About the DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Quadcopter
Shoot stunning 4K video with an easy-to-fly drone
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ controller features a built-in 5-1/2" touchscreen that transmits a full HD live view.
Shoot stunning 4K video with an easy-to-fly drone
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 is an amazingly lightweight, maneuverable quadcopter that offers a high-level view of the world. It carries a powerful 20-megapixel, 4K camera on a steadying gimbal mount, so you can bank and turn and swoop and still record smooth, judder-free video.
The included Pro+ flight controller makes sure you get a fantastic view, even though you're stuck on the ground. There's a built-in 5-1/2" touchscreen, and DJI's OcuSync HD transmission gives you a crystal-clear view of everything the camera can see. The DJI GO 4 app is pre-installed, so you can put the flyer through its paces even sooner after you unbox it.
Makes piloting fun
This drone responds to "tap-to-fly" commands, meaning that you can use the controller's large touchscreen to take off, land, and navigate. Built-in GPS positioning helps your drone stay on course, and its Obstacle Sensing System helps prevent accidents, even at top speed. The drone uses FlightAutonomy positioning with GPS/GLONASS for super-accurate navigation.
If you'll be running, biking, skiing, or otherwise occupied, go hands-free with ActiveTrack mode, and the drone will follow faithfully behind as you get your move on. If you're really new to drone piloting, a special Beginner Mode will let you learn the ropes with maximum safety protocols in place.
Adapt to your surroundings with multiple flight modes
Three flight modes let you choose which of the drone's capabilities best suit you during any given outing. For most pilots, including first-timers, Position mode offers simple flight controls with plenty of help with navigation and safety assistance. For smoother, more responsive maneuvering during a video shoot, try Attitude mode. And when you're ready to open up the throttle and go for the Phantom 4's top speed, Sport mode gives you maximum piloting control.
The Pro+ version of the Phantom 4 includes a couple of interesting flight modes. Draw mode lets you draw a route on the app screen for the drone to follow. And now, you can take great overhead selfies even if you're alone, using hand movements to control the camera in Gesture Mode.
- quadcopter with 20-megapixel 4K Ultra HD camera, Pro+ controller, 5-1/2" screen, rechargeable intelligent flight battery, and charger
- titanium/magnesium core makes for a lightweight, durable, maneuverable aircraft
- flight time: up to 30 minutes
- maximum speed: 44 mph
- adapt to flight conditions with three flight modes (Position, Sport, or Attitude)
- five-direction obstacle sensing
- detects potential obstacles up to 49 feet away (disabled in Sport mode)
- FlightAutonomy positioning with GPS/GLONASS allows super-accurate navigation
- drone will automatically follow a subject in ActiveTrack mode
- Draw mode lets you draw a route for the drone to follow
- control the camera with arm movements in Gesture Mode
- weight: 3.04 lbs.
- 20-megapixel camera with 1" CMOS sensor
- records 4K video at up to 60 frames per second (Full HD at up to 120 fps)
- f/2.8 wide-angle lens
- 3-axis gimbal mount stabilizes camera in flight
- wide, 94° field of view
- takes up to 7 still photos per second in burst mode
- fast shutter speeds down to 1/8000 sec.
- Burst mode: up to 14 fps
- ISO range: 100-3200
- enhanced video processing system enables high-res slow motion shooting
- navigational alerts include sounds and vibrations
- records to microSD memory card (16GB card included; 64GB maximum capacity)
- built-in rechargeable battery
Included Accessories and Warranty:
- portable remote controller with 4.3 mile transmission range
- navigate using the built-in 5-1/2" touchscreen
- OcuSync HD live view transmission (720p @ 30 fps)
- DJI GO control app pre-installed
- rechargeable intelligent flight battery
- 16GB microSD memory card
- micro USB cable
- battery charger
- carrying case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
- MFR # CP.PT.00000234.01
What's in the box:
- Quadcopter w/ gimbal camera
- Intelligent Flight Battery (pre-installed)
- 16GB microSD card (pre-installed)
- Remote controller with LCD screen
- 8 Propellers
- AC battery charger
- 39" AC power cord
- 4' microUSB-to-USB cable
- Gimbal clamp (pre-installed)
- Carry case
- Quick Start Guide
- "In The Box" booklet
- Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines
- Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines
- "Know Before You Fly" card
- "DJI Care Refresh" card
DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Quadcopter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Quadcopter
Aerodynamic Titanium & Magnesium Alloy Body: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's titanium & magnesium alloy body reduces weight while keeping stiffness at a maximum to minimize vibration. The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's sleek and aerodynamically designed body minimizes buffeting when flying in strong winds and against gusts from any angle, keeping its movements predictable and precise. The deeply integrated gimbal and the new placement of battery lift Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's center of gravity, improving balance, enhancing agility and adding more accuracy to how it reacts to your commands.
