About the DJI Osmo Action Camera
Capture your escapades in ridiculous quality
Capture your escapades in ridiculous quality
The DJI Osmo Action shoots beautiful 4K Ultra HD video at up to 60 frames per second (fps), so you can relive your white-knuckled ski runs, bike jumps and other adventures again and again. You can even add HDR (High Dynamic Range) to your videos at 30 fps, for better detail in the light and dark areas of the picture.
It's also capable of shooting in-camera 8X slow motion (1080p HD @ 240 fps) for those stunning "B-roll" shots.
All of your shots are easily trackable with dual screens, one on the front of the camera and one on the back. The front screen is larger than on most action cams — perfect for framing selfies.
RockSteady image stabilization keeps photos sharp and video jitter-free (optional mount sold separately).
Image stabilization that's steady as a rock
What's an action camera without image stabilization? As a pioneer of flying drones, DJI has plenty of experience developing image stabilization. Now they bring that expertise to the action camera world with RockSteady®. It combines electronic image stabilization with complex algorithms that let you shoot all the snowboarding, mountain biking, and surfing footage you crave, without the shake.
Switch easily between custom shooting modes
One of my favorite features of the DJI Osmo Action cam is that you can save custom shooting modes. Adjust exposure, speed, and other settings to create custom configurations — the camera lets you store up to five for easy recall.
On the side is a convenient Quick Switch button. If you have gloves on for snowboarding or dirt biking, it's not always easy to use a touchscreen. The Quick Switch button lets you switch between custom shooting modes and flip the front and back screen without missing a beat.
- 12-megapixel action camera shoots 4K Ultra HD video @ 60 fps
- 1080p HD video @ 240 fps
- 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) video @ 30 fps
- 1/2.3" CMOS sensor
- remotely control the camera with simple voice commands
- waterproof to 36 feet without external housing
- 2.25-inch 16:9 rear touchscreen lets you review footage and adjust settings
- 1.4-inch front screen shows a preview of your recording for perfect selfie framing
- shoot in horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation
- built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- free DJI Mimo app features:
- see live view from camera
- transfer images to your smartphone
- edit images
- watch tutorials or read manuals in "Academy" section
- 8X slow-motion (in 240 fps HD mode)
- RockSteady electronic image stabilization keeps photos sharp and video jitter-free
- record time-lapse footage
- still image burst mode: 3, 5, or 7 frames per second
- photo timer lets you get in the picture
- custom exposure settings up to 120 seconds
- camera frame
- flat and curved adhesive mounts
- quick-release base
- battery and battery case
- locking screw
- USB-C cable
Dimensions and warranty:
- 2-1/2"W x 1-11/16"H x 1-3/8"H
- weight: 4.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.OS.00000020.01
What's in the box:
- Action camera
- Camera frame (installed)
- AB1 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (3.85V 1300mAh 5.005Wh)
- Battery case
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Type C USB on other end)
- Quick Release base
- Locking screw
- Curved adhesive mount
- Flat adhesive mount
- Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines
- "For More Information" card
DJI Osmo Action Camera reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Osmo Action Camera
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size (inches)||2.25"|
|Total Pixel Count||---|
|Effective Pixel Count for Video||12M|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9, 4:3|
|Optical Zoom||N x|
|Built-in Video Light||No|
|Max Recording Time w/ Included Battery||135 min (1080p)|
|Digital Still Camera Features|
|Effective Pixel Count for Stills||12M|
|Built-in Photo Flash||No|
|Still Image Aspect Ratios||16:9, 4:3|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||4.4|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Image Sensor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The DJI Osmo Action is a rugged, compact action camera for recording video and photos for all your adventures. The camera is waterproof down to 11 meters (36 feet), allowing you to shoot in virtually any conditions. The Osmo Action is equipped with dual screens so you can frame your shots from behind or in front of the lens. The rear monitor is touch-sensitive, allowing you to maneuver through the menu system with ease. You can capture stunning 4K/60 fps video at up to 100 Mbps, and beautiful 12MP still images, plus slow motion and time lapse videos. It has a tough f2/8 lens with a 145° viewing angle for wide expansive views. Osmo Action comes with a camera frame with a standard action camera (3-prong) mount, curved and flat adhesive mounts, and a USB-C charging cable.
Waterproof: The camera is built with a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, making it waterproof to depths up to 11 meters (36 feet). When using a waterproof case, the maximum depth underwater increases to 60 meters (196 feet). It is also built for operating in extreme temperatures between 14°F and 104°F (-10°C - 40°C).
Battery: The Osmo Action is powered by a 3.85-volt, 1300mAh Lithium-Ion Polymer battery. The battery charges in approximately 90 minutes via the included USB-C cable. A fully-charged battery can support up to 63 minutes of 4K video, or up to 135 minutes of 1080p video. Settings such as RockSteady and Screen Sleep mode will affect battery life.
Video Recording: The Osmo Action camera is capable of recording high quality video up to 4K resolution, and bit rates up to 100 Mbps. You can choose to record in 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios. AAC Audio is recorded at a 48kHz sampling rate (during normal video recording). HDR Video enhances the dynamic range of your videos to provide more detail to your videos, and natural transitions between light and dark areas. Video recording options are as follows:
- 4K (16:9): 60, 50, 48, 30, 25, 24 fps
- 4K (4:3): 30, 25, 24p
- 2.7K (4:3): 30, 25, 24
- 2.7K (16:9): 60, 50, 48, 30, 25, 24
- 1080p: 240, 200, 120, 100, 60, 50, 48, 30, 25, 24
- 720p: 240, 200
- Slow Motion (1080p, 720p): 120, 240; Speed 1/4x, 1/8x
- HDR Video (4K, 2.7K, 1080p): 30, 25, 24
- Time Lapse (4K, 2.7K, 1080p): Intervals: 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 13, 15, 20, 30 sec
RockSteady: RockSteady, DJI's latest EIS (electronic image stabilization) technology, delivers stable footage, even during the most vigorous activities. RockSteady combines EIS with complex algorithms to smooth out even the most dramatic vibrations in your biking, driving, surfing, and skiing videos. RockSteady is not available for all video settings, and may require a firmware update to activate.
Still Image Recording: You can take still photos at up to 12MP resolution in 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios. Photo recording options are as follows:
- Single Image: Takes one photo each time the shutter button is pressed.
- Countdown: Takes one photo after a 1, 3, or 10 second delay.
- Timed: Takes a series of photos at a set interval of 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 35, 45, 65, or 125 seconds.
- Burst: Takes a series of photos in a short burst of 3, 5, or 7 seconds
- AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing): Takes a series of photos, each at different exposures, allowing you to choose the best exposed photo. The photos are taken at the metered exposure, and over/under exposed at the given exposure value (EV). Choices include: 3 or 5 photos at intervals of 1/3EV, 2/3EV, or 1 EV.
Custom Settings: The camera allows you to create and save your current setting configuration in memory for later recall. Up to five custom modes can be saved. Saved custom modes can be edited or deleted.
DJI Mimo App: You can wirelessly connect the Osmo Action to your mobile device by Bluetooth (BLE 4.2) or Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac). The DJI Mimo App lets you capture, edit, and share your captured videos and photos. Mimo also offers HD Live View during recording. You can import your photos and videos to your mobile device and edit them in the app. Training videos and user manuals are also available on your mobile device. The DJI Mimo app is available for iOS (version 10.0 or later) and Android devices (5.0 and up).
Recording Media: The DJI Osmo Action camera records video and still images to microSD cards up to 256 GB. The camera supports file format FAT32 for cards up to 32 GB, and exFAT for cards 64 GB and up. During recording, you can view the remaining capacity of the microSD card on the screen, by recording time or number of photos. No microSD cards are included with the camera.
Viewing and Exporting Videos/Photos: You can view your recorded videos and photos directly on the camera, or in the DJI Mimo app. To export videos/photos, you can follow any of these methods:
- microSD: Remove the microSD card and insert it into your computer.
- USB-C: Connect the camera to your computer via the included USB-C cable.
- DJI Mimo App: Download your content by wirelessly connecting the camera to the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device.
Dual Monitors: The Osmo Action is equipped with front and rear LCD screens. The 2.25" rear monitor has a 640 x 340 resolution, and a hyper-responsive touch screen that lets you easily change settings on the go. The 1.4" front screen makes it easy for you to frame your selfie photos and videos. It cannot be used to change settings. You can switch between the front and rear screens through the DJI Mimo app, voice command, press and hold the QS button, or double-tapping the rear screen with two fingers.
Touchscreen Controls: The rear touchscreen monitor responds to finger taps and swipes to change camera settings and perform certain functions. Around the edges of the monitor are status icons for battery level, Wi-Fi status, microSD card remaining capacity, and shooting mode settings. Tapping the lower left corner lets you switch shooting modes (video or photo). Swipe actions on the touchscreen open up multiple settings menus:
- Swipe Down: create custom modes, set brightness, lock the screen, activate voice control, and program the QS button. Access to several general camera settings is also available.
- Swipe Up: set aspect ratio for photos or videos, countdown time, and resolution. You can also activate RockSteady in video mode.
- Swipe Left: set exposure parameters such as shutter speed, EV, and Max ISO values. Image/video settings, such as Dewarp and D-Cinelike can be activated.
- Swipe Right: view recorded videos and photos stored on the microSD card.
QS (Quick Switch) Button: The Osmo Action has a programmable button that can perform a specific action when pressed. You can select the function of the Quick Switch button in the menu. The following shooting modes are supported with the QS Button: Video, Photo, Slow Motion, HDR Video, Burst, Timed, AEB, Custom Mode, and Timelapse.
SnapShot: When the camera is in sleep mode or powered off, the SnapShot function lets you quickly power on the camera and begin shooting in mere seconds. You can configure SnapShot to include Video, Photo, Slow Motion, HDR Video, Burst, Timed, AEB, Custom mode, or Timelapse.
Voice Control: In the menu, you can enable Voice Control, allowing you to control the camera using only your voice. Using specific phrases, you can perform the following actions: Start Recording, Stop Recording, Take Photo, Screen Switch, and Shut Down.