About the DJI Mini SE
A high-value, high-flying drone from DJI
The ultralight DJI Mini SE is a great traveling companion, sailing through the air with ease and capturing your outdoor adventures in fine detail.
A high-value, high-flying drone from DJI
If a compact flying camera seems cool (it totally is), but you've been hesitant to jump in to fray, DJI's Mini SE drone might tempt you. This agile quadcopter is budget-friendly and easy to use, making it a perfect drone for beginners or really anyone looking to snag sweet aerial footage without a chunky investment.
Crisp airborne visuals
The Mini SE comes equipped with a 12-megapixel camera for sharp stills and smooth 2.7K video. The three-axis gimbal keeps the camera steady while you fly. And it boasts improved motors over its predecessor the Mavic Mini. This lets the SE resist winds up to 23.4 miles per hour, so you can focus on capturing the action from above.
Room to explore
The Mini SE flies up to 29 miles per hour, so it can zip out into the distance quickly. Its strong wireless connection transmits video up to 2.4 miles and to a maximum altitude of 1.8 miles, letting you fly this drone farther and higher than you might expect. You can catch a shot panning over a mountainside or along a ravine while you're planted safely on terra firma.
Making it easy
The included remote controller acts as a dock for your smartphone, which becomes your display when you use the DJI Fly app. The app does way more than just control the drone though. With comprehensive tutorials, a wide selection of video modes, and intelligent flight features, the user experience is robust and beginner-friendly. It's easy to start learning to fly. Before you know it, you'll be zipping the drone overhead with confidence.
You can also edit your footage directly within the Fly app. Built-in filters, background music, and professionally designed video templates help you splice together cool content in minutes. Connect to SkyPixel, DJI's social media platform, to share your creations with other hobbyists in the community.
- compact remote-controlled flying drone
- ultralight and foldable for easy transportation
- built-in 12-megapixel camera with 2.7K Quad HD video
- 3-axis motorized gimbal helps ensure a smooth, steady image
- wirelessly transmits clear HD video up to 2.49 miles
- supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands
- resists winds up to 23.4 mph
- operating temperature: 32° to 104°
- intelligent features like Smart Return to Home, precision hovering, and automatic takeoff help make flying easy
- records to a microSD memory card (not included)
- flies up to 29 mph
- maximum flight time: 30 minutes
- use the DJI Fly app to shoot, edit, and share photos and video
- extensive flight tutorials help get new users safely in the air faster
- built-in templates, filters, and music make it easy to get creative
- QuickShot modes: Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix
- CineSmooth mode slows drone's movements for an extra layer of imaging precision
- remote controller (live view on connected smartphone display: 720p @ 30 fps)
- USB-C and micro USB cables
- three RC (remote control) cables with micro USB, USB-C, and Lightning® connectors
- spare pair of propellers
- spare pair of remote control sticks
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-7/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-11/16"D (unfolded with propellers)
- weight: 8.5 oz. (with battery, propellers, and optional microSD card)
- warranty: 1 year (6 months battery)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA offers the most up-to-date information on safety tips, rules, and regulations for responsible drone use. Many drones need to be registered, and state and/or local laws may restrict their use in some areas.
- MFR # CP.MA.00000324.01
What's in the box:
- ini aerial drone w/ gimbal camera
- Gimbal protector
- Remote controller
- 4 Joysticks (2 stored on controller)
- Intelligent Flight Battery (pre-installed)
- 12 Propellers (8 pre-installed)
- 19" USB-C to USB-A cable
- 19" microUSB to USB-A cable
- 6" microUSB
- 6" USB-C to microUSB cable
- 6" Lightning to microUSB cable (pre-installed in controller)
- 6 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Information
- "Fly The Right Way" brochure
- "We Are Here For You" card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Mini SE
Compact & Lightweight: Weighing under 8.7 ounces (249 grams), the DJI Mini SE is almost as light as the average smartphone. This makes it exceptionally portable and places it in the lowest and safest weight class of drones, which in many countries may exempt it from certain regulations. In the United States and Canada, you can fly the Mini SE without the need to register the drone with the government. Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone (click here for more details).
Note: The DJI Mini SE can be used indoors or outdoors. However, it is not waterproof and should not be used during rain, sleet, snow, ice, etc.
Flight Safety: Featuring a Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System, the DJI Mini SE provides a safe flight experience. The Downward Visions System consists of one camera, while the Infrared Sensing System consists of two 3D infrared modules. Both systems help the aircraft maintain its current position, hover in place more precisely, and to fly indoors without GPS. Other unique safety features include Automatic Takeoff, Precision Hover, and Return To Home (RTH).
- Automatic Takeoff/Landing: The DJI Mini SE will automatically take off and hover at approximately 3.9' above the ground. The aircraft will also automatically land on its own using its Downward Vision System.
- Precision Hover: Thanks to advanced sensors, the DJI Mini SE can also hover precisely at winds speeds up to 22.3 mph (10 m/s).
- Return To Home (RTH): The Mini SE is able to automatically return to its home point when the remote controller signal is lost or the battery level is low. Always be sure to observe the surrounding environment carefully and set a proper altitude to avoid obstacles when using the Return to Home function.
- The DJI Mini SE does not offer support for intelligent obstacle avoidance.
- DJI recommends using the Mini SE with the 360° Propeller Guard (sold separately) to protect the propellers and fly safely.
Flight Modes: The DJI Mini has 4 flight modes that can selected from the DJI Fly app on compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device.
- Normal: In Normal mode, the Mini SE utilizes GPS and the Vision System to locate itself and stabilize. Position mode works best when the GPS signal is strong. The maximum flight speed is 22.3 mph in Normal mode.
- Attitude: The Mini SE automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision System is unavailable or disabled, and when the GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. In this mode, the aircraft cannot position itself or brake automatically. In ATTI mode, the Mini SE may be more easily affected by its surroundings.
- Sport: In Sport mode, the Mini SE uses GPS and its Vision System for positioning. The Mini SE's aircraft responses are optimized for agility and speed making it more responsive to control stick movement from the remote controller. The maximum flight speed is 29 mph.
- CineSmooth: Slow down the Mini SE's flight speed and movements for an added layer of precision and stability. This mode is especially useful when flying in narrow or complex spaces. The maximum flight speed is 8.9 mph.
Flight Recorder: Flight data including flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters are automatically saved to the internal data recorder of the DJI Mini SE. The data can be accessed using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software program - compatible with Windows PC and Mac.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
3-Axis Gimbal: A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, ultra-smooth footage. The 3-axis gimbal provides tilt, roll, and pan mechanical stabilization. Tilt range is -110 to +35 degrees, Roll range is -35 to +35 degrees and Pan range is -20 to +20 degrees. Two gimbal operation modes are available.
- Follow Mode: In this mode, the angle between the gimbal's orientation and the Mini SE's front remains constant at all times.
- FPV Mode: In this mode, the gimbal synchronizes with the movement of the Mini SE to provide a first-person flying experience.
Stabilized Gimbal Camera: The Mini SE is equipped with a 1/2.3" CMOS sensor that supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K Quad HD videos. Its 24mm lens with a f/2.8 aperture provides 83 degrees FOV (field of view).
- Video Resolutions: Video is recorded in MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC). You can select between 2720 x 1530 @ 24/25/30p (2.7K) or 1920 x 1080 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60p (1080p) video resolution. Max video bitrate is 40 Mbps.
- Photo Resolutions: Photos are recorded in JPEG at 4000 x 3000 (4:3) or 4000 x 2250 (16:9)
Note: The built-in camera does not offer optical or digital zoom capabilities.
Photo Modes: You can choose between two Photo modes (Single or Interval) in the DJI Fly app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device.
- Single Shot: In Single Shot mode, the Mini SE captures one image at a time when the shutter button is pressed within the DJI Fly app on the touchscreen of your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
- Interval: The Interval shooting mode can be set to 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, or 60 shots per press of the DJI Fly app's shutter button on your compatible mobile device.
QuickShots: QuickShot modes are available through the DJI Fly App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device. DJI Flay app QuickShot modes include Dronie, Circle, Helix, and Rocket. Just select a QuickShot mode from the app on your compatible smartphone and the Mini SE will execute an elaborate preset motion while recording. You can then take the automatically generated short video and share it instantly with friends on social media.
- Dronie: In this mode, the Mini SE flies backward and ascends with the camera locked on the subject.
- Rocket: In Rocket mode, the Mini SE ascends with the camera pointing downard.
- Circle: In Circle mode, the Mini SE circles around the subject.
- Helix: In this mode, the Mini SE ascends and spirals around the subject.
Note: In the process of locking onto a subject during QuickShots, an algorithm must run on the app, which takes up a lot of memory on your mobile device. Therefore, app performance may be affected by mobile device type. It is also recommended to close any idle background apps or programs running on your mobile device before attempting to use QuickShots.