- New aerodynamic 9455S propellers and an upgraded propulsion system with FOC ESC drivers offer improved noise control and sinusoidal current for increased stability.
- Aircraft noise has been reduced by up to 4dB (60%) for quieter, more enjoyable flights (when compared to the Phantom 4 Pro).
FlightAutonomy: FlightAutonomy is an advanced aerial intelligence and flight automation platform. It is made up of a complex network of ten component groups including seven cameras - forward, rearward and downward dual vision sensors and the primary camera - an infrared sensing system, dual-band satellite positioning (GPS and GLONASS), two downward facing ultrasonic rangefinders, redundant IMUs and compasses, and a group of powerful, specialized computing cores. The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 acquires a real-time view of its environment and information about the height and position of nearby obstacles to create a 3D map it can locate itself within. The IMU and compasses collect crucial flight status, speed and direction data, while redundant IMUs and compasses monitor critical data and rule out possible errors, dramatically enhancing the reliability of flight.
Obstacle Sensing & Avoidance: Flight Autonomy is expanded with an additional set of high-resolution stereo vision sensors placed at the rear in addition to the pair placed at the front as well as infrared sensing systems placed on the left and right sides. This network creates a total of 5-direction of obstacle sensing and 4-direction of obstacle avoidance, protecting the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 from more obstacles and giving filmmakers the confidence to capture more complex images.
Six Camera Navigation System: Three sets of dual vision sensors form a 6-camera navigation system that works constantly to calculate the relative speed and distance between the aircraft and an object. Using this network of forward, rearward and downward vision sensors, the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 is able to hover precisely in places without GPS when taking off indoors, or on balconies, or even when flying through windows with minimal pilot control. In the unlikely event that front and downward sensors are unable to operate, the aircraft can still hover in place using the rear stereo vision system. The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 also is able to fly in complex environments at a flight speed of up to 31mph (50kph) while avoiding obstacles in its path. In Narrow Sensing Mode, the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 narrows its sensing scope enabling it to see in more detail and fly through small spaces.
Infrared Sensing System: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 is the first DJI aircraft to use an infrared sensing system. Placed on the left, and right sides of the aircraft, these measure the distance between the aircraft and any obstacles using infrared 3D scanning. When in Beginner Mode and Tripod Mode, these sensors have a horizontal field of view of 70° and a vertical field of view of 20°, providing a wide view of the scene to the sides of the Phantom, and a maximum range of 23'. Traditional ultrasonic sensors only have a detection range of 3-5m and may be confused when affected by propeller vibration. The infrared sensing system is able to sense larger areas and measure the distance between the aircraft, identifying the closest objects accurately while avoiding interference, providing more reliable sensing and protection.
OcuSync Video Transmission: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's remote controller uses OcuSync video transmission, which employs time-division multiplexing technology to send control signal and receive video signal simultaneously. When the controller is powered on, the OcuSync system scans for the frequency band with lowest interference and switches accordingly to maintain clear transmission. Also, thanks to OcuSync, the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 wirelessly connects to DJI Goggles (sold separately). Free from cable constraints, you can enjoy exciting FPV flight at speeds of up to 72kph (45mph) in S-mode with a range of 4.3mi/7km.
- 1080p Live View: With bi-directional perception and error-resilient technology, the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 saves up to 30% of its bandwidth and solves common problems such as video lag and even compression artifacts within video transmission, providing crystal-clear live video at up to 1080p on included controller's 5.5" LCD screen or using DJI Goggles (sold separately).
- Multiple Device Connectivity: OcuSync can connect to multiple devices at the same time. It can link two remote controllers (via future firmware update) or the included remote controller and a set of DJI Goggles (sold separately). OcuSync can sense aircraft altitude and the relative position of aircrafts while choosing the ideal antenna combination for Goggles, the remote controller, and aircraft for optimal signal transmission.
Flight Modes: Different productions require different flight characteristics, and the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 offers four modes for flight: P (Positioning), A (Altitude), S (Sport), T (Tripod). Switching between them allows pilots to get the control they need, whether they seek smoothness, simplicity, intelligent navigation or speed. Both the infrared sensing system and vision sensors are enabled in these modes for a safer flight experience.
