About the DJI Action 2 Power Combo
Go fast and capture it all in 4K
Go fast and capture it all in 4K
The DJI Action 2 lets you capture fun footage of dynamic action on the go. This tiny, wearable camera records detailed 4K video at a super-smooth 120 frames per second. Its ultra-wide 155° field of view gives you sweeping shots of the scenery around you or the terrain zooming by. And its advanced image stabilization keeps the camera steady and locked on the horizon the whole time. Whether you're riding a dirt bike over sand dunes or skiing down a snow-capped mountain, the Action 2 makes sure your footage is crisp and shake-free.
DJI designed this camera with a versatile magnetic locking system. The Action 2 effortlessly clicks onto the included magnetic lanyard so it can follow your every move. A magnetic adapter mount is also included, which connects the cam to an assortment of interchangeable handles and other accessories from DJI (sold separately). If you've got a third-party accessory with a 1/4" screw, you can mount it on that as well.
Extra power lets you play longer
This combo includes a magnetically attachable power module, adding a microSD memory card slot and providing up to 110 minutes of extra battery life. The module snaps on in seconds, and it's even hot-swappable, so you can add extra time to your shoot without stopping your recording.
Rugged, all-terrain construction
The Action 2 has a durable, lightweight aluminum frame that's resistant to impact. And the touchscreen and lens are both made of gorilla glass, making the cam effectively drop-proof. It's also dust-proof and waterproof — you can capture underwater footage while submerged down to 32.8 feet.
Create and share epic content
DJI's handy, all-in-one Mimo app lets you shoot, edit, and share your footage using your phone. This free download has a bevy of intuitive features and tools like music and filters that make it easy to create cool videos. Generate timelapses or slow the action down by 8X. You can also quickly download files straight to the app, saving you the time of exporting and organizing your footage.
If you're new to creating content, you can download the DJI Academy app, which has a host of helpful tutorials to get you started. Want to share your adventures online, but are strapped for time? Story Mode uses AI to automatically create a short cinematic video well-suited for social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram.
- compact 4K action camera with intuitive touchscreen controls
- built-in rear 1.76-inch OLED touchscreen
- magnetic locking design lets you quickly mount the camera and swap out accessories
- 1/4" screw hole for third-party accessories
- rugged and impact-resistant
- dustproof and waterproof down to 32.8 feet
- built-in microphone
- built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- battery life: 70 minutes
- captures 12-megapixel stills and 4K video at up to 120 fps
- 1/1.7" CMOS sensor with 12.7mm lens (35mm equivalent)
- ultra-wide 155° FOV (field of view)
- aspheric lens sharpens edges and reduces distortion for a clean wide-angle view
- HorizonSteady image stabilization keeps your footage smooth
- up to 4X digital zoom
- aperture: f/2.8
- ISO: 100-6400
- 22.4 GB available internal storage
- 1-9/16"W x 1-9/16"H x 15/16"D
- weight: 1.97 oz.
- provides up to 110 extra minutes of use (180 minutes total)
- records to optional microSD memory card (256 GB max)
- Note: the power module is not waterproof like the camera. An optional waterproof case is available from DJI (sold separately).
- 1-9/16"W x 1-11/16"H x 7/8"D
- weight: 1.99 oz.
- use the DJI Mimo app to shoot, edit, and share photos and video
- download footage straight to the app, removing the need to export files
- HD live view on your phone during recording
- supports timelapse, hyperlapse, and 8X slow motion modes
- get creative with filters, music, and templates
- Story Mode uses AI to automatically create a short cinematic video
- DJI Academy app provides tutorials to help you capture eye-catching content
- includes magnetic lanyard and adapter mount
- operating temperature: 32° to 104° F
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.OS.00000197.01
What's in the box:
- Action 2 camera
- Power Pack module
- Magnetic lanyard
- Magnetic adapter mount
- 20" USB cable (type-A to type-C)
- Quickstart guide
- Safety guidelines
- Warranty information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Action 2 Power Combo
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size (inches)||1.76|
|Total Pixel Count||12 MP|
|Effective Pixel Count for Video||---|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9, 4:3|
|Optical Zoom||N x|
|Built-in Video Light||No|
|Built-in Memory||22.4 GB|
|Max Recording Time w/ Included Battery||180 Mins|
|Digital Still Camera Features|
|Effective Pixel Count for Stills||---|
|Built-in Photo Flash||No|
|Still Image Aspect Ratios||Not given|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||1.97|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Image Sensor Warranty||1 Year|
DJI Action 2: The DJI Action 2 is a wearable action camera that combines mobility and stability with 4K/60fps video recording and 12MP photography. This durable and waterproof action camera is ideal for outdoor use, with Timelapse, Slow Motion, and seamless Digital Zoom. The DJI Action 2's magnetic design lets you easily switch between the included accessories and a variety of optional ones. The Action 2 includes a Power Pack for increased battery capacity and an added microSD card slot; a magnetic lanyard, for wearing the action camera; and a Magnetic Adapter Mount, for attaching the camera to a helmet fixture. A rear-panel 1.76" touchscreen lets you view your recorded video as well as change settings.
