect Ratios||16:9|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|USB Port||Micro-B USB|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||15|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Image Sensor Warranty||1 Year|
Handheld Gimbal Camera: The DJI Osmo is a 3-axis handheld gimbal and camera that can capture 12MP still photos and 4K video with onboard or external sound recording. The 3-axis stabilization system completely integrated with the camera cancels out your movements in three directions so it stays still even if your hands shake or wobble. Its light and ergonomic design with buttons at your fingertips for a powerful and personal one-handed filming device. The DJI GO app complements the Osmo with shooting modes such as timelapse, auto panorama, long exposure, and slow motion. Thanks to advanced technologies specifically designed to keep the camera flat no matter how you move it, the DJI Osmo helps you record videos and take photos like never before.
3-Axis Gimbal: Keeping the camera perfectly stable is a precision engineered 3-axis gimbal and SmoothTrack technology that compensates for natural arm movements and smoothes out transitions. The 3-axis gimbal knows how the hand-held mount & camera are moving, allowing it to correct for your movements every second. Using a network of sensors and advanced algorithms it keeps the camera perfectly level no matter how you move. This level of precision is only possible because of the ultra-fast, custom-made processor that is unique to DJI. Operating at speeds that allow the system to compensate for motion and tilt in real-time, this processor controls motors on all three axes - yaw, tilt, and roll.
- Tilt Range: 35° to +135° (controllable), - 90° to +150° (mechanical)
- Pan Range: +/-320° (controllable), +/-330° (mechanical)
- Roll Range: +/-30° (controllable), - 50° to +90° (mechanical)
- Angular Vibration Range: +/-0.03°
- Max Controllable Speed: Pitch of 120°/s
Controls & Operation Modes: There are buttons and a joystick on the front and back of the handle that allow for finer control over the gimbal and camera. Controls include Power On/Off switch, Joystick for Vertical (170° tilt) & Horizontal (640° rotation) movement of camera, Shutter Button for taking photos, & Record Button for capturing video. You can also choose between four Operation Modes -
- Upright Mode: Upright Mode can be used without any user input (default mode). In this mode, quickly tap the trigger twice to center the camera. Quickly tape the trigger three times and the camera will point at you for a selfie.
- Underslung Mode: Holding the Osmo upside down will cause it to enter Underslung Mode, in which the camera can easily capture images from a lower position. Quickly tapping the trigger twice will center the camera. Quickly tape the trigger three times and the camera will point at you for a selfie.
- Flashlight Mode: Rotate the Osmo forward 90° to go from Upright Mode to Flashlight Mode. Quickly tapping the trigger twice will center the camera. In Flashlight Mode, pushing the joystick will allow the camera to pan left or right.
- Portrait Mode: Rotate the Osmo 90° to the left or right to go from Upright Mode to Portrait Mode. Quickly tapping the trigger twice will center the camera.
Ergonomic Hand-Held Design: The grip on the Osmo is precisely engineered with materials selected for comfort and durability, and designed to ergonomically fit the palm of your hand. Conveniently placed buttons and controls keep important functions by your thumb for instant access.
X3 Camera: The included X3 camera is equipped with a 1/2.3" Sony EXMOR R CMOS image sensor with 12.76M total pixels and 12.4M effective pixels that helps you capture clean, sharp images. Its custom built 20mm (35mm format equivalent) 9-layer lens has a 94° field of view that gives you a perfect image that is nearly distortion-free and a more accurate depiction of the world around you. The X3 camera records 4K video and captures 12MP photos.
4K Videos: The built in camera can record 4K, 2.7K, 1080p, and 720p videos. Videos can be recorded in MP4 & MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264) formats with a maximum video bitrate of 60 Mbps. Choose between UHD, 2.7K, FHD, and HD video recording modes. Videos can be shot at normal or slow motion speed.
- UHD: 4096 x 2160 @ 24/25 fps or 3840 x 2160 24/25/30 fps
- 2.7K: 2704 x 1520 @ 24/25/30 fps
- FHD: 1920 x 1080 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60 fps
- HD: 1280 x 720 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60 fps
12MP Photos: The X3 camera shoots 12 megapixel JPEG files and even DNG RAW giving you the power to create professional photos. You can choose from a variety of photography modes.
