About the DJI P4 Multispectral Drone
In-depth aerial crop analysis
The DJI P4 with multispectral sensor gives multiple views for sophisticated analysis of crop conditions.
In-depth aerial crop analysis
The DJI P4 multispectral drone is a sophisticated tool for aerial surveying and agricultural analysis. It features a specialized, gimbal-stabilized camera with six sensors, and an OcuSync transmission system that offers reliable HD image and video transmission at distances of up to 4.3 miles.
Multispectral sensor package
Where most drones would mount a single camera, the P4 mounts a package of six sensors. One filters data with an RGB sensor, and there are five monochrome sensors: blue, green, red, red edge and near infrared.
An integrated spectral sunlight sensor on top monitors the effect of ambient light to make sure results are as accurate as possible.
If you need more accuracy in aerial surveying, the drone has a built-in RTK antenna compatible with rgw DJI D-RTK 2 mobile station (not included).
Versatile flight planning and project management
DJI's GS Pro app will help you plan efficient inspections and surveys. It saves historical flight data to the cloud and allows easy data sharing. You can create efficient, repeatable custom flight paths and set operational parameters to create a highly accurate 3D map. You can import KML/SHP files into the app, too.
Choose your flight mode
Two flight modes let you choose which of the drone's capabilities best suit you during any given outing. Positioning mode offers simple flight controls with plenty of help with navigation and safety assistance. Experienced pilots may prefer Attitude mode's smoother, more responsive maneuvering.
- TimeSync system keeps flight controller, multispectral sensor and optional RTK module perfectly synchronized
- OcuSync transmission system offers stable and reliable HD image and video transmission at distances of up to 4.3 miles
- GS Pro app allows pilots to intelligently control the quadcopter
- Photogrammetry and Waypoint Flight modes for pre-flight planning
- built-in RTK antenna compatible with DJI D-RTK 2 mobile station (not included)
- flight time: up to 27 minutes
- maximum speed: 36 mph
- adapt to flight conditions with two flight modes (Positioning and Attitude)
- multi-directional obstacle sensing
- detects potential obstacles up to 49 feet away
- GPS/GLONASS positioning allows super-accurate navigation
- flight controller with twin joysticks and built-in mobile device holder
- Return to Home mode helps you land safely
- weight: 3.27 lbs.
- includes six cameras: five monochrome and one RGB
- each camera's sensor is 2.08 megapixels
- 62.7° field of view
- fast shutter speeds down to 1/20,000 sec.
- RGB ISO range: 200-800
- records to includedmicroSD memory card
Included accessories and warranty:
- portable remote controller with 4.3-mile transmission range
- two rechargeable intelligent flight batteries
- micro USB cable
- battery charger
- carrying case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA offers the most up-to-date information on safety tips, rules, and regulations for responsible drone use. Many drones need to be registered, and state and/or local laws may restrict their use in some areas.
- MFR # CP.AG.00000206.01
What's in the box:
- Multispectral aeria drone
- Remote controller
- Intelligent flight battery
- AC power adapter
- AC power cord
- Charging hub
- microSD card
- microUSB-to-USB cable
- Gimbal clamp
- 8 Propellers
- Carrying case
- Quick Start Guide
- Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines
- "In The Box" booklet
- "DJI Support" card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI P4 Multispectral Drone
DJI P4 Multispectral Aerial Drone: The P4 Multispectral is a high-precision drone with a seamlessly integrated multispectral imaging system built for agriculture missions, environmental monitoring, and more. The P4 Multispectral consolidates the process of capturing data that gives insight into crop health and vegetation management. You'll be able to ollect multispectral images efficiently across a large area using the P4 Multispectral and gain an overview of problem areas. You can also easily access and process aerial data by applying plant-specific metrics and parameters to acquire the desired results on plant health. In addition, you can implement targeted treatments on areas that need attention based on accurate drone data.
- Precision Agriculture: Throughout all growing seasons, multispectral imagery can be helpful to ag professionals by providing information invisible to the human eye across the electromagnetic spectrum. Having access to this data and the subsequently obtained Vegetation Index data such as NDRE and NDVI, farmers can make timely, informed decisions on crop treatment, lowering costs, saving resources, and maximizing yields
- Environmental Monitor & Inspection: Routine inspections and maintenance involving plants can be made smarter and more efficient when using the P4 Multispectral. Leverage its actionable multispectral insights to monitor forest health, measure biomass, map shorelines, or manage riparian vegetation while protecting habitats or ecosystems, and much more
6 Integrated Cameras: Agriculture imagery collection is now simpler and more efficient than ever before with a built-in stabilized imaging system that collects comprehensive data sets right out of the box. Access information collected by 1 RGB camera and a multispectral camera array with 5 cameras covering Blue, Green, Red, Red Edge, and Near Infrared bands - all at 2MP with global shutter, on a 3-axis stabilized gimbal. The multispectral imaging system of the P4 Multispectral detects light emissivity of different objects, which is captured by each of the cameras and analyzed to calculate vegetation index values. A common index used in the agriculture and forestry industry for plant health is NDVI.
- Sensors: Six 1/2.9" CMOS, including one RGB sensor for visible light imaging and five monochrome sensors for multispectral imaging. Each Sensor has a effective pixels 2.08 MP (2.12 MP in total)
- Filters: Blue (B): 450 nm ± 16 nm; Green (G): 560 nm ± 16 nm; Red (R): 650 nm ± 16 nm; Red edge (RE): 730 nm ± 16 nm; Near-infrared (NIR): 840 nm ± 26 nm
- Lenses: Field of View (FOV) of 62.7°, Focal Length of 5.74mm (35mm format equivalent: 40 mm), autofocus set at infinity, and Aperture of f/2.2
- Visual imaging is recorded in JPEG, while multispectral imaging is recorded in TIFF. Images are stored on a microSD card (up to 128GB) in FAT32 or exFaT. A Class 10 or UHS-I and above microSD card is recommended due to their fast read and write speeds.
- The DJI P4 Multispectral drone does not support video recording.
Spectral Sunlight Sensor: An integrated spectral sunlight sensor on top of the drone captures solar irradiance, which maximizes accuracy and consistency of data collection through different times of day. The spectral sunlight sensor compensates for the sunlight received throughout different times of day, improving the consistency of the data captured over the same field of vegetation. When combined with post-processed data, this information helps to obtain the most accurate NDVI results.
NDVI & RGB Feeds: Simply having aerial imagery is not enough for agriculture professionals who want to know more. You can switch between a preliminary Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) analysis and the live RGB feed to immediately visualize where attention is needed, so targeted treatment decisions can be made quickly.
TimeSync System: Get real-time, accurate positioning data on images captured by all six cameras with DJI’s TimeSync system, providing centimeter-level accurate measurements. The TimeSync system continually aligns the flight controller, RGB and NB cameras, and RTK module, fixing the positioning data to the center of the CMOS and ensuring each photo uses the most accurate metadata. All cameras go through a rigorous calibration process where radial and tangential lens distortions are measured. The distortion parameters gathered are saved into each image’s metadata, letting post-processing software adjust uniquely for every user.
Obstacle Detection & Avoidance: The P4 Multispectral provides multi-directional obstacle sensing and vision positioning functions. Powered by Obstacle Detection & Avoidance, the aircraft is able to actively brake and maneuver when obstacles are detected around the aircraft.
- Vision System: The main components of the Vision System are located on the front, rear and bottom of the
aircraft, including three stereo vision sensors and two ultrasonic sensors. The Vision System uses ultrasound and image data to help the aircraft maintain its current position, enabling precision hovering indoors or in environments where a GNSS signal is not available. The Vision System constantly scans for obstacles, allowing the aircraft to avoid them by going over, around, or hovering.
- Infrared Sensors: The Infrared Sensing System consists of two 3D infrared modules on both sides of the aircraft. These scan for obstacles on both sides of the aircraft and is active in certain flight modes.
Note: The Obstacle Detection & Avoidance function works best when lighting is adequate and the obstacle is clearly marked or textured. The aircraft must fly at no more than 31mph to allow sufficient braking distance.
Return To Home (RTH) w/ Precision Landing: The Return to Home (RTH) function brings the aircraft back to the last recorded home point. Its Forward Vision System allows the aircraft to create a real-time map of its flight route as it flies, so it can retrace its flight pattern to return to the home point. Once the aircraft has returned to its home point, it will scan the terrain below and attempt to land automatically. There are three types of Return to Home (RTH) - Smart RTH, Low Battery RTH, and Failsafe RTH.
- Smart RTH: If the GPS signal is sufficiently strong, Smart RTH can be used to bring the aircraft back to the home point by manually activating this feature from the remote controller or DJI Pilot app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device.
- Low Battery RTH: Low Battery RTH is trigger when the Intelligent Flight Battery is depleted to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected. The GS PRO app will display a warning when the battery level is low. The aircraft will then automatically return to the home.
- Failsafe RTH: Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote control signal is lost for more than two seconds. When Failsafe RTH is activated, the aircraft will start to retrace its original flight route to the recorded home point.
SDK Remote Controller w/ OcuSync: Built into the remote controller is DJI's OcuSync technology with enhanced anti-interference capability to deliver a more stable and smoother image transmission. When combined with the OcuSync receiver in the DJI P4 Multispectral drone, the remote controller has a transmission range up to 4.3 miles (FCC-compliant version). You'll need to connect a compatible iPad running the GS Pro app to the remote controller via the USB port to use to plan and perform missions.
