About the DJI Smart Controller
Flight controller with an HD screen
Flight controller with an HD screen
This rugged remote control has an ultra-bright 5-1/2" HD screen that lets you see what your drone sees from up to 5 miles away. It's compatible with DJI drones with OcuSync 2.0, including the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom. It pairs automatically with your drone when both are activated, so you can start flying right away.
It also features built-in meomry storage for your recordings and an SD card slot for memory expansion and easy file transfer. When you want to see footage on a larger screen, you can use the HDMI port with 4K video output.
See clearly in sunlight
We call the controller's screen "ultra-bright," but what does that mean? Brightness is measured in a unit called "nits," and this screen has 1,000 of them, making it roughly twice as bright as your average mobile device screen.
A custom OS with built-in apps
The DJI Smart Controller features a customized Android™ operating system with two helpful apps
are pre-installed at the factory. The DJI GO 4 app offers handy sharing options, including easy transfer of photos and videos to your mobile device via Go Share. You can also livestream to social media with the help of the SkyTalk app and the microphone built into the controller. The controller's Android OS also supports third party apps, for further customization.
The DJI Smart Controller offers expanded functionality for drones equipped with OcuSync 2.0 (drone not included).
- remote controller for DJI drones equipped with OcuSync 2.0
- ultra-bright 5-1/2" display screen (1080p)
- range: up to 4.97 miles
- customized Android™ operating system
- automatic switching between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz to avoid interference
- SkyTalk and DJI GO 4 apps pre-installed
- livestream your drone's camera view directly to social media platforms
- transfer photos and videos to your mobile device using the Go Share function
- built-in microphone and speaker
- pairs automatically with your drone when activated
- 4K video playback via HDMI output
- lasts up to 2-1/2 hours per battery charge
- operating temperature: -4° to 104° F
- records to internal storage (16GB)
- SD card slot for expansion and easy file transfer (accepts microSD cards up to 128GB)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7"W x 7-1/8"H x 2-3/8"D (antennas extended)
- weight: 22.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.MA.00000080.01
What's in the box:
- DJI Smart Controller
- 4 Control sticks (2 stored on back of controller)
- USB/AC power adapter
- 39" USB-C to USB-A charging cable
- Product Information
- Intelligent Battery Safety Guidelines
DJI Smart Controller reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Smart Controller
DJI Smart Controller: The DJI Smart Controller is designed to maximize your outdoor flying experience with select Air, Mini, and Mavic 2 Series aerial drone (including the Mini 2, Air 2S, Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Zoom / Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Enterprise (always make sure your aircraft is updated with the latest firmware). A 5.5" built-in screen displays clear, bright images even under challenging conditions. Intuitive controls and pre-installed features like SkyTalk and the DJI GO 4 app get you up in the air quicker, clearer, and more conveniently.
5.5" HD Screen: The DJI Smart Controller has a built-in 5.5" HD (1080p) screen, providing an ultra-bright display to keep your live feed easily viewable, even in direct sunlight outdoors. At 1000 cd/m2, the display is approximately twice as bright as conventional smartphone and tablet devices. The display screen's brightness can be manually or or automatically adjusted. When in Auto mode is enabled, the DJI Smart Controller's built-in light sensor will automatically adjust the brightness level according to the surrounding environment. By enabling the SRE (Sunlight Readable Enhancement) function, the display screen will be automatically enhanced and optimized so that content is still clearly visible even under direct sunlight. The 5.5" HD (1080p) screen can be used for live-view and video playback.
OcuSync 2.0 Full-HD Video Transmission: Equipped with OcuSync 2.0 Full-HD video transmission technology, the DJI Smart Controller supports automatic switching between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz, reducing the influence of environmental interference on drone operation and image quality. This also ensures reliable long-range transmission at distances of up to 5 miles (8km). Once initially paired with your compatible DJI Mavic 2 Series drone, the DJI Smart Controller will automatically connect to your drone as soon as it's powered on so you can take off fast and never miss a moment of the action.
Embedded DJI Go 4 / DJI Pilot App: The DJI Smart Controller is equipped with a customized Android operating system, as well as embedded DJI Go 4 and DJI Pilot application software, allowing complete control of your compatible DJI Mini, Air, or Mavic 2 Series drone without the need for a smart mobile device.
- Flight Controls: Control the flight pattern of your Mavic 2 Series drone, while viewing a live video feed (up to 1080p) and flight telemetry data directly from the touchscreen of the DJI Smart Controller. A brand new Flight Record feature automatically synchronizes flight data, keeping it readily accessible for you to review at any time.
