About the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart Controller
Zoom in on the action from above
The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with 2X optical zoom 4K video camera is a state-of-the-art aerial photography quadcopter.
Zoom in on the action from above
The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom lets you fly high with a 2X optical zoom 4K video camera mounted on the fuselage. Shoot cinematic visuals with the specialized dolly zoom function, or digitally stitch up to 9 photos together to create a vivid 48-megapixel super resolution-still.
And while the drone is flying, you get an excellent view from the ground, thanks to the included DJI Smart Controller, which displays camera images on a built-in 5-1/2" HD screen.
Fly fast and far
The Mavic series has always been popular with our customers, and the Mavic 2 Zoom builds on that legacy. It can fly for up to 31 minutes at a time, with a top speed of 44.7 miles per hour. Omnidirectional obstacle sensing helps you navigate safely.
New low-noise flight technology makes for quieter flights. And the whole thing folds up so you can transport it to and from your launch site with ease.
Special flight modes
Pre-programmed flight modes help you create amazing images with minimal effort. New Hyperlapse mode creates time-lapse photos and processes them automatically, so you don't have to wait for post-production.
You can send the drone on a pre-set flight path, or create and store your own in the Task Library. Either way, you can repeat the same route at any time, and see what's changed. If you want to get a lot of scenery into one image, use one of the four panorama modes: Sphere, Horizontal, Vertical, or 180°.
Included Smart Controller
The 'copter comes with a DJI Smart Controller, which features an ultra-bright 5-1/2", HD display screen. The drone uses the OcuSync 2.0 digital video transmission system to send 1080p video to the controller from up to 4.9 miles away. It works over dual-band Wi-Fi® with automatic switching to seek out the strongest frequency.
This controller makes social media sharing easier, too. SkyTalk and DJI GO 4 apps are pre-installed, so you can transfer photos and videos to your mobile device easily, and livestream your drone's camera view directly to social media platforms.
- quadcopter with 2X optical zoom camera, controller, rechargeable intelligent flight battery, and charger
- foldable, lightweight design makes it easy to carry to your launch destination
- low-noise flight technology for a quieter flight
- flight time: up to 31 minutes
- maximum speed: 44.7 mph
- GPS/GLONASS positioning allows super-accurate navigation
- omnidirectional obstacle sensing helps you fly safely
- 8GB of internal storage
- records to optional microSD memory card (64 GB max., Speed Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required)
- 9-9/16"W x 3-5/16"H x 12-11/16"D (unfolded)
- weight: 2 lbs.
- 12-megapixel 1/2.3" CMOS sensor
- 24-48mm lens (2X optical zoom)
- 4X lossless digital zoom
- fast, sharp autofocus
- movie-style dolly zoom feature
- HyperLight improves low-light photography
- digitally stitch 9 photos together to create 48-megapixel super resolution stills
- Hyperlapse mode creates time-lapse photos and processes them automatically
- multiple flight modes including POI 2.0, Waypoint 2.0, Asteroid, Boomerang, and more
- ActiveTrack 2.0 accurately tracks a moving subject at high speed
- 4 panoramic photo modes: Sphere, Horizontal, Vertical, and 180°
- tap where you want to go on your smartphone's screen and the Mavic Pro will smoothly fly there in TapFly mode
- OcuSync 2.0 digital video transmission system:
- sends 1080p live video to the controller from up to 4.9 miles away
- dual-band Wi-Fi® with auto-switching
- 40 Mbps download speed
- share footage with the free, downloadable DJIGO app for iOS® and Android™ devices
- flight telemetry data is stored internally and can be downloaded via micro USB port
DJI Smart Controller:
- ultra-bright 5-1/2" display screen (1080p)
- range: up to 4.97 miles
- customized Android™ operating system
- SkyTalk and DJI GO 4 apps pre-installed for video sharing and livestreaming
- SD card slot for expansion and easy file transfer (accepts microSD cards up to 128GB)
Included Accessories and warranty:
- three pairs of propellers
- one micro USB cable
- one Type-C-to-micro USB cable
- one pair of replacement control sticks
- rechargeable intelligent flight battery
- battery charger
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
- MFR # CP.MA.00000033.01
What's in the box:
- Aerial drone w/ gimbal camera
- Smart controller
- Intelligent Flight Battery (pre-installed)
- AC power adapter
- 39" Power cable
- USB/AC power adapter
- 41" USB-C to USB-A cable
- 6 Propellers
- Gimbal protector (pre-installed)
- 4 Joystick knobs (2 pre-installed)
- Quick Start Guide
- Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines
- "In The Box" booklet
- "DJI Support" card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart Controller
Optimally Designed: After countless hours of research and testing, the Mavic 2 Zoom has been optimally redesigned to increase propulsion, lower power consumption, and reduce noise. These subtle yet powerful improvements, along with an improved FlightAutonomy system, offer a smoother, quieter flight for greater discretion and safety. The Mavic 2 Zoom is an improvement in almost all aspects over DJI's previous Mavic series drone - including camera performance, video transmission, fight time, flight speed, low-noise, omnidirectional obstacle sensing, intelligent functions, and its unique Hyperlapse feature.
