About the DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo
Stunning aerial photography
The DJI Mavic 3 delivers rich color and detail with its 5.1K Hasselblad camera.
Stunning aerial photography
The Mavic 3 quadcopter is an evolutionary step forward for DJI's most popular series of drones. Like its predecessors, the Mavic 3 offers smooth, fast flight with a variety of intelligent flight modes. But it also comes with a sophisticated 5.1K camera custom-built for the drone by Hasselblad, world-famous makers of cameras and lenses.
This compact, professional-grade camera has a powerful 4/3" sensor, which helps it achieve 12.8-stop dynamic range for enhanced highlight and shadow detail. And that larger sensor gives you greater resolution and clarity, reducing noise for excellent low-light performance. A wide field of view lets you capture more in every frame, and VDAF (Vision Detection Auto Focus) technology works with the drone's vision sensors to quickly focus on your subject.
Colors that are true to life
The Mavic 3 can capture up to one billion shades of color with its 10-bit D-Log color profile. It also uses Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS), a rigorous system that calibrates sensor data at the pixel level with a unique image processing algorithm. HNCS accurately reproduces rich, natural colors that pop without presets of any kind.
The Mavic 3 has a secondary telephoto camera built-in. This camera has a 12-megapixel 1/2" CMOS sensor and supports up to 28X hybrid zoom. It can be activated at any time with Explorer mode, helping you scout out the terrain and plan your next shot. You can record with this scouting camera too, letting you zoom in and capture detailed footage from a comfortable distance.
Keep it airborne
The Fly More Combo includes several accessories to help your drone stay in the air longer. The package comes with three intelligent flight batteries, each with a flight time of 46 minutes, and a charging hub that lets you make sure you've got your backups ready to go. There are also some spare propellers, just in case, a set of neutral density filters for the camera lens, and a nifty shoulder bag to make traveling with the drone easier.
Strong transmission, stable controls
Getting a fuzzy feed or losing the video connection entirely mid-flight is lame and potentially disastrous at high speeds. Luckily, the Mavic 3 uses OcuSync 3.0+, an upgraded version of DJI's already impressive transmission system. This wireless technology automatically switches between two different bands (2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz) to resist pesky interference and provide reliable high-definition video transmission.
OcuSync's low-latency transmission gives you high-definition video feeds at a smooth 60 frames per second, and it keeps your control of the drone sharp and responsive. With a range up to 9.3 miles, you also have some serious flexibility. You can catch a shot panning over a mountainside or along a ravine while you're planted safely on terra firma.
An upcoming firmware update will let you capture the action on the move with intelligent flight modes like ActiveTrack 5.0.
A wide range of upcoming shooting modes
The Mavic 3 has an upcoming firmware update planned for January 2022. This update will add several shooting mode options to help you get creative. You'll be able to produce time-lapse videos, keep moving objects in focus with several FocusTrack modes like ActiveTrack 5.0, or use SmartPhoto processing to optimize your image quality in a variety of shooting conditions. There should be something for everyone.
MasterShots is the upcoming mode I'm most excited about. It will let you pick a subject and the drone will automatically keep it center-frame while performing a sequence of 10 different aerial maneuvers. It will be an easy way to create a short, cool-looking cinematic video that's perfect for social media.
Making it simple to fly and share
DJI makes it easy to start learning how to fly. The DJI Fly app has comprehensive tutorials, helping you get prepped for your first real flight. Before you know it, you'll be zipping the drone overhead with confidence. Omnidirectional vision sensors and a downward infrared sensor also help you navigate and avoid potential obstacles. The drone's Advanced RTH (Return to Home) feature can even automatically plot a safe course back to you at the press of a button or if the signal is lost.
You can edit your footage directly within the Fly app too. Built-in filters, background music, and professionally designed video templates help you splice together cool content in minutes. Connect to SkyPixel, DJI's social media platform, to share your creations with other hobbyists in the community.
- quadcopter with 5.1K Hasselblad camera, controller, three flight batteries, charging hub, and carrying bag
- foldable, lightweight design makes it easy to carry to your launch destination
- 3-axis motorized gimbal
- dock your smartphone with the included controller
- low-noise flight technology for a quieter flight
- GPS/Galileo/BeiDou positioning allows super-accurate navigation
- APAS 5.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistant Systems) help the drone safely navigate complex environments and high speeds
- omnidirectional obstacle sensing helps you fly safely
- Advanced RTH (Return to Home) can be activated by the user or automatically during signal loss
- automatically avoids obstacles when plotting a return route
- records to optional microSD memory card (2TB max., Speed Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required)
- 8 GB internal storage
- flies up to 42.5 mph (Sport Mode)
- resists winds up to 26.8 mph
- flight time: up to 46 minutes
Hasselblad L2D-20c camera:
- 20-megapixel 4/3" CMOS sensor
- captures 5.1K video @ 50 fps and 4K @ 120 fps
- 24mm equivalent focal length
- adjustable aperture: f/2.8-f/11
- wide 84° FOV (field of view)
- Vision Detection Auto Focus (VDAF) works with vision sensors to determine distance and optimize focusing speed
- intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology delivers improved highlight and shadow detail
- Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS) technology provides stunning color detail
- Hasselblad's image processing algorithm converts sensor data at the pixel level for precise, natural color reproduction
- 10-bit D-Log color profile delivers a billion shades of color
- shoot in RAW format with a dynamic range up to 12.8 stops
- Explorer Mode activates a secondary telephoto camera for scouting and planning
- 12-megapixel 1/2" CMOS sensor
- 162mm equivalent focal length
- up to 28X hybrid zoom
- 15° FOV (field of view)
- aperture: f/4.4
Special features (via upcoming firmware update):
- SmartPhoto combines scene recognition, HyperLight, and HDR for optimal results
- MasterShots helps you quickly create a short cinematic video focused on a single subject
- tap to initiate automated Portrait, Proximity, and Landscape sequences
- Hyperlapse mode creates time-lapse videos and processes them automatically
- FocusTrack intelligent tracking modes include Active Track 5.0, Spotlight 2.0, and Point of Interest 3.0
- firmware update planned for January 2022
- securely mounts a compatible smartphone
- ergonomic design stays comfortable during long flights
- OcuSync 3.0+ (O3+) digital video transmission system:
- sends 1080p live video @ 60 fps to the controller from up to 9.3 miles away
- supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands with automatic switching to reduce interference
- edit and share footage directly from the controller using free, pre-installed apps
- DJI Go 4 lets you transfer photos and video to a mobile device
- DJI Fly lets you shoot, edit, and share footage with built-in templates, filters, and music
- SkyTalk lets you livestream your aerial adventures on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram
- DJI Academy has extensive flight tutorials help get new users safely in the air faster
- download third party software for even more options to edit and share your footage
- battery life: 6 hours
- three intelligent flight batteries
- two pairs of spare low-noise propellers
- one pair of spare control sticks
- storage cover
- USB-C cable
- three RC (remote control) cables with micro USB, USB-C, or Lightning® connectors
- portable charger
- charging hub
- neutral density filters kit
- shoulder bag carrying case
- 3-13/16"W x 3-9/16"H x 8-3/4"D (folded, without propellers)
- 11-3/16"W x 4-1/4"H x 13-11/16"D (unfolded, without propellers)
- weight: 31.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year (6 months batteries)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA offers the most up-to-date information on safety tips, rules, and regulations for responsible drone use. Many drones need to be registered, and state and/or local laws may restrict their use in some areas.
- MFR # CP.MA.00000440.01
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo