DJI N3 Flight Controller
Flight control and monitoring upgrade kit for your DJI drone
Our take on the DJI N3 Flight Controller by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Superior flight control and monitoring
If you're using your DJI drone for a demanding commercial application, and you're willing to do a little modification, you'll love the N3 Flight Controller. The upgrade kit includes twi inertial measurement units (IMUs) and a "black box" flight recorder that provide the fine-tuned data monitoring and control you need.
The module's effectiveness can be expanded further with the addition of a DJI A3 Pro Flight Controller kit (not included).
- upgrade kit improves flight control and telemetry monitoring of your DJI drone
- two inertial measurement unit (IMU) modules report precise speed, angle, acceleration, and more
- built-in 8GB "black box" automatically records every detail of the aircraft's flight
- dual redundancy keeps you flying right if one module fails
- vibration dampening system improves in-flight performance and reliability
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Flight controller
- GNSS-compass module
- PMU module
- LED module
- User Manual
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
N3 Flight Controller: DJI's latest generation of the NAZA series, the N3 flight controller, is tailor-made for a multitude of hobbyist and industrial applications. Its robust flight control algorithm is ideal for controlling a broad range of industrial and DIY multirotor aircraft, providing professional stability
Compatibility: The N3 flight controller is compatible with professional remote controllers and receivers, DJI's Intelligent ESC, DJI GO, Lightbridge 2, iOSD. It also integrates seamlessly with DJI's Zenmuse series of gimbals and cameras, providing instant access to a whole host of flight applications. Compatibility with DJI Assistant 2 provides more possibilities for a multitude of industrial applications. With DJI's Onboard and Mobile SDK, the N3 is ideal for hobbyists and professionals looking to create custom software solutions quickly and easily.
- Supported Multi-Rotor: Quadcopter (I4/X4), Hexacopter (I6/X6/Y6/IY6), Ocotocopter (X8/I8/V8)
- Supported ESC: 400Hz frequency, DJI Intelligent ESC with feedback
- Recommended Batteries: 3S to 12S LiPo
- Recommended Radios: Lightbridge 2, S-BUS or D-BUS
- Other DJI Supported Products: DJI GO, iOSD, Zenmuse Z15-A7, 5D III, GH4, BMPCC, Ronin-MX, X3, X5, X5R, Z15, DJI propulsion systems, S900, S1000, or S1000+.
8GB Black Box: A built-in 8GB Industry Black Box automatically records every detail of the aircraft's flight, enabling you to monitor flight data and fine-tune the aircraft in real-time. With DJI's Assistant 2 data viewer, troubleshooting and flight performance analysis have never been easier.
Dual IMU Redundancy: Dual IMU redundancy means that the N3's robust flight control algorithm detects IMU failure during flight, automatically switching over to a backup unit while maintaining flight control and safety at all times. The N3's outstanding vibration dampening system supports a wide range of flying platforms, from lightweight consumer drones made for racing to heavier industrial drones such as the S1000+, providing better flight performance and better reliability.
- Hovering Accuracy: ±0.5m (vertical), ±1.5m (horizontal)
- Maximum Wind Resistance: <10m/s
- Max Yaw Angular Velocity: 150 deg/s
- Max Pitch Angle: 45°
- Max Velocity: 5m/s (ascending), 4m/s (descending)
Note: The dual IMU redundancy system is upgradeable via the A3 Upgrade Kit (964A3PRO; sold separately), creating an IMU and GNSS redundant frame, boosting overall stability and reliability. It detects external GNSS or IMU unit failure, switching to internal units seamlessly to ensure consistently high-performance and safety.
Fault-Tolerant Control: The DJI N3 flight controller offers fault-tolerant control.
- Precision Fault-Tolerant Controls: The N3's robust control algorithm enables it to adapt to a wide range of aircraft without the need for manual adjustment. With a fault-tolerant control system, a hexacopter or octocopter can stabilize its attitude and land safely, even in the event of propulsion system failure.
- Propulsion Protection: Propulsion levels are monitored in real-time so that flight conditions such as, hovering, max altitude and max yaw angular rate are adjusted accordingly, conserving propulsion and power.
- Installation Inspection: Additionally, the N3 will automatically inspect and assess whether motors and other physical attributes have been attached to the aircraft correctly.
Maneuverability: The N3 flight controller provides enhanced maneuverability.
- Sport Mode: When in Sport Mode, the N3 can fly aircraft at a maximum attitude angle of up to 45°, displaying flexible control for the ultimate thrill of flying at speed.
- Adjustable Mobility: Aircraft maneuverability is maximized in Sport Mode and can be adjusted manually in GPS and Attitude mode. Parameters such as maximum attitude angle, ascending or descending speed, angular velocity and so on, can be easily adjusted via DJI's Assistant 2.
- EXP Curve: Remote controller stick sensitivity can be adjusted easily using the EXP Curve.
Upgraded Altitude Stabilization Algorithm: The N3 features an upgraded altitude stabilization algorithm.
- Optimized Altitude Stabilization: The IMU Fusion Algorithm enhances aerial performance further with better height control. When braking fast or encountering a sudden wind change, the IMU Fusion Algorithm reduces the airflow effect, reducing height drop.
- Reduced Magnetic Interference: The N3's IMU Fusion Algorithm is now better equipped to deal with magnetic interference, reducing magnetic drift.
Software Support: Compatibility with DJI GO and DJI Assistant 2 (Windows & Mac compatible) allows live viewing of the video feed, battery status, redundancy status, signal strength and more. Shutter speed, ISO, aperture, and focus can be controlled when using DJI's Zenmuse X5 and X5R cameras.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.