Aerodynamic Performance. The Mavic 2 Zoom's rebuilt aircraft body presents better aerodynamic performance. The body drag of the Mavic 2 Zoom is 19% less than that of the previous Mavic series drone when flying at full speed. It can reach a maximum speed of 44.7 mph (72kph). The Mavic 2 Zoom can resist up to level 5 winds on the Beaufort scale.
- Max Ascent Speed: 5m/s (Sport mode), 4m/s (Positioning mode)
- Max Descent Speed: 3m/s (Sport mode), 3m/s (Positioning mode)
- Max Speed: 44.7 mph in Sport mode without wind
- Max Height: 19,685 feet
- Max Wind Speed Resistance: 18mph to 23.6mph
Low-Noise Propellers: Low-noise propellers make your flight incredibly quiet, eliminating any worries of disturbing your surroundings. The propellers adopt a brand new aerodynamic design, which results in quieter flight, increased efficiency, and extended flight time. They also offer a quick-release design.
Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing: FlightAutonomy has been upgraded to include Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing. The Mavic 2 Zoom is equipped with Forward, Backward, Downward, and Lateral Visions System, plus Upward and Downward Infrared Sensing Systems, providing omnidirectional obstacle sensing (if lighting conditions are adequate). The main components of the Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems are six cameras located on the nose, rear side, and the underside of the aircraft. Lateral Visions Systems are two cameras located on either side of the aircraft. The main components of the Upward and Downward Infrared Sensing Systems are two 3D infrared modules located on the upper and underside of the aircraft.
- Forward & Backward Visions Systems: Using the Forward and Backward Visions Systems, the aircraft can actively brake when detecting obstacles in front. The Forward and Backward Visions Systems work best with adequate lighting and clear marked textured obstacles. To allow for sufficient time to break, the aircraft should not fly more than 31mps when fly forward or more than 27mps when flying backward.
- Lateral Visions Systems: The Lateral Vision Systems require better lighting and more textured or clearly marked obstacles, and cannot sense dynamic objects such as moving people, vehicles, tree braches, or blinking lights. The Lateral Vision Systems are only available in ActiveTrack 2.0 and Tripod Mode, as well as QuickShots mode.
- Downward Visions & Infrared Sensing Systems: The Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System helps the aircraft maintain its current position and hover in place more precisely and fly indoors or in other environments where GPS signal is unavailable. In addition, the Auxiliary Bottom Light located on the underside of the aircraft improves visibility for the Downward Vision Systems in weak light conditions. The Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System activate automatically when the aircraft is turned done.
Note: FlightAutonomy only provides a certain amount of protection in specific environments and does not compensate for user judgment during flight. The Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing technology does not fully cover the circumference of a 360° arc. DJI warranty does not cover any loss caused by crashing. Please be aware of your surroundings and app notifications when operating the Mavic 2 Zoom to ensure safety.
Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS): When the Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) feature is enabled, the aircraft continues to response to user commands and plans its path according to both control stick inputs and the flight environment. APAS makes it easier to avoid obstacles, obtain smoother footage, and give a better flying experience. The Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) feature is only available in P-Mode (Position).
OcuSync 2.0 Digital Video Transmission System: OcuSync 2.0 video transmission performance is greatly enhanced with improvements made to communication distance, video quality and anti-interference, offering you unprecedented control. OcuSync 2.0 supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands, featuring stronger interference resistance and auto-switching capabilities to deliver 1080p video transmission feeds with low-latency (120-130ms) at up to 5 miles (8km). The all-new OcuSync 2.0 allows you to fly further without constraints.
