About the DJI Mini 2
Fly with 4K
Fly with 4K
The original Mavic Mini was one of our top sellers because it punched well over its weight class. Compact and convenient, it was a great introduction for newcomers to the hobby. Now DJI is “back with a brand new invention” and it might just be grabbing us tightly. The Mini 2 keeps everything our customers loved about the original and adds some key upgrades.
The camera still has a three-axis gimbal to keep it steady, but now it rocks 4K video with 4X digital zoom. At the same time, the drone's motors have been upgraded to resist winds up to 24 miles per hour. That means it's easier than ever to get smooth airborne video with crisp details and vibrant colors.
Getting a fuzzy feed or losing the video connection entirely mid-flight is less than ideal. The Mini 2 uses OcuSync 2.0, an improved wireless connection that can automatically switch between two different bands (2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz), to resist pesky interference. This way you can relax a little and focus on getting sweet aerial footage.
With video transmission range up to 6.2 miles and a maximum altitude of 2.4 miles, you can fly this drone farther and higher than you might expect. You can catch a shot panning over a mountainside or along a ravine while you're planted safely on terra firma.
Making it easy
The included remote controller acts as a dock for your smartphone, which becomes your display when you use the DJI Fly app. The app does way more than just control the drone though. With comprehensive tutorials, a wide selection of video modes, and intelligent flight features, the user experience is robust and beginner-friendly. It's easy to start learning to fly. Before you know it, you'll be zipping the drone overhead with confidence.
You can also edit your footage directly within the Fly app. Built-in filters, background music, and professionally designed video templates help you splice together cool content in minutes. Connect to SkyPixel, DJI's social media platform, to share your creations with other hobbyists in the community.
- compact remote-controlled flying drone
- ultralight and foldable for easy transportation
- built-in 12-megapixel camera with 4K video @ 30 fps and 4X digital zoom
- 3-axis motorized gimbal helps ensure a smooth, steady image
- OcuSync 2.0 transmits clear video up to 6.2 miles
- supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands with automatic switching to reduce interference
- resists winds up to 24 mph
- intelligent features like Smart Return to Home, precision hovering, and automatic takeoff help make flying easy
- records to a microSD memory card (not included)
- maximum flight time: 31 minutes
- use the DJI Fly app to shoot, edit, and share photos and video
- extensive flight tutorials help get new users safely in the air faster
- photos are optimized automatically after downloading, enhancing color and detail
- built-in templates, filters, and music make it easy to get creative
- trim segments out of your footage prior to downloading them to bypass storage concerns
- QuickTransfer allows you to access and download the drone's photo album without connecting to the remote controller
- QuickShot modes: Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Boomerang
- panorama modes: Wide-angle, 180°, Sphere
- remote controller (live view on connected smartphone display: 720p @ 30 fps)
- USB-C cable
- three RC (remote control) cables with micro USB, USB-C, or Lightning® connectors
- spare pair of propellers
- spare pair of remote control sticks
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-3/8"W x 9-5/8"H x 2-3/16"D (unfolded with propellers)
- weight: 8.5 oz. (with battery, propellers, and optional microSD card)
- warranty: 1 year (6 months battery)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.MA.00000312.01
What's in the box:
- Mini aerial drone w/ gimbal camera
- Gimbal protector
- Remote controller
- 4 Joysticks (2 stored on controlled)
- Intelligent Flight Battery (pre-installed)
- USB/AC power adapter
- 19" USB-C to USB-A cable
- 12 Propellers (8 pre-installed)
- 6" USB-C to USB-C cable
- 6" microUSB to USB-C cable
- 6" Lightning to USB-C cable (pre-installed in controller)
- 6 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines
- "We Are Here For You" card
DJI Mini 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Mini 2
Improved Propulsion System: The DJI Mini 2 features an improved propulsion system with a significant increase in max flight speed and wind resistance (when compared to the previous DJI Mini 2), allowing for a more flexible range of shooting locations and conditions.
- The DJI Mini 2 can fly up to 35 mph with a level 5 wind resistance (18-23.6kph) winds that allows the mini aerial drone to withstand a variety of shooting conditions.
- DJI Mini 2 can hover stably in wind speeds of up to 19 to 22.4 mph with a hover accuracy range of +/- 0.33' to +/- 1.64' (vertical) and +/- 0.98' to +/- 4.9' (horizontally).
- The maximum flight altitude is 1640 feet for safety reasons. The maximum altitude may vary in different countries and regions due to local laws. Before flying, please always follow local laws and regulations.
- Maximum flight time of up to 31 minutes at 10.5 mph with 0 wind.