- P-Mode (Positioning): In Positioning Mode, TapFly, ActiveTrack, obstacle sensing and positioning features are available with a maximum speed of 31 mph.
- S-Mode (Sport): Sport Mode adds extra agility and higher speed, reaching 45 mph.
- A-Mode (Altitude): Altitude Mode switches off satellite stabilization and holds the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's altitude. It is ideal for experienced pilots looking to capture smoother footage with a maximum speed of 36 mph.
- T-Mode (Tripod): Tripod Mode, which limits speed to 4mph provides precision control for fine framing and indoor flying.
Intelligent Flight Modes: The Phantom 4 offers a variety of Intelligent Flight modes that make piloting and aerial photography easier.
- Draw: Draw is a brand new technology for waypoint
control. Simply draw a route on the controller's screen and the Phantom 4
Pro will move in that direction while keeping its altitude locked. This
allows the pilot to focus on camera control and enables more complex shots.
There are two Draw modes that can be used in different scenarios -
- Forward: The aircraft follows the route at a constant speed with the camera facing in the direction of flight.
- Free: The aircraft only moves along the route when instructed. In this mode, the camera can face in any direction during a flight.
- ActiveTrack: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 automatically recognizes
subjects, follows and captures them as they move, making it easier to get
complex shots. Following fast-moving objects can be very challenging, but
advanced image recognition algorithms used by the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 allow it to
recognize and track the object while keeping it in frame. This new algorithm
also recognizes more subjects, from people to vehicles to animals, and will
adjust its flight dynamics to match, ensuring smoother shots. You can choose
between 3 ActiveTrack flight modes -
- Trace: Follow behind or in front of a subject, avoiding obstacles automatically.
- Profile: Fly alongside a subject at a variety of angles to get profile shots of the subject.
- Spotlight: Keep the camera trained on a subject while the aircraft flies almost anywhere.
- TapFly: Fly in any direction visible on-screen with a
simple tap. Tap anywhere on-screen to smoothly adjust the direction of
flight while automatically avoiding obstacles and tap the screen again or
use control sticks to change direction. A new AR route function shows the
aircraft's real-time flight direction for reference as its route is
adjusted. As it can be difficult to control altitude, course, speed and
camera pitch simultaneously using joysticks, TapFly Free allows a pilot to
set the direction of flight, allowing them to turn the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 or tilt
the gimbal as required without changing the direction of flight. In total,
there are now three TapFly modes -
- Forward: Tap to fly in the selected direction.
- Backward: Tap to fly in the opposite direction of the tap, i.e. tap in the bottom right corner of the screen to fly backward towards the top left.
- Free: Lock the forward direction of the Phantom without locking the camera direction allowing it to turn.
- Return to Home: In its upgraded Return to Home mode, the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 can automatically choose the best route to return home depending on environmental conditions. It records its route as it flies, allowing it to return along the same route avoiding obstacles if the control signal is disconnected. Based on its altitude at the time of disconnection, the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 is also able to adjust its flight path to avoid obstacles it has seen during its flight. At takeoff, the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 will record the scene below and compare its recording with what it sees as it returns, for more precise landing. It can also detect the ground to see whether there is suitable spot for landing. If any obstacles are found, or there is water on the ground, it will alert the pilot and hover at an appropriate height, helping the aircraft to land more safely.
- Gesture Mode: Using Gesture Mode, selfies can be captured easily using a few gestures without the remote controller. Advanced computer vision technology allows the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 to take instructions through gestures. The subject simply lifts their arms when facing the camera and the aircraft will recognize this movement by locking on and placing the subject in the center of the frame. When ready for a photo, the subject holds their arms out to signal the aircraft. A three second countdown will begin, making time to strike a pose, allowing moments to be captured without the remote control.
Flight Recorder: Flight data is automatically recorded to the internal storage of the aerial drone. This includes flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters. To access this data, connect the aircraft to your Windows PC through the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's microUSB port.
Intelligent 30 Minute Battery: Professional aerial imaging benefits from longer flight times. The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 has a maximum flight time of 30 minutes thanks to its high efficiency motors and custom-designed large-capacity 5870mAh battery, providing more time in the air to capture the perfect shot. The DJI GO 4 app shows battery lifetime and calculates remaining flight times according to distance traveled and more. It will give alerts when it reaches a minimum safe amount required for a safe journey back to the takeoff point. An advanced battery management system is also in place to prevent overcharging and over draining. When placed in longer term storage, batteries will discharge power to maintain good health.