Camera Design w/ Touchscreen: The Action 2 features a durable aluminum chassis. The built-in touchscreen and buttons provide a quick, single-handed user experience, letting you choose modes and adjust settings in a few swipes and taps. The onboard touchscreen display provides a live video feed from the camera, as well as displaying shooting mode, battery level, and microSD card information. The camera features a built-in 580mAh battery that can provide approximately 70 mins of recording time.
Power Pack: The DJI Action 2 camera includes a DJI Power Pack that attaches to the camera magnetically. The Power Pack's built-in 1300mAh battery provides additional power to the camera, extending the operating time to approximately 180 minutes. In addition, the Power Pack features a microSD card slot for storing videos and photos (microSD card sold separately). Charging the camera's internal battery or the attached Power Pack takes approximately 90 minutes for a full charge, and can be done using the included USB-A to USB-C cable plugged into a USB power supply (not included) or your computer.
HorizonSteady & RockSteady 2.0: The DJI Action 2 can capture smooth footage, even during full-action recording, using DJI's latest HorizonSteady and RockSteady 2.0 technologies. HorizonSteady keeps footage level no matter the situation, while RockSteady 2.0 ensures your video footage is stable.
- RockSteady 2.0 image stabilization can only be used when the video frame rate is below 100 fps.
- HorizonSteady only supports a maximum video resolution of 2.7K.
Underwater Action: The Action 2 camera is waterproof at depths up to 32.8' (10m). The optional DJI waterproof case (sold separately) allows the camera to be used as deep as 196.85' (60m).
Audio Recording: The DJI Action 2 includes a built-in microphone for recording audio along with video footage. Audio is recorded as AAC files.
Ultra-High Resolution Camera: The DJI Action 2 features a built-in ultra-high resolution camera for recording 4K/60Hz video and capturing 64MP photos. The camera consists of a 1/1.7" CMOS sensor with 155° FOV, and an f/2.8 aperture lens for exceptional video recording and still photography. The camera is capable of recording Still Photos, Standard Video, Slow Motion Video, and Timelapse Video.
|Still Photos||12MP (4000x3000)|
|Standard Video||4K (4:3): 4096x3072 @24/25/30/48/50/60 fps|
|4K (16:9): 3840x2160 @100/120 fps|
|4K (16:9): 3840x2160 @24/25/30/48/50/60 fps|
|2.7K (4:3): 2688x2016 @24/25/30/48/50/60 fps|
|2.7K (16:9): 2688x1512 @100/120 fps|
|2.7K (16:9): 2688x1512 @24/25/30/48/50/60 fps|
|1080p: 1920x1080 @100/120/200/240 fps|
|1080p: 1920x1080 @24/25/30/48/50/60 fps|
|Slow Motion||4K: 4x (120 fps)|
|2.7K: 4x (120 fps)|
|1080p: 8x (240 fps), 4x (120 fps)|
|Shooting Interval: 0.5s/1s/2s/3s/4s/5s/6s/7s/8s/10s/13s/15s/20s/25s/30s/40s|
|Shooting Duration: ∞, 5/10/20/30 min, 1/2/3/5 hrs.|
- Video: MP4 (H.264/HEVC)
- Photos: JPEG/RAW
Media Storage: The Action 2 features a built-in storage capacity of 32GB (22.4GB available) for storing videos and photos. Video and photos can also be recorded to a microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC memory card up to 256GB (memory card sold separately) when using the Power Pack. It is recommend that you use a microSD card with a UHS-1 Speed Grade 3 rating or better. Video and photo files can also be transferred and stored on a PC connected with the provided USB-A to USB-C cable.
- Storing captured footage to a microSD card can only be done when the Power Pack is attached to the Action 2 camera.
- The DJI Action 2 only supports the exFAT file system - FAT32 is not supported.
Magnetic Attachments: The Action 2's magnetic base lets you quickly and easily switch out one of the included attachment pieces. Either piece can be used with the camera alone or with the Power Pack attached:
- Magnetic Lanyard: An adjustable lanyard lets you wear
the Action 2 camera around your neck, capturing images in front of you. The
Magnetic Lanyard is designed to be worn underneath a shirt or thin piece of
clothing, with the camera magnetically attaching to it on the outside.
- Note: Thick clothes such as sweaters or jackets may not allow the magnets to hold securely.
- Magnetic Adapter Mount: This piece can be used to attach the camera to a helmet mounting system (sold separately), allowing it to be tilted forwards and backwards.
DJI Mimo App: The DJI Mimo app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) is a comprehensive app that offers intuitive, powerful editing tools to enhance your photos and videos through your compatible smartphone. Your compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone will need to be connected to the Action 2 via a Bluetooth and WiFi connection. With tools like HD live view during recording and intelligent modes, DJI Mimo is an all-in-one solution that lets you capture, edit, and share the best of your moments, right from your fingertips.
- Precise Control: The DJI Mimo app unlocks the full potential of the Action 2 camera by granting users total control of movements and camera parameters while enjoying a live view of the camera from your smartphone. The app also includes overexposure alerts and histograms, helping you ensure picture quality while making incredible moments.
- Intelligent Modes: No matter how complex or dynamic your shot, DJI Mimo uses intelligent modes and new algorithms to capture the scene. ActiveTrack automatically recognizes and follows subjects of your choice, and FaceTrack automatically begins in Selfie mode, keeping you at the center of the frame the whole time. For every destination, multiple panorama modes let you capture breathtaking landscapes, while Timelapse and Motionlapse expand your creative options to make an unforgettable travel video.
- Media Management: The DJI Mimo app lets you download photos and video to your mobile device, then edit and manage them all. You can also remove the microSD card from the Power Pack and transfer the files to your computer.
- AI Editor: The DJI Mimo app's editing suite was designed for beginner and experienced users to enhance their content with a professional touch. Set the tone of your video with templates, filters, music, and watermark stickers. For finer details, you can also adjust playback speed and direction, brightness, saturation, contrast, and sharpness to make your finished work truly unique. Alternatively, use My Story video templates designed by professional editors to make your footage cinematic.
- DJI Academy: For immersive and active learning, the DJI Mimo app includes DJI Academy, a resource of easy-to-follow tutorial videos and answers to frequently asked questions so that you can become an experienced photographer.
Optional Accessories: A suite of accessories specifically designed for the DJI Action 2 camera offers even more options for filming and photography. All accessories are sold separately.
- Front Touchscreen Module: The Front Touchscreen Module features a front-facing OLED touchscreen and four Matrix Stereo microphones that let you compose videos and capture crisp audio as you narrate your adventures. The Front Touchscreen Module's built-in battery can provide up to 160 minutes of recording time.
- Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter: The Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter features a reusable adhesive base and ball-joint to gain unique vantage points and angles when filming.
- Remote Control Extension Rod: The Remote Control Extension Rod features a quick-release grip, making it easy to hold while taking group selfies. It also features an integrated extension rod, tripod, and removable remote control pad.
- Macro Lens: The snap-on Macro Lens features a glass lens with a multi-layer coating that lets you capture sharper detail for up-close shots.
- Waterproof Case: The Waterproof Case creates smooth underwater footage while keeping the Action 2 safe at depths of up to 196.85' (60m).
- Magnetic Headband: The Magnetic Headband lets you wear the Action 2 on your forehead for action shots.
- DJI Mic: This wireless microphone system can deliver exceptional sound quality and dual-channel recording at distances up to 820' (250m). The system consists of two microphone transmitters, a receiver, and an ultra-portable charging case.
Firmware Updates: The Action 2 camera's firmware will be updated through the DJI Mimo app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. An on-screen alert will be received on the app when a new firmware update is available.
Note: An inserted microSD card is required for firmware updates. Make sure the camera's battery level is at least 15% before updating firmware.