Note: The DJI P4 Multispectral drone is not compatible with any other remote controller.
GS PRO App: Enhance drone operations with the DJI's GS (Ground Station) PRO App for Apple iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini3, Min4, and Pro (iOS 9.3+). Conduct automated flight missions, manage flight data on the cloud, and collaborate across projects to efficiently run your drone program. You'll also be able to back up flight data securely on the cloud, giving missions higher reliability and accuracy. In addition, you can reference historical information on flight missions, aircrafts, members, and flight logs so that workflows can be optimized. Flight mission data is visible to all members of a project team, making data sharing easier. Members can even view edits made by other team members, or duplicate flight parameter settings for new missions.
- Fleet & Pilot Management: Using the GS PRO app, you can manage pilots and drones through the creation of teams, making missions more coordinated. You can also designate roles with different permissions to improve communication. In addition, you'll be able to track the status of aircrafts to make proactive purchasing and maintenance decisions.
- Project Management: The GS PRO app helps you improve the efficiency of your drone operations by tracking individual projects and streamlining the project management process. Access to project status can be granted on a per project basis so that critical data is only available to the relevant members.
- 3D Map Area: The GS Pro app automatically generates efficient flight paths after you have set your required flight zone and camera parameters. The aircraft will then follow this route throughout its mission. The image data captured during these flights can be input into 3D reconstruction software to generate 3D maps, while the mission itself can be saved for re-use.
- 3D MAP POI (In-App Purchase): Through an in-app purchase you can generate detailed maps of tall structures using 3D Map POI. Simply choose the subject and set a distance between it and the aircraft. DJI GS Pro will then provide relevant parameters including speed and time required to circuit the structure. Images captured can be exported into 3D reconstruction software to create accurate 3D models of the entire building.
- Waypoint Flight: Using the GS PRO app you can set a waypoint flight path, define waypoint actions, and then start flying with a simple tap on your iPad's touchscreen. Up to 99 waypoints are available, depending on the needs of each flight.
- Virtual Fence: Virtual fence defines a specific area of flight and is useful in scenarios where some areas of a site are no-fly zones or if flight should only happen within one area, such as during manual pesticide spraying or flight. It is also useful in pilot training situations. As the aircraft approaches the virtual fence, it will brake and hover to ensure it stays within the flight area.
Notes: Currently Android OS devices are not supported.
DJI Terra Software: DJI Terra is a PC software designed to improve mission performance efficiency for industrial applications, including agricultural plant protection. It can be used to control the DJI aircraft to fly along a planned 2D or 3D route and provides functions such as 2D map and reconstruction, 3D model reconstructions, field planning, and more.
Note: The DJI Terra software program is only supported by Windows 7 (64-bit) or later. Its not compatible with Mac.
DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: Update firmware, copy flight records and calibrate the Vision System in the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom software. You'll need to download the DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom software program onto your Windows Or Mac computer. Use the included microUSB-to-USB cable to connect the aircraft to your computer.
Intelligent Flight Battery: The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery in the P4 Multispectral drone adopts the latest technologies to ensure that the flight control system is able to obtain accurate battery level. This allows it to calculate remaining flight times more accurately. It also gives pilots a full understanding of the overall battery status, including real-time battery cell status, circle number, temperature and more, and all in the DJI Pilot app on your smartphone. The aerial drone will automatically return to home if the battery signal is getting too low. The drone may land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough to descend from its current altitude.
- BMS (Battery Management System): As well as monitoring the battery status during flight, the BMS (Battery Management System) also has overcharge and over discharge protection, reducing the likelihood of battery damage. When not in use for extended periods of time, DJI Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to 50% charge, keeping it at an optimum charge level for extended battery life. When flying in cold temperatures, the BMS will activate low-temperature protection and will control power output according to the temperature. This ensures the battery can provide adequate propulsion without damage from the cold.
- Self-Heating Function: A new self-heating feature of the Intel-light Flight battery, specifically designed for the P4 Multispectral drone, allows the drone to perform reliably in adverse weather conditions as low as 14 Fahrenheit. The self-heating function will be automatically enabled when attached to the aircraft and powered on.
Note: The included Intelligent Flight Battery has a capacity of 5870 mAh, a voltage of 15.2 V, and a smart charge/discharge functionality. It should only be charged using the included DJI power adapter and charging hub. The Intelligent Flight Battery provides up to 27 minutes of flight time. It takes approximately 58 minutes to fully charge the battery.
D-RTK 2 Mobile Station & NTRIP Compatible: Enhance the accuracy of RTK positioning without internet connection by connecting the P4 Multispectral to the D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station (sold separately) and NTRIP (Network Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol), or store the satellite observation data to be used for Post Processed Kinematics (PPK).