- Dual-Band Auto-Switching: The Mavic 2 relies on 2.4GHZ trans mission, a signal frequency commonly interrupted by multiple wireless devices. However, by support auto-switching between both 2.4 and 5.8GHz bands, the Mavic 2 can always transmit on the clearest signal which is crucial for high-interference environments.
- Fast Download & Low-Latency: OcuSync 2.0 offers a download speed of up to 40Mbps and latency as low as 120ms, delivering a smoother video feed and overall better control experience.
Note: OcuSync specifications based on an environment that is unobstructed, free of interference and is FCC compliant.
Flight Modes: The Mavic 2 Zoom has three flights modes (Positioning/Sport/Tripod), plus a fourth flight mode (Attitude) that the aircraft automatically switches to in certain circumstances.
- P-Mode (Positioning): The Positioning mode works best when the GPS signal is strong. The aircraft utilizes GPS and the Vision Systems to locate itself, stabilize, and navigate between obstacles. Intelligent Flight Modes are enabled in the mode. The maximum forward flight speed is 31mph and the maximum backward flight speed is 27mph when in P-mode.
- A-Mode (Attitude): The aircraft will automatically changes to Attitude mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled and when the GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. When the Vision Systems are unavailable, the aircraft cannot position itself or brake automatically, which increases the risk of potential flight hazards. In Attitude mode, the aircraft may be more easily affected by its surrounds. Environmental factors such as wind can result in horizontal shifting, which may present hazards, especially when flying in confined spaces.
- S-Mode (Sport): In Sport mode, the aircraft responses are optimized for agility and speed making it more responsive to joystick movements. The maximum flight speed is 44.7mph. The Vision Systems are disabled and the aircraft only uses GPS for positioning when in Sport mode. Intelligent Flight Modes are not available and the aircraft cannot sense or avoid obstacles when in Sport mode.
- T-Mode (Tripod): Tripod mode makes the aircraft more stable during shooting with limited flight speed. The maximum flight speed, maximum ascend speed and maximum descend speed are 1 m/s. Intelligent Flight Modes are not available in Tripod mode.
Return To Home (RTH) w/ Precision Landing: The Return to Home (RTH) function brings the aircraft back to the last recorded home point. Its Forward Vision System allows the aircraft to create a real-time map of its flight route as it flies, so it can retrace its flight pattern to return to the home point. Once the aircraft has returned to its home point, it will scan the terrain below and attempt to land automatically. There are three types of Return to Home (RTH) - Smart RTH, Low Battery RTH, and Failsafe RTH.
- Smart RTH: If the GPS signal is sufficiently strong, Smart RTH can be used to bring the aircraft back to the home point by manually activating this feature from the Smart Controller.
- Low Battery RTH: Low Battery RTH is trigger when the Intelligent Flight Battery is depleted to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected. The DJI 4 GO app will display a warning when the battery level is low. The aircraft will then automatically return to the home.
- Failsafe RTH: Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote control signal is lost for more than two seconds. When Failsafe RTH is activated, the aircraft will start to retrace its original flight route to the recorded home point.
Flight Recorder: Flight data is automatically recorded to the internal storage of the aerial drone. This includes flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters. You can connect the aircraft to a computer via the USB port and export this data via the DJI Assistant 2 software program for Windows and Mac.
Foldable & Portable: The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom features a foldable & portable design. The optional DJI Mavic 2 Protector Case (sold separately) provides both protection and excellent storage ability when the Mavic 2 Zoom is folded. The interior of the case is carefully-designed to fit DJI's Mavic 2 Pro aerial drone with EVA foam inserts that provide an exact fit and keep it safe from impact. Ample interior space accommodates the aircraft and remote controller, as well as three spare batteries, power adapter, car charger, battery charging hub, power cable, battery to power bank adapter, ND Filters Set, and a pair of spare propellers.
Note: Folded measurements - 3.625" (w) x 3.3125" (h) x 8.4375 (d)
Optional "Fly More Kit: The optional Mavic 2 Fly More Kit (sold separately) includes two Intelligent Flight Batteries, a Mavic 2 Car Charger, a Battery Charging Hub, a Battery to Power Bank Adapter, Low-Noise Propellers, and a Carry Bag.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
Zoom Camera: The gimbal mounted 4K camera is powered by a 1/2.3" CMOS image sensor with 12 million effective pixels and 4x lossless zoom. It also features a 2x optical zoom lens (24-48mm) with a 83° to 48° FOV (field of view), f/2.8 to f/-38 aperture, and shooting range of 0.5m to infinite. Compared to a 24mm wide angle lens, the 48mm telephoto lens compresses your perspective, enhancing the parallax effect for a classic cinematic look. You'll be able to capture dynamic perspectives, everything from wide-angle to mid-range shots for even more creative options. Now a whole new world of aerial photography is open to explore with epic, cinematic shots.
- 4x Lossless Zoom (2x Optical Zoom): When shooting Full HD video, 4x lossless zoom (including 2x optical zoom) gives you a closer view of faraway subjects, making unique scenes more accessible to capture at a distance. This option also helps you maintain a safer distance from buildings, vehicles, animals, and people.
- Hybrid Autofocus: Hybrid autofocus on the Mavic 2 Zoom combines phase and contrast detection for higher focus accuracy with an increased focus speed of up to 40% more than before. The autofocus tracking system makes subjects appear clear and sharp when zooming in and out.
3-Axis Gimbal: To provide true 4K aerial video and a smooth live feed, the Mavic 2 Zoom employs DJI's latest 3-axis gimbal technology, ensuring smooth, stable footage in just about any situation. With brushless motors on all three axes (tilt/roll/pan), the gimbal can control the camera with precision, adjusting it to eliminate shake caused by movement from the Mavic 2 Zoom drone. Two gimbal operation modes are available - Follow Mode and FPV Mode. In Follow Mode, the angle between the gimbal's orientation and aircraft's nose remains constant at all time. In FPV Mode, the gimbal synchronizes with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person perspective flying experience.
- Mechanical Range: -135° to +45° (Tilt), -100 to +100° (Pan)
- Controllable Range: -90° to +30° (Tilt), -75° to +75° (Pan)
- Max Control Speed: 120°/s
- Angular Vibration Range: +/- 0.005°
4K Video: The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom's 3-axis gimbal 4K camera can shoot smooth video up to 4K (8-bit). Video recording modes include - 4K (3840x2160 @ 24/25/30p), 2.7K (2688x1512 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60p), and FHD (1920x1080 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p). The ISO range can be set to 100-3200. Video is recorded in either MP4 or MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 or MPEG-4 AVC/H.265). Up to eight videos in H.265/HEVC codec maintain 50% more information than videos in H.264/AVC, creating high-quality videos with better-preserved details.
12MP Photos: The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom's 3-axis gimbal 4K camera will also capture 12 megapixel (4000 x 3000) still images in JPEG or DNG RAW format. The camera's shutter speed can be set to 8s to 1/8000s, while the ISO range can be set to 100-3200 (auto) or 100-12800 (manual). Still photography modes include Single Shot, Burst Shooting (3/5/7 frames), Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), Interval (2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60s), and Panoramas (Sphere/180°/Horizontal/Vertical).
- Super Resolution: The Mavic 2 Zoom also has a brand new Super Resolution feature - an asset when capturing the vivid details your landscape photography deserves. When taking a picture with a 24mm equivalent field-of-view (FOV), the camera will capture and patch nine photos with its telephoto lens, resulting in a 48-megapixel super resolution photo. Compared to ordinary panoramas, the super resolution photos retain the original look of the shooting targets with a more accurate composition.
- Enhanced HDR: The Mavic 2 also supports enhanced HDR photos, an improved technique that blends a sequence of photos for ghost-free high dynamic range, offering increased image clarity while avoiding unwanted artificial effects.
- HyperLight: Brighten up your photos with HyperLight, a low-light setting designed to enhance your images while reducing noise significantly.
- Color Modes: The Mavic 2 Zoom provides Normal and D-Cinelike color modes. D-Cinelike reserves more highlight and color information than Normal color correction mode, leaving more room for post-processing.