- Single Shot: Choose from Normal, 5s or 10s delayed shot, or HDR.
- Multiple Shots: Choose Burst (3/5/7 frames) or Auto Exposure Bracketing (3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7EV Bias)
- Panorama: Select Auto (camera rotates 360° and renders a panorama), Selfie (camera will point at you and pan 180° for panorama), or Forward (camera rotates 180° and renders a panorama)
- Interval: Select between 5 sec, 10 sec, or 30 sec intervals.
- Timelapse: Stores photo & video timelapse with a 1 or 2 second interval.
Note: The X3 camera can focus at 4.9' (1.5 meter) and beyond. Objects closer than that may appear blurry.
microSD Card Slot: All of your captured photos and recorded videos are stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card (Class 10 or UHS-1; up to 64GB). Up to 36 minutes of 4K Video can be recorded onto a 16GB microSD card, and up to 145 minutes of 4K video onto a 64GB microSD card. The photo and video files can then be downloaded directly to your computer via the X3 camera's microUSB port. One 16GB microSD card is included.
Tripod-Free Long-Exposures: Take long exposure shots with absolute crispness and sharpness, even without a tripod. The stabilization system in the Osmo keeps the camera totally still so you can freehand capture stills of up to 2 seconds. With practice, you can get even longer shots. Now you can capture night time cityscapes, or blur out your subject's background the moment inspiration strikes.
Smartphone Holder: The DJI Rosette Mount on the side of handle allows your mobile device to be mounted as a live HD viewfinder. Put your smartphone in the included smartphone holder to see what the Osmo camera sees and control it with a tap of your finger. Your smartphone is also the home of all the Osmo's powerful intelligent shooting modes. All of Osmo's shooting modes can be controlled and triggered by remote control from within the DJI GO app on your smartphone. The Osmo can comfortably hold 5.5" devices.
Intelligent Battery: The Intelligent Battery is designed to be small and lightweight for the Osmo so that you could carry anywhere at any time you want, and supplies power to the integrated hand-held gimbal system. It lasts for 60 minutes when recording video under normal use, and up to 6 hours of stand-by in sleep mode. The battery is removable and can be swapped in seconds. Using the supplied battery charger & AC power cord, the Intelligent Battery can be fully recharged in 60 minutes.
- Type: LiPo
- Capacity: 980 mAh
- Energy: 10.8 Wh
- Voltage: 11.1V
Integrated & External Mic: In addition to the integrated microphone, the Osmo includes the DJI FM-15 Flexi Microphone. With advanced controls like audio gain settings, you can be sure you're not only getting the shot but also capturing the sound. The built-in microphone should be used for reference recording or when audio is needed in a hurry, however to get the highest quality audio, it's recommended to use the included DJI FM-15 Flexi Microphone or other external microphone (sold separately). You can also us your smartphone device's internal microphone to record audio. However, there will be no sound during playback from the Osmo, but the sound will be available when the file is opened from the device's media library. You can also choose to turn off audio recording.
Note: In order to sustain continuous operation in all environments, a fan is required to cool the internal electronics. Fan noise may be heard when utilizing only internal microphone to record audio. Using the included DJI FM-15 Flexi Microphone or other external microphone (sold separately) can help eliminate the fan noise. The built-in mic and external mic cannot be used at the same time.
Optional Mounts: The Osmo supports a number of mounts and extensions so that you can use it in almost any situation. A Tripod lets you set the Osmo down for added stability or long-distance control. The Bike Mount lets you take the Osmo for a ride and an Extension Rod opens up a range of brand new angles. These optional mounts are sold separately (see Accessories Tab for complete list).
Sleep Timer: Put down the Osmo, and it automatically enters into Sleep Mode after a set amount of time. This not only extends the Osmo's battery life, but also increases the lifespan of its advanced electronics. When you wake up the Osmo, it's ready to go.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked