About the DJI Osmo Mobile 2
Make smartphone photography even smarter
Assignable buttons on the handle of the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 let you prioritize functions you use often.
Make smartphone photography even smarter
I use my smartphone to take photos because it's convenient. I'm excited about the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 because it opens up a whole new world of advanced photography for that ever-present pocket gadget.
For starters, the gimbal mount removes the shake and wobble from handheld video — you can move along with your subject and the image will remain rock-steady. You can also take blur-free long exposure shots — like you might need as you wait for baby to take her first steps. Your friends and family may think you hired a professional to record your life.
Intelligent app control
Download the free DJI GO app for even more creative control options. Set the connected smartphone to automatically track a moving subject, create fascinating time-lapse videos, or create HD panoramas. You can even send out a live stream of your adventures using YouTube Live or Facebook Live.
Get a grip on your camera functions
The buttons on the Osmo Mobile joystick offer total control of the gimbal and attached smartphone. Start and stop recording, and take command of advanced features like ISO and white balance. Other buttons on the handle are assignable, so you can choose the features you need most on any given outing.
- shoot smooth, clear handheld video and still photos with your smartphone
- take blur-free long exposure shots
- gimbal removes shake and wobble from handheld video
- download the free DJI GO app for even more creative control options
- automatically track a moving subject
- create fascinating time-lapse videos
- stitch multiple images together to form HD panoramic shots
- live-stream your adventures using YouTube Live or Facebook Live
- buttons on the handle let you start and stop recording, and control advanced features
- assignable controls let you choose the features you need most
- up to 15 hours battery life
Dimensions and Warranty:
- handle with gimbal: 4-1/2"W x 11-5/8"H x 2-7/8"D
- weight: 17.1 oz.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.ZM.00000064.01
What's in the box:
- Smartphone gimbal (built-in battery)
- Charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- "In the Box" note
- Disclaimer & Safety Guidelines
- Intelligent Battery Safety Guidelines
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Osmo Mobile 2
Osmo Mobile 2: The DJI Osmo Mobile 2 is an advanced 3-axis gimbal that stabilizes and controls your smartphone, turning it into a smart motion camera. Its light and ergonomic design places physical controls at your fingertips, to form a powerful go anywhere smartphone filmmaking device.
3-Axis Gimbal with SmoothTrack Technology: Equipped with 3-axis stabilization and SmoothTrack technology, the Osmo Mobile compensates for natural movements and smoothes out transitions, creating seamlessly smooth video. The 3-axis gimbal anticipates handle movement to smooth out pan and tilt transitions, and uses SmoothTrack technology to reduce smartphone shakes from natural arm movements.
- Pan: +/-160° (controllable); +/-170° (mechanical)
- Roll: +/-25° (controllable); -90° to +70° (mechanical)
- Tilt: -155° (controllable); +/- 170° (mechanical)
- Max Controllable Speed: 120°/s
Note: The gimbal is non-detachable and cannot be replaced with another style of gimbal.
Smartphone Compatibility: The Osmo Mobile 2 supports smartphones measuring from 2.3125" to 3.375" wide and up to 0.3125" thick. This covers most phones currently available, from the iPhone SE to the iPhone 8 Plus and Android phones of similar sizes. Please note that actual compatibility might be affected by accessories and cases attached to your phone. Certain form factors including side button layout should also be considered. Your compatible smartphone can be mounted to the Osmo Mobile 2 either horizontally or vertically.
Note: The Osmo Mobile 2 can be used with external lenses mounted on your smartphone, but the external lens may affect the balance of the gimbal. Larger, heavier lenses are not recommended.
Bluetooth 4.0: The Osmo Mobile 2 utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to communicate with your smartphone. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth with a few easy taps in the DJI GO app. Once your smartphone is connected to the Osmo Mobile, it will automatically connect again the next time you use the same phone.
Control Buttons: Additionally, there are buttons on the front and side of the handle that allows for finer control over the gimbal and smartphone.
- Joystick: Vertical movement tilts the camera, while horizontal movement pans the camera. Joystick control direct can be set in the DJI Go app.
- Shutter Button: Press this button to take photos based on your settings in the DJI Goo app. Hold down shutter button to capture continuous photos.
- Record Button: Press this button once to start recording video, and again to stop recording.
- Trigger: The Trigger button provides several different
- Hold down the Trigger to enable Lock Mode. The gimbal will stay in its current position regardless of handle movement. The Osmo Mobile will return to SmoothTrack mode once the Trigger is released.
- Quickly tap the Trigger twice to center your smartphone. You can also position the smartphone directly by hand.
- Tap three times on the trigger to switch between your phones' front and rear camera. Switching cameras during video recording will stop the recording.
- Hold down the trigger and push the joystick up/down to zoom. This function is available in the DJI Go app metering mode and when using the phone's rear camera only (currently available on Apple iOS only).
- Zoom Slider: A new built-in zoom slider lets you completely operate your smartphone camera from the handle with more fluid, cinematic zoom.
Operation Modes: The DJI Osmo Mobile 2 can be configured for a variety of operating modes to suit your shooting application.
- Upright Mode: Upright mode (Landscape) can be sued without and user input. In this mode, quickly tap the trigger twice to center mobile phone.
- Portrait Mode: Rotate the Osmo Mobile 2 gimbal 90 degrees to the left or right to go from Upright Mode to Portrait mode. Active Track is disabled when using Portrait mode.
- Underslung: Holding the Osmo Mobile upside down will cause it to enter Underslung mode, in which the smartphone can easily capture images from a lower position.
- Flashlight: Rotate the Osmo Mobile forward 90 degrees to go from Upright mode to Flashlight mode. In this mode, pushing the joystick up and down will tilt the gimbal. Pushing the joystick left and right will have no effect.
DJI Go App: The DJI Go app for Apple iOS 8.0+ & Android OS 4.1+ brings ActiveTrack and Motion Timelapse features to the Osmo Mobile, as well as lets you watch a live HD video free from you smartphone's LCD touchscreen and even share the live video to YouTube or Facebook. The app also allows you to configure camera and gimbal settings.
ActiveTrack Technology: ActiveTrack technology built into the DJI GO app allows the Osmo Mobile 2 to automatically keep your smartphone facing you as you move. You no longer have to choose between recording a moment or taking part in it. Do both and share scenes from your life that people have never seen.
- ActiveTrack is available in all modes except Portrait Mode due to limited horizontal camera field of view (FOV) when the phone is held upright. When shooting in Portrait Mode, a subject might move out of the frame easily and leave no time for the gimbal to adjust its orientation.
- ActiveTrack is not compatible with certain phones (i.e. iPhone 5s and iPhone 5) due to limitations within the phones.
Sport & Walk Modes: These two modes are specially optimized to reduce different shakes generated during walking and running. The main difference between these modes is the gimbal's speed following your movements. In Sport mode, the gimbal follows your movements closely and is suitable for shooting fast-moving objects. In Walk mode, the gimbal moves slower when you walk.
Shooting Modes: The DJI Go app lets you choose between photo & video modes.
- Photo: Select single shot, 2/5/10 second intervals (iOS only), Panorama (back camera only), or HDR (not available on some Android devices). In Panorama mode the Osmo Mobile 2 moves automatically to capture multiple photos then stitches them together to create a seamless image.
- Video: Select Standard for normal video recording, Slow Motion for slow motion video recording (iOS only), or Timelapse/Motionlapse/Hyperlapse for awe inspiring timelapse videos. Timelapse is suitable for recording the passing of time at a fixed scene by mounting the Osmo Mobile 2 on a tripod or base. Motionlapse allows you to record a moving timelapse video by setting up to five camera points. Hyperlapse allows you to record everything passing by as they hold the gimbal in hand and walk.
Note: When recording video, video resolution is set at 720p in DJI GO by default. You can change video resolution (up to 4K) in the app. However, the maximum video resolution depends on your phone's camera.
Live Video Streaming: Share moments using YouTube Live inside the DJI GO app, or stream straight to Facebook Live while using the Osmo Mobile 2. Every stream you shoot will be steady and smooth, as if you have your own personal camera crew.
Rechargeable Battery: The Osmo Mobile 2 is equipped with a built-in rechargeable LiPo battery (2600mAh/18Wh/7.2V) that provides up to 15 hours of run time. To charge the battery, connect the Osmo Mobile 2 to a USB power source (2A) using the included USB charging cable. A full charge takes approximately 2 hours. The battery level is displayed in the DJI Go app on your compatible smartphone device.
- Battery Balancing & Temperature Control: The battery balances the voltage of each cell during charging. The battery stops charging if the core temperature fall below 41°F or exceeds 104°F.
- Protection Circuitry: The battery stops charging if the charging current is too large or if its voltage is too high, stops discharging if its voltage is to low, and cuts the power supply if a short circuit is detected.
Note: The built-in battery is non-replaceable and cannot be swapped out.
1/4"-20 Mounting Thread: The mounting hole at the bottom of the Osmo Mobile 2 is the standard 1/4"-20 UNC thread. It is compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2 Base, Osmo Tripod, and other third-party accessories (all sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?