Note: The DJI Mini 2 is not waterproof and should not be flown in the rain, snow, or other precipitation.
Flight Safety: Featuring a Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System, the DJI Mini 2 provides a safe flight experience. The Downward Visions System consists of one camera, while the Infrared Sensing System consists of two 3D infrared modules. Both systems help the aircraft maintain its current position, hover in place more precisely, and to fly indoors without GPS. Other unique safety features include Automatic Takeoff, Precision Hover, and Return To Home (RTH).
- Automatic Takeoff/Landing: The DJI Mini 2 will automatically take off and hover at approximately 3.9' above the ground. The aircraft will also automatically land on its own using its Downward Vision System.
- Precision Hover: Thanks to advanced sensors, the DJI Mini 2 can also hover precisely at winds speeds up to 17. 9 mph (8 m/s).
- Return To Home (RTH): The Mini 2 is able to automatically return to its home point when the remote controller signal is lost or the battery level is low. Always be sure to observe the surrounding environment carefully and set a proper altitude to avoid obstacles when using the Return to Home function.
- The DJI Mini 2 does not offer support for intelligent obstacle avoidance.
- DJI recommends using the Mini 2 with the 360° Propeller Guard (sold separately) to protect the propellers and fly safely.
Flight Modes: The DJI Mini has 4 flight modes that can selected from the DJI Fly app on compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device.
- Normal: In Normal mode, the Mini 2 utilizes GPS and the Vision System to locate itself and stabilize. Position mode works best when the GPS signal is strong. The maximum flight speed is 22.3 mph in Normal mode.
- Attitude: The Mini 2 automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision System is unavailable or disabled, and when the GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. In this mode, the aircraft cannot position itself or brake automatically. In ATTI mode, the Mini 2 may be more easily affected by its surroundings.
- Sport: In Sport mode, the Mini 2 uses GPS and its Vision System for positioning. The Mini 2's aircraft responses are optimized for agility and speed making it more responsive to control stick movement from the remote controller. The maximum flight speed is 35 mph.
- Cine: Slow down the Mini 2's flight speed and movements for an added layer of precision and stability. This mode is especially useful when flying in narrow or complex spaces. The maximum flight speed is 13.4 mph.
OcuSync 2.0 Technology: Built into the Mini 2 and included remote controller is DJI's long-range transmission technology OcuSync 2.0 with dual-band auto switching for maximum wireless transmission of flight control and live video. OcuSync 2.0 has a wireless transmission distance of up to 6.2 miles (10 km)
- 720p Video: OcuSync 2.0 has a video transmission distance of up to 6.2 miles (10 km) and can deliver a 720p resolution livest-ream directly from the drone's camera to your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone through the DJI Fly App. Now, you can enjoy more freedom for exploring and more clarity for that perfect shot.
- Dual Band: OcuSync 2.0 utilizes 2.4/5.8GHz dual-frequency communication and automatically switches to the best channel with the lowest interference in real time and low latency (200 ms). This significantly improves the aircraft's anti-interference ability in challenging environments, increasing flight safety.
Flight Recorder: Flight data including flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters are automatically saved to the internal data recorder of the DJI Mini 2. The data can be accessed using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software program - compatible with Windows PC and Mac.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
4K Camera: The DJI Mini 2 is equipped with a 1/2.3" CMOS image sensor with up to 12 million effective pixels, allowing it to record up to 4K/30fps video and capture up to 4000 x 3000 (4:3) or 4000 x 2250 (16:9) still images. Its 24mm lens with a f/2.8 aperture provides 83 degrees FOV (field of view). The camera also features up to 4x digital zoom for video recording (4K = 2x, 2.7K = 3x, 1080p = 4x).
- Video Resolutions: Video is recorded in MP4 (H.26/MPEG-4 AVC). Select between 4K (3840 x 2160 @ 24/25/30fps), 2.7K (2720 x 1530 @ 24/25/30fps), or FHD (1920 x 1080 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60fps). Max video bitrate is 100 Mbps.
- Photo Resolutions: Photos are recorded in JPEG or DNG/RAW. Select between 4000 x 3000 (4:3) or 4000 x 2250 (16:9). DNG/RAW provides more flexibility for post processing.
3-Axis Gimbal: A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, ultra-smooth footage. The 3-axis gimbal provides tilt, roll, and pan mechanical stabilization. Tilt range is -100 to +35 degrees, Roll range is -35 to +35 degrees and Pan range is -20 to +20 degrees. Two gimbal operation modes are available.
