About the DJI Osmo Mobile
Make your smartphone even smarter
The gimbal on the DJI Osmo Mobile helps you shoot rock-steady video with your smartphone.
Make your smartphone even smarter
I use my smartphone to take photos because it's convenient. I'm excited about the DJI Osmo Mobile because it opens up a whole new world of advanced photography for that ever-present pocket gadget. For starters, the gimbal mount removes the shake and wobble from handheld video — you can move along with your subject and the image will remain rock-steady. You can also take blur-free long exposure shots — like you might need as you wait for baby to take her first steps. Your friends and family may think you hired a professional to record your life.
Intelligent app control
Download the free DJI GO app for even more creative control options. Set the connected smartphone to automatically track a moving subject, or create fascinating time-lapse videos that dramatically illustrate the passage of time. You can even send out a live stream of your adventures using YouTube Live or Facebook Live.
Get a grip on your camera functions
The buttons on the Osmo Mobile joystick offer total control of the gimbal and attached smartphone. Start and stop recording, and take command of advanced features like ISO and white balance. Other buttons on the handle are assignable, so you can choose the features you need most on any given outing.
- shoot smooth, clear handheld video with your smartphone
- take blur-free long exposure shots
- gimbal removes shake and wobble from handheld video
- download the free DJI GO app for even more creative control options
- automatically track a moving subject
- create fascinating time-lapse videos
- live-stream your adventures using YouTube Live or Facebook Live
- buttons on the handle let you start and stop recording, and control advanced features
- assignable controls let you choose the features you need most
Dimensions and Warranty:
- handle: 2-7/16"W x 6-7/16"H x 2"D
- weight: 7.09 oz.
- gimbal: 5"W x 4-5/16"H x 3-5/8"D
- weight: 10.58
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.ZM.000449
What's in the box:
- Mobile phone hand-held gimbal
- Intelligent battery
- Charging cable
- Wrist strap
- Rosette protection cap
- Carrying pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- "In the Box" note
- Disclaimer & Safety Guidelines
- Intelligent Battery Safety Guidelines
DJI Osmo Mobile reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Osmo Mobile
Osmo Mobile: The DJI Osmo Mobile is an advanced 3-axis gimbal that stabilizes and controls your smartphone, turning it into a smart motion camera. Its light and ergonomic design places physical controls at your fingertips, to form a powerful go anywhere smartphone filmmaking device.
Smartphone Compatibility: The Osmo Mobile supports smartphones measuring from 2.3125" to 3.375" wide and up to 0.3125" thick. This covers most phones currently available, from the iPhone SE to the iPhone 7 Plus and Android phones of similar sizes. Please note that actual compatibility might be affected by accessories attached to your phone. Certain form factors including side button layout should also be considered.
Bluetooth 4.0: The Osmo Mobile utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to communicate with your smartphone. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth with a few easy taps in the DJI GO app. Once your smartphone is connected to the Osmo Mobile, it will automatically connect again the next time you use the same phone.
3-Axis Gimbal with SmoothTrack Technology: Equipped with 3-axis stabilization and SmoothTrack technology, the Osmo Mobile compensates for natural movements and smoothes out transitions, creating seamlessly smooth video. The 3-axis gimbal anticipates handle movement to smooth out pan and tilt transitions, and uses SmoothTrack technology to reduce smartphone shakes from natural arm movements.
- Pan: +/-150° (controllable); +/-165° (mechanical)
- Roll: +/-25° (controllable); -50° to +90° (mechanical)
- Tilt: -125° to +35° (controllable); -140° to +50° (mechanical)
- Max Controllable Speed: 120°/s
Note: The gimbal is non-detachable and cannot be replaced with another style of gimbal.
Control Buttons: Additionally, there are buttons on the front and back of the handle that allows for finer control over the gimbal and smartphone.
- Joystick: Vertical movement tilts the camera, while horizontal movement pans the camera. Joystick control direct can be set in the DJI Go app.
- Shutter Button: Press this button to take photos based on your settings in the DJI Goo app. Hold down shutter button to capture continuous photos.
- Record Button: Press this button once to start recording video, and again to stop recording.
- Trigger: The Trigger button provides several different functions
- Hold down the Trigger to enable Lock Mode. The gimbal will stay in its current position regardless of handle movement. The Osmo Mobile will return to SmoothTrack mode once the Trigger is released.
- Quickly tap the Trigger twice to center your smartphone. You can also position the smartphone directly by hand.
- Tap three times on the trigger to switch between your phones' front and rear camera. Switching cameras during video recording will stop the recording.
- Hold down the trigger and push the joystick up/down to zoom. This function is available in the DJI Go app metering mode and when using the phone's rear camera only (currently available on Apple iOS only).
Operation Modes: The DJI Osmo Mobile can be configured for a variety of operating modes to suit your shooting application.
- Upright Mode: Upright mode (Landscape) can be sued without and user input. In this mode, quickly tap the trigger twice to center mobile phone.
- Portrait Mode: Rotate the Osmo Mobile 90 degrees to the left or right to go from Upright Mode to Portrait mode. Active Track is disabled when using Portrait mode.
- Underslung: Holding the Osmo Mobile upside down will cause it to enter Underslung mode, in which the smartphone can easily capture images from a lower position.
- Flashlight: Rotate the Osmo Mobile forward 90 degrees to go from Upright mode to Flashlight mode. In this mode, pushing the joystick up and down will tilt the gimbal. Pushing the joystick left and right will have no effect.
DJI Go App: The DJI Go app for Apple iOS 8.0+ & Android OS 4.1+ brings ActiveTrack and Motion Timelapse features to the Osmo Mobile, as well as lets you watch a live HD video free from you smartphone's LCD touchscreen and even share the live video to YouTube or Facebook. The app also allows you to configure camera and gimbal settings.
ActiveTrack Technology: ActiveTrack technology built into the DJI GO app allows the Osmo Mobile to automatically keep your smartphone facing you as you move. You no longer have to choose between recording a moment or taking part in it. Do both and share scenes from your life that people have never seen.
- ActiveTrack is available in all modes except Portrait Mode due to limited horizontal camera field of view (FOV) when the phone is held upright. When shooting in Portrait Mode, a subject might move out of the frame easily and leave no time for the gimbal to adjust its orientation.
- ActiveTrack is not compatible with certain phones (i.e. iPhone 5s and iPhone 5) due to limitations within the phones.
Sport & Walk Modes: In Sport Mode, the gimbal follows your movements closely, while in Walk Mode, the gimbal moves more slowly
Motion Timelapse: Motion time-lapse videos are an awe inspiring way to show the passing of time. You used to need professional equipment and skills to capture them but using the Osmo Mobile and your phone, making your own is as easy as a few taps.
- Select photo capture intervals and capture duration to start recording a time-lapse video. Tripod mode locks the gimbal motor for greater stability and is highly recommended when shooting a time-lapse video.
- Select up to 5 camera positions to create a moving time-lapse.
Live Video Streaming: Share moments using YouTube Live inside the DJI GO app, or stream straight to Facebook Live while using the Osmo Mobile. Every stream you shoot will be steady and smooth, as if you have your own personal camera crew.
Wall or Sport Mode: The main difference is the gimbal's speed tracking your movements.
Rechargeable Battery: The included Intelligent Battery (980mAh / 10.8Wh / 11.1V) can power the Osmo Mobile for approximately 3 to 4.5 hours. It takes about 3 hours to fully charge the battery when charging at 1A (maximum charging current is 2.1A). To charge the battery, connect the Osmo Mobile to a USB power source using the included USB charging cable. The battery level is displayed in the DJI Go app on your compatible smartphone device. The Intelligent Battery offers features such as -
- Battery Balancing: Balances the voltage of each cell during charging.
- Over-Current Protection: Stops charging if the charging current is too large.
- Over-Charge Protection: Stops charging if its voltage is too high.
- Over-Discharge Protection: Stops discharging if its voltage is to low.
- Short Circuit Protection: Cuts the power supply if a short circuit is detected.
- Temperature Control: Stops charging if the core temperature fall below 41°F or exceeds 104°F.
DJI Rosette Mount: The DJI Rosette Mount on the side of the Osmo Mobile's handle supports a number of accessories, including an Extension Rod, a Tripod, and various mounts for specialized filmmaking applications. Check out the Accessories tab for a list of compatible add-on accessory mounts.