- Camera Functions: The embedded DJI Go 4 DJI Pilot app gives you complete control of your camera and a live HD video feed right from the DJI Smart Controller's touchscreen. You'll be able to adjust camera settings and use this real-time view to line up the perfect shot. You can snap photos and record vides with just a tap of the controller's touchscreen.
- Intelligent Flight Modes: Create professional aerial videos and photos effortlessly with advanced Intelligent Flight Modes that can be accessed through the embedded DJI Go 4 / DJI Pilot app on the DJI Smart Controller. Capture shots that would once have required practice and training with just a few taps of your finger.
- Edit & Share: Use music and video templates to create productions ready for sharing in minutes, then share them with a tap on the embedded DJI Go 4 / DJI Pilot app and the controller's touchscreen. For even more customization, import your own music and clips, add filters, and tweak your sound mix. How your videos look is up to your imagination.
- SkyTalk: The new SkyTalk feature is an amazing way to let others enjoy your aerial experience. Use it to live-stream your drone's camera view directly to social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. It also allows you to create and share short videos instantly. Live-Stream requires a WiFi connection with Internet access.
- DJI Academy & SkyPixel: Use DJI Academy to be a better pilot with a built-in flight simulator, video tutorials, tutorials and user manuals, giving you all the knowledge you need to fly. You can also take part in the world's largest aerial imaging community at SkyPixel. Learn tips and tricks from power users, find people to fly with and give your productions a global audience.
Joystick, Push-Button, & Touchscreen Controls: The DJI Smart Controller features joystick & push-button, and touchscreen controls to operate your compatible DJI Air, Mini or Mavic 2 Series drone. The joystick and push-button controls operate basic flight and camera functions, while the touchscreen gives you access to more advanced flight and camera features. Customizable buttons can quickly enable or disable frequently used functions.
- Flight Controls: Use dual 4-way joystick controllers to operate your drone's flight pattern; including Orientation (Yaw) Up/Down (Throttle), Forward/Backward (Pitch), and Left/Right (Roll). You can also use the Flight Mode switch to select P-mode (Positioning), S-mode (Sport), A-mode (Attitude), or T-Mode (Tripod). In addition, you can press and hold the "RTH" button to start the Return-to-Home procedure. The touchscreen gives you access to Intelligent Flight Modes and Flight Settings.
- Camera Controls: Use the controller's Shutter button to shoot still photos and the Record button to capture videos. A multi-function dial lets you adjust a variety of camera settings such as ISO, shutter seed, exposure, focus, and aperture. The touchscreen gives you access to Intelligent Camera Modes and Camera Settings.
Dual Remote Controller Mode: The DJI Smart Controller supports Dual Remote Controller Mode, which allows two remote cotnrollers to connect the same DJI Mavic 2 Series drone.
16GB Memory + microSD Card Slot: The DJI Smart Controller features a built-in 16GB memory for recording video and photos from your compatible DJI Air, Mini, or Mavic 2 Series drone, as well as audio from the DJI Smart Controller's built-in microphone. The DJI Smart Controller is also equipped with a microSD card slot, so you can expand its built-in memory. The DJI Smart Controller can record up to 4K video (H.264 or H.265 formats). It supports microSD cards with a capacity of up to 128 GB and R/W speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3.
Transferring Files: You can easily transfer your aerial photos and videos from the DJI Smart Controller to your Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 5.0+ device using the DJI GO 4 app's new Go Share function. You can also insert the DJI Smart Controller's microSD card directly into a computer or use a card-reader to transfer files to a computer. In addition, you can transfer files by connecting the DJI Smart Controller via USB to any computer that uses Microsoft Windows and selecting "Transfer Files" from the Smart Controller menu.
Audio/Video Playback: Your DJI Smart Controller's recorded audio/video and be played back on its 5.5" HD screen and built-in speaker. It's also equipped with an HDMI output that lets you playback your recorded audio/video files on an external display monitor or TV.
Built-In Microphone & Speaker: The DJI Smart Controller features a built-in microphone for recording audio and built-in speaker for playback.
Rechargeable Battery: The DJI Smart Controller's rechargeable lithium-ionbattery (5000mAh) can work continuously for up to 2.5 hours. It takes 2 hours to fully charge the battery using a the included USB/AC power adapter and cord.
Operating Temperature: The DJI Smart Controller is capable of stable operation in temperatures ranging from -4°F to 104°C (-20°C to 40°C), giving you a reliable HD connection with your compatible DJI Air, Mini, or Mavic 2 Series drone in more places.
Portable Design: Featuring an integrated design with detachable control sticks, the DJI Smart Controller is portable enough to bring with you almost anywhere.
1 question already asked