MicroSD Card Slot: The Mavic 2 Zoom features a microSD card slot with support for microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards with a capacity up to 128GB and speed up to UHS-1 Grade 3. All video and photos are recorded on a microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC card (not included). The Mavic 2 Zoom also feature an integrated 8GB internal memory for storing videos and photos.
Intelligent Flight Modes: With its powerful cameras and easy-to-use Intelligent Flight Modes, the Mavic 2 Zoom makes creative aerial photography more accessible to users of all levels.
- TapFly: TapFly offers three different modes - Forward, Backward, and Free. In Forward mode, the aircraft flies towards the target with the Forward Vision System sensing obstacles. In Backward mode, the aircraft flies in the opposite direction of the target with the Backward Vision System sensing obstacles. In Free mode, the aircraft flies towards the target and the remote controller can be used to maneuver the orientation of the aircraft freely (the aircraft cannot avoid obstacles in this mode).
- ActiveTrack 2.0: With improvements to both hardware and software, ActiveTrack 2.0 takes your tracking experience to a whole new level. Previously, ActiveTrack mainly relied on 2D images from the main camera to track a subject. Now with ActiveTrack2.0, the Mavic 2 Zoom maps a 3D view of the surrounding environment through the main camera and forward dual vision sensors for greater recognition and accuracy. Trajectory prediction algorithms help to maintain tracking when your subject is blocked by an obstruction temporarily. In open and unobstructed environments, the Mavic 2 Zoom can track fast moving subjects like cars and boats at speeds of up to 45mp. When tracking a target, the Mavic 2 Zoom can plan a flight path on its 3D map. It will sense, recognize, and avoid obstacles in front of and behind the aircraft - all while shooting your target without interruption. You can choose between three ActiveTrack 2.0 modes - Trace (tracks subject at a constant distance), Parallel (tracks subject as a constant angle and distance), and Spotlight (does not track subject automatically, but keeps the camera pointed in the direction of the subject).
- POI & Waypoints 2.0: Thanks to vision and GPS distance measurement technologies, flying to a center point before circling is a thing of the past. Point of Interest (POI) 2.0 increases workflow efficiency like never before, empowering you to circle and shoot subjects with ease. With Waypoint 2.0, the aircraft no longer needs to fly to an exact shooting spot to mark waypoints. By simply tapping the desired waypoints and point of interest in the DJI GO 4 app of the Smart Controller, you can plan a flight path quickly and save it for your next flight.
- QuickShots: QuickShots mode records a video according to the
select shooting mode and then automatically generate a 10-second video. The
video can then be viewed, edited, or shared to social media. QuickShots
shooting modes include Dronie, Circle, Helix, Rocket, Boomerang, Asteroid,
and Dolly Zoom.
- Dronie: flies backward and ascends with the camera locked on the subject during recording
- Circle: circles around the subject while recording
- Helix: ascends and spirals around the subject during recording
- Boomerang: flies around the subject in an oval path during recording, ascending as it flies away from it starting point and descending as it flies back
- Asteroid: flies backward and upward, takes several photos, and then flies back to the starting point
- Dolly Zoom: flies backward and upward while adjusting the zoom during flight to keep the selected subject the same while the background changes during recording
- Hyperlapse: With Hyperlapse, the aircraft shoots stable aerial
shots and processes them automatically, enabling you to create
professional-looking timelapses with a simple tap of a button, which you can
share to social media immediately. JPEG and RAW photos can be simultaneously
saved on a microSD card, leaving more room for post editing. There are four
Hyperlapse shooting modes to choose from - Free, Circle, Course Lock, and
- Free: automatically takes photos and generates a timelapse video, while you manually control its flight pattern.
- Circle: automatically takes photos while flying around the selected subject to generate a timelapse video.
- Course Lock: automatically takes photos and generates a timelapse video in a fixed orientation; you can also select a fixed object for the auto generated timelapse video.
- Waypoints: automatically takes photos on a flight path of two to five waypoints and then generates a timelapse video.
- Cinematic Mode: In Cinematic mode, the aircraft's braking distance is extended and it rotation speed is reduced. The aircraft slows down gently until is tops, keeping video footage smooth and stable even if control inputs are choppy.
Optional ND Filters Set: The optional ND Filters Set (sold separately) includes ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32 filters. ND filter reduces the amount of light coming into the sensor, giving you the freedom to create your own work by allowing more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time and sensor sensitivity settings.