MicroSD Card Slot: The DJI Mini SE is outfitted with a microSD card slot for storing captured video and photo images. MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4/AVC) videos and JPEG photos are recorded onto a microSD card formated in FAT32 (<32GB) or exFAT (>32GB). Use only a UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above microSD card only.
- Video and photo images can also be downloaded to your compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device through the DJI Fly App.
- Without a microSD card inserted, you can still capture single photos or record 720p normal videos. The file will be directly stored on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device running the DJI Fly app.
- The DJI Mini SE does not feature internal memory for storing videos and photos.
Remote Controller: The DJI Mini SE comes with a dedicated wireless remote controller that works in tandem with the DJI Fly App and your compatible smartphone device to control flight pattern and capture aerial images. The dedicated remote controller maintains a 2.4/5.8GHz wireless 720p/30fps video feed at a distance of up to 2.48 miles (4 km) with the DJI Fly app and your compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device. The controller features detachable control sticks that can be easily stored inside the remote controller for added portability.
Note: The DJI Mini SE requires the included remote controller, the DJI Fly app, and a compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device for flight operation
DJI Fly App: The DJI Mini SE requires the DJI Fly app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), which has been designed to provide you with intuitive controls that make flight easier than ever. The DJI Fly app offers a simple and intuitive user experience, enabling you to create cinematic shots that you can share. It even has Flight Tutorial, a feature to help you get started with the Mini SE quickly and safely.
- Live Video Feed: The DJI Fly app provides a live 720p video feed (up to 2.49 miles) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device.
- Flight Status: Parameters like signal strength, flying mode, altitude, distance, and battery level are easily visible during flight so you always have access to the latest information.
- Camera Settings: With a sleek and efficient interface, DJI Fly provides an expanded view for composition and shooting. You can easily adjust camera parameters, quickly switch between shooting modes, and adjust the gimbal angle on the screen
- Editing Suite: Shooting, editing, and sharing can all be done the the DJI Fly app. You can also easily manage storage with the ability to export or delete footage directly in the app.
- The DJI Fly App is not compatible with all Apple iOS and Android devices; click here for a compatibility list.
- The DJI Mini SE is not compatible with previous and other DJI apps. Only use the DJI Fly app.
Smartphone Cradle: The included remote controller's integrated smartphone cradle will hold Apple iOS and Android OS smartphone devices that are 0.25" (6.5mm) to (0.33") 8.5mm thick and no more than 6.3" (160mm) long. Devices beyond this measurement range are not supported. Make sure to remove the protective case or cover from your smartphone device before attaching it to the Mini SE's remote controller. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device will also need to be connected to the remote controller via one of the included Lightning, USB-C, or microUSB cable adapter cables.
DJI Academy: The DJI Fly app includes access to the DJI Academy where you can find easy-to-follow flight tutorials and instructional videos to help you get started.
SkyPixel: Take part in the world's largest aerial imaging community at SkyPixel. Learn tips and tricks from power users, find people to fly with and give your productions a global audience. SkyPixel can be accessed through the DJI Fly app.
Rechargeable Batteries: The DJI Mini SE is powered by a high-density, rechargeable lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery that has a capacity of 2250mAh and voltage of 7.7V. This battery can provide a maximum flight time of up to 30 minutes (at 10.5 mph with 0 wind). The included remote controller features a built-in, rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 2600mAH and can last up to 4.5 hours. The operating temperature for both batteries is 41°F to 104°F. The batteries must be fully charged before using it for the first time.
- Intelligent Flight Battery: The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery adopts the latest technologies to ensure that the flight control system is able to obtain accurate battery level. This allows it to calculate remaining flight times more accurately. It also gives pilots a full understanding of the overall battery status, including real-time battery cell status, circle number, temperature and more - and all in the DJI Fly app on your smartphone.
- BMS (Battery Management System): As well as monitoring the battery status during flight, the BMS (Battery Management System) also has overcharge and over discharge protection, reducing the likelihood of battery damage. When not in use for extended periods of time, DJI Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to 50% charge, keeping it at an optimum charge level for extended battery life. When flying in cold temperatures, the BMS will activate low-temperature protection and will control power output according to the temperature. This ensures the battery can provide adequate propulsion without damage from the cold.
- The aerial drone will automatically return to home if the battery signal is getting too low. The drone may land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough to descend from its current altitude.
- The Intelligent Flight Battery of the previous DJI Mini SE and Intelligent Flight Battery of the DJI Mini SE are not interchangeable.