- Follow Mode: In this mode, the angle between the gimbal's orientation and the Mini 2's front remains constant at all times.
- FPV Mode: In this mode, the gimbal synchronizes with the movement of the Mini 2 to provide a first-person flying experience.
Photo Modes: You can choose between several Photo modes (Single, Interval, AEB, and Panorama) in the DJI Fly app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device.
- Single Shot: In Single Shot mode, the Mini 2 captures one image at a time when the shutter button is pressed within the DJI Fly app on the touchscreen of your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
- Interval: The Interval shooting mode can be set to 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, or 60 shots per press of the DJI Fly app's shutter button on your compatible mobile device.
- AEB: Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) can be set to 3 frames in 2/3 EV steps.
- Panorama: Choose from 180 degree, Wide Angle, Vertical and Sphere panoramas; the aircraft will automatically takes several photos according to the selected type of Pano and generates a panoramic shot.
QuickShots: QuickShot modes are available through the DJI Fly App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device. DJI Flay app QuickShot modes include Boomerang, Dronie, Circle, Helix, and Rocket. Just select a QuickShot mode from the app on your compatible smartphone and the Mini 2 will execute an elaborate preset motion while recording. You can then take the automatically generated short video and share it instantly with friends on social media.
- Boomerang: The aircraft flies around the subject in a oval path, ascending as it flies away from its starting point and descending as it flies back.
- Dronie: In this mode, the Mini 2 flies backward and ascends with the camera locked on the subject.
- Rocket: In Rocket mode, the Mini 2 ascends with the camera pointing downward.
- Circle: In Circle mode, the Mini 2 circles around the subject.
- Helix: In this mode, the Mini 2 ascends and spirals around the subject.
Note: In the process of locking onto a subject during QuickShots, an algorithm must run on the app, which takes up a lot of memory on your mobile device. Therefore, app performance may be affected by mobile device type. It is also recommended to close any idle background apps or programs running on your mobile device before attempting to use QuickShots.
QuickTransfer: QuickTransfer allows you to quickly transfer photos and videos in the DJI Fly app to your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device. QuickTransfer can download content from the Mini 2 at a speed of 20 MB/s when the Mini 2 is close to your compatible mobile device running the DJI Fly app. Now, you can quickly download your clips for instant sharing on social media.
- Trimmed Download: By using Trimmed Download, users can easily cut out a segment of a long video to edit and download.
- Enhanced Photo: Enhanced Photo allows you to download automatically enhanced photos directly in the DJI Fly app, which can be shared to social media almost instantly.
Editing Features: The intuitive editor of the DJI Fly app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) includes a diverse set of creative templates. Multiple templates, music options, special effects, and more are available for quick and convenient editing through the DJI Fly App.
- Templates: Apply a professionally-designed template to your footage to make it instantly amazing and ready to share.
- Timelines: Edit your footage with more flexibility thanks to intuitive and easy-to-use timelines. With intuitive timelines, you can edit footage flexibly and precisely.
- Orientation: This new editor also supports switching between portrait and landscape orientation, allowing you to shoot and edit the way you prefer. Transition conveniently between portrait and landscape orientation while editing.
MicroSD Card Slot: The Mini 2 is outfitted with a microSD card slot for storing captured video and photo images. MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4/AVC) videos and JPEG/RAW photos are recorded onto a microSD card formated in FAT32 (<32GB) or exFAT (>32GB). Use only a UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above microSD card only.
- Without a microSD card inserted, you can still capture single photos or record 720p normal videos. The file will be directly stored on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device running the DJI Fly app.
- The DJI Mini 2 does not feature internal memory for storing videos and photos.
OcuSync 2.0 Remote Controller: The DJI Mini 2 comes with a dedicated wireless remote controller that works in tandem with the DJI Fly App and your compatible smartphone device to control flight pattern and capture aerial images. The dedicated remote controller utilizes DJI's OcuSync 2.0 wireless transmission system to maintain a 2.4/5.8GHz wireless 720p video feed at a distance of up to 6.2 miles (10 km) with the DJI Fly app and your compatible Apple OS or Android smartphone device. The newly designed remote controller features an ergonomic design for a more comfortable grip and boasts an impressively long battery life of 240 minutes. The new clamp makes attaching smartphones fast and easy, while integrated antennas significantly improve user experience.
- Low Interference (open landscape abundant line of sight, few competing signals) allows for up to a 6.2 mile range.
- Medium Interference (suburban landscape, open line of sight, some competing signals) allows for up to 3.7 mile range.
- Strong Interference (urban landscape, limited line of sight, many competing signals) allows for up to a 1.8 mile range.
Note: The remote controller from the previous DJI Mavic Mini and remote controller from the DJI Mini 2 are not interchangeable. However, the remote controllers from the DJI Mini 2 and Mini 2 are interchangeable.
DJI Fly App: The DJI Mini 2 requires the DJI Fly app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), which has been designed to provide you with intuitive controls that make flight easier than ever. The DJI Fly app offers a simple and intuitive user experience, enabling you to create cinematic shots that you can share. It even has Flight Tutorial, a feature to help you get started with the Mini 2 quickly and safely.
- Live Video Feed: The DJI Fly app provides a live 720p video feed (up to 2.49 miles) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device.
- Flight Status: Parameters like signal strength, flying mode, altitude, distance, and battery level are easily visible during flight so you always have access to the latest information.
- Camera Settings: With a sleek and efficient interface, DJI Fly provides an expanded view for composition and shooting. You can easily adjust camera parameters, quickly switch between shooting modes, and adjust the gimbal angle on the screen
- Editing Suite: Shooting, editing, and sharing can all be done the the DJI Fly app. You can also easily manage storage with the ability to export or delete footage directly in the app.
- The DJI Fly App is not compatible with all Apple iOS and Android devices; click here for a compatibility list.
- The DJI Mini 2 is not compatible with previous and other DJI apps. Only use the DJI Fly app.
Smartphone Cradle: The included remote controller's integrated smartphone cradle will hold Apple iOS and Android OS smartphone devices that are up to 3.625" wide. Devices beyond this measurement range are not supported. Make sure to remove the protective case or cover from your smartphone device before attaching it to the remote controller.
- Smartphone Connection: The remote controller features a USB-C port for a wired connection of your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device. A Lightning, USB-C, and microUSB adapter cables are provided to make the connection between your compatible smartphone device and the remote controller's USB-C port.
- Smartphone Charging: The remote controller's USB-C port will also charge your Apple iOS or Android device with a charging ability of 5V/500mA. The remote controller will automatically charge Android devices. For iOS devices, first make sure the charging feature is enabled in the DJI Fly app (charging for iOS devices is disabled by default and needs to be enabled each time the remote controller is powered on).
DJI Academy: The DJI Fly app includes access to the DJI Academy where you can find easy-to-follow flight tutorials and instructional videos to help you get started.
SkyPixel: Take part in the world's largest aerial imaging community at SkyPixel. Learn tips and tricks from power users, find people to fly with and give your productions a global audience. SkyPixel can be accessed through the DJI Fly app.
Rechargeable Batteries: The DJI Mini 2 is powered by a high-density, rechargeable lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery that has a capacity of 2250mAh and voltage of 7.7V. This battery can provide a maximum flight time of up to 31 minutes (at 10.5 mph with 0 wind). The included remote controller features a built-in, rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 5200mAH and can last up to 4 hours. The operating temperature for both batteries is 41°F to 104°F. The batteries must be fully charged before using it for the first time.
- Intelligent Flight Battery: The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery adopts the latest technologies to ensure that the flight control system is able to obtain accurate battery level. This allows it to calculate remaining flight times more accurately. It also gives pilots a full understanding of the overall battery status, including real-time battery cell status, circle number, temperature and more - and all in the DJI Fly app on your smartphone.
- BMS (Battery Management System): As well as monitoring the battery status during flight, the BMS (Battery Management System) also has overcharge and over discharge protection, reducing the likelihood of battery damage. When not in use for extended periods of time, DJI Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to 50% charge, keeping it at an optimum charge level for extended battery life. When flying in cold temperatures, the BMS will activate low-temperature protection and will control power output according to the temperature. This ensures the battery can provide adequate propulsion without damage from the cold.
- The aerial drone will automatically return to home if the battery signal is getting too low. The drone may land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough to descend from its current altitude.
- The Intelligent Flight Battery of the previous DJI Mavic Mini and Intelligent Flight Battery of the DJI Mini 2 are not interchangeable.
Battery Charger: A USB/AC power adapter is included to charge the Mini 2's Intelligent Flight Battery. The optional Charging Hub and powerbank adapter (sold separately) lets you charge up to three Intelligent Flight Batteries and the battery of the remote controller at once. The Intelligent Flight Batteries will be charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low.
Note: The Intelligent Flight Battery must be removed from the aircraft for charging using the USB/AC power adapter or Charging Hub.
The DJI Mini 2 replaces these items
- compact remote-controlled flying drone with remote control
- built-in camera takes 12-megapixel stills and shoots 2.7K video
- maximum flight time: 30 minutes
1 question already asked