- The ND4 filter allows 1/4 of incoming light through, equal to a 2-stop filter.
- The ND8 filter allows 1/8 of incoming light through, equal to a 3-stop filter.
- The ND16 filter allows 1/16 of incoming light through, equal to a 4-stop filter.
- The ND32 filter allows 1/32 of incoming light through, equal to a 5-stop filter.
Optional Gimbal Protector: This optional gimbal protector (sold separately) protects the Mavic 2 Zoom's gimbal and camera from collision, dust and water during transportation and while in flight.
5.5" HD Screen: The DJI Smart Controller has a built-in 5.5" HD (1080p) screen, providing an ultra-bright display to keep your live feed easily viewable, even in direct sunlight outdoors. At 1000 cd/m2, the display is approximately twice as bright as conventional smartphone and tablet devices. The display screen's brightness can be manually or or automatically adjusted. When in Auto mode is enabled, the DJI Smart Controller's built-in light sensor will automatically adjust the brightness level according to the surrounding environment. By enabling the SRE (Sunlight Readable Enhancement) function, the display screen will be automatically enhanced and optimized so that content is still clearly visible even under direct sunlight. The 5.5" HD (1080p) screen can be used for live-view and video playback.
OcuSync 2.0 Full-HD Video Transmission: Equipped with OcuSync 2.0 Full-HD video transmission technology, the DJI Smart Controller supports automatic switching between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz, reducing the influence of environmental interference on drone operation and image quality. This also ensures reliable long-range transmission at distances of up to 5 miles (8km). Once initially paired with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom drone, the DJI Smart Controller will automatically connect to your drone as soon as it's powered on so you can take off fast and never miss a moment of the action.
Joystick, Push-Button, & Touchscreen Controls: The DJI Smart Controller features joystick & push-button, and touchscreen controls to operate the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom drone. The joystick and push-button controls operate basic flight and camera functions, while the touchscreen gives you access to more advanced flight and camera features. Customizable buttons can quickly enable or disable frequently used functions.
- Flight Controls: Use dual 4-way joystick controllers to operate your drone's flight pattern; including Orientation (Yaw) Up/Down (Throttle), Forward/Backward (Pitch), and Left/Right (Roll). You can also use the Flight Mode switch to select P-mode (Positioning), S-mode (Sport), A-mode (Attitude), or T-Mode (Tripod). In addition, you can press and hold the "RTH" button to start the Return-to-Home procedure. The touchscreen gives you access to Intelligent Flight Modes and Flight Settings.
- Camera Controls: Use the controller's Shutter button to shoot still photos and the Record button to capture videos. A multi-function dial lets you adjust a variety of camera settings such as ISO, shutter seed, exposure, focus, and aperture. The touchscreen gives you access to Intelligent Camera Modes and Camera Settings.
Embedded DJI Go 4 App: The DJI Smart Controller is equipped with a customized Android operating system, as well as embedded DJI Go 4 application software, allowing complete control of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom drone without the need for a smart mobile device.
- Flight Controls: Control the flight pattern of your Mavic 2 Zoom drone, while viewing a live video feed (up to 1080p) and flight telemetry data directly from the touchscreen of the DJI Smart Controller. A brand new Flight Record feature automatically synchronizes flight data, keeping it readily accessible for you to review at any time.
- Camera Functions: The embedded DJI Go 4 app gives you complete control of your camera and a live HD video feed right from the DJI Smart Controller's touchscreen. You'll be able to adjust camera settings and use this real-time view to line up the perfect shot. You can snap photos and record vides with just a tap of the controller's touchscreen.
- Intelligent Flight Modes: Create professional aerial videos and photos effortlessly with advanced Intelligent Flight Modes that can be accessed through the embedded DJI Go 4 app on the DJI Smart Controller. Capture shots that would once have required practice and training with just a few taps of your finger.
- Edit & Share: Use music and video templates to create productions ready for sharing in minutes, then share them with a tap on the embedded DJI Go 4 t app and the controller's touchscreen. For even more customization, import your own music and clips, add filters, and tweak your sound mix. How your videos look is up to your imagination.
- SkyTalk: The new SkyTalk feature is an amazing way to let others enjoy your aerial experience. Use it to live-stream your drone's camera view directly to social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. It also allows you to create and share short videos instantly. Live-Stream requires a WiFi connection with Internet access.
- DJI Academy & SkyPixel: Use DJI Academy to be a better pilot with a built-in flight simulator, video tutorials, tutorials and user manuals, giving you all the knowledge you need to fly. You can also take part in the world's largest aerial imaging community at SkyPixel. Learn tips and tricks from power users, find people to fly with and give your productions a global audience.
Dual Remote Controller Mode: The DJI Smart Controller supports Dual Remote Controller Mode, which allows two remote cotnrollers to connect the same DJI Mavic 2 Zoom aerial drone.
Audio/Video Playback: Your DJI Smart Controller's recorded audio/video and be played back on its 5.5" HD screen and built-in speaker. It's also equipped with an HDMI output that lets you playback your recorded audio/video files on an external display monitor or TV.
Built-In Microphone & Speaker: The DJI Smart Controller features a built-in microphone for recording audio and built-in speaker for playback.
16GB Memory + microSD Card Slot: The DJI Smart Controller features a built-in 16GB memory for recording video and photos from the Mavic 2 Zoom drone, as well as audio from the DJI Smart Controller's built-in microphone. The DJI Smart Controller is also equipped with a microSD card slot, so you can expand its built-in memory. The DJI Smart Controller can record up to 4K video (H.264 or H.265 formats). It supports microSD cards with a capacity of up to 128 GB and R/W speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3.
Transferring Files: You can easily transfer your aerial photos and videos from the DJI Smart Controller to your Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 5.0+ device using the DJI GO 4 app's new Go Share function. You can also insert the DJI Smart Controller's microSD card directly into a computer or use a card-reader to transfer files to a computer. In addition, you can transfer files by connecting the DJI Smart Controller via USB to any computer that uses Microsoft Windows and selecting "Transfer Files" from the Smart Controller menu.
Optional DJI Goggles: The optional DJI Goggles Racing Edition (sold separately) is equipped with high-performance displays and an ultra-low latency video downlink a real-time First Person View (FPV) aerial experience. Using DJI's OcuSync wireless transmission system, DJI Goggles RE wirelessly link with DJI's Mavic 2 Zoom aerial drone for a wireless transmission range of up to 4.3miles/7km with latency as low as 50ms. Four antennas built into the Goggles RE provide signal detection in all directions, staying connected to the drone even when it's behind you. The DJ Goggles RE support head tracking, allowing both aircraft and gimbal to be controlled with head movements for a hole new flying experience.
Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer Batteries: The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is powered by a high-density, rechargeable lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery that has a capacity of 3850mAh and voltage of 15.4V. This battery can provide a flight time of up to 31 minutes (at a constant speed in conditions with no wind) and a hover time of 29 minutes (with no wind). The DJI Smart Controller's rechargeable lithium-ionbattery (5000mAh) can work continuously for up to 2.5 hours. The batteries must be fully charged before using them for the first time.
Intelligent Flight Battery: The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery in the Mavic 2 Zoom adopts the latest technologies to ensure that the flight control system is able to obtain accurate battery level. This allows it to calculate remaining flight times more accurately. It also gives pilots a full understanding of the overall battery status, including real-time battery cell status, circle number, temperature and more, and all in the DJI GO 4 app of the Smart Controller. The aerial drone will automatically return to home if the battery signal is getting too low. The drone may land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough to descend from its current altitude.
BMS (Battery Management System): As well as monitoring the battery status during flight, the BMS (Battery Management System) also has overcharge and over discharge protection, reducing the likelihood of battery damage. When not in use for extended periods of time, DJI Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to 50% charge, keeping it at an optimum charge level for extended battery life. When flying in cold temperatures, the BMS will activate low-temperature protection and will control power output according to the temperature. This ensures the battery can provide adequate propulsion without damage from the cold.
AC Power Adapter: An AC power adapter is included to charge the Mavic 2 Zoom's lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery. The AC power adapter is also outfitted with a USB (type-A) port to charge the included Smart Controller. Charging times is approximately 1.5 hours for the Mavic 2 Zoom's Intelligent Flight Battery and 2 hours for the Smart Controller's battery.