Carry Case: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 comes with a foam carrying case with handle.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
High Performance Camera: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 camera system has been significantly upgraded from the Phantom 4, improving every part of the camera including sensor size, resolution, image processing system, and more, making it the most powerful Phantom camera ever. The onboard camera has been redesigned to use a 1" 20-megapixel CMOS sensor. A custom engineered lens made up of eight elements is arranged in seven groups, it is the first DJI camera to use a mechanical shutter, eliminating rolling shutter distortion which can occur when taking images of fast moving subjects or when flying at high speed. In effect, it is as powerful as many traditional ground cameras. More powerful video processing supports H.264 4K videos at 60fps or H.265 4K at 30fps, both with a 100Mbps bitrate. Advanced sensors and processors ensure everything is captured with more image detail and the image data needed for advanced post-production.
1" 20MP CMOS: Sensor size is more important to image quality than the number of pixels because a larger sensor captures more information in every pixel, improving dynamic range, signal-to-noise ratio, and low light performance. The 1" 20-megapixel CMOS sensor in the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 is almost four times the size of the Phantom 4's 1/2.3in sensor. It uses larger pixels and has a maximum ISO of 12800 as well as increased contrast. It is good enough for images to be used immediately, while also capturing enough detail for advanced post-processing.
High Resolution Lens: The resolution and contrast of a lens is critical to image quality, because only a quality lens can capture sharp, vivid photos at high resolutions. The brand new Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 camera has an aerial optimized F2.8-F11 wide-angle lens with a 24mm equivalent focal length. It features eight elements (2 aspherical) arranged in seven groups that fit into a smaller, more compact frame. Its images are consistently detailed with low distortion and low dispersion, ensuring that photos and videos are sharp and vivid.
Mechanical & Electronic Shutter: Aerial imaging is not only used to capture landscapes; it brings new perspectives to everything from action scenes to motor racing. Capturing objects moving at high speed has always been a challenge for flying cameras using an electronic shutter. This is why the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 is the first DJI Phantom to use a mechanical shutter and a large-aperture prime lens. A mechanical shutter with a max speed of 1/2000s eliminates rolling shutter distortion which can occur when taking images of fast moving subjects or when flying at high speed. The electronic shutter has also been improved with a max shutter speed of 1/8000seconds, and a new Burst Mode shoot capable of shooting 14 fps at 20 megapixels to catch the perfect moment.
Auto Focus: It also supports auto focus by half-pressing the shutter button, and has a focus range, from 1m to infinity. Always refocus before capturing additional shots in the event that the subject has moved beyond the focus point. Focus at infinity if the subject is over 98ft away. Refocusing is also needed when switching from close shots to long shots during recording.
4K Video Processing System: An enhanced video processing system allows video to be captured in cinema and production optimized DCI 4K/60 (4096 x 2160/60fps) at a bitrate of 100Mbps, enabling you to get high-resolution slow motion shots. The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 also supports the H.265 video codec (Maximum resolution 4096X2160/30fps). For a given bitrate, H.265 doubles the amount of image processing as H.264, resulting in significantly enhanced image quality. Record in the high dynamic range D-log mode to make the most of this image data for color grading.
- H.265: available video modes & resolutions
- C4K: 4096×2160 24/25/30p @100Mbps
- 4K: 3840×2160 24/25/30p @100Mbps
- 2.7K: 2720×1530 24/25/30p @65Mbps or 2720×1530 48/50/60p @80Mbps
- FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30p @50Mbps, 1920×1080 48/50/60p @65Mbps, or 1920×1080 120p @100Mbps
- HD: 1280×720 24/25/30p @25Mbps, 1280×720 48/50/60p @35Mbps, or 1280×720 120p @60Mbps
- H.264: available video modes & resolutions
- C4K: 4096×2160 24/25/30/48/50/60p @100Mbps
- 4K: 3840×2160 24/25/30/48/50/60p @100Mbps
- 2.7K: 2720×1530 24/25/30p @80Mbps or 2720×1530 48/50/60p @100Mbps
- FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30p @60Mbps, 1920×1080 48/50/60 @80Mbps, or 1920×1080 120p @100Mbps
- HD: 1280×720 24/25/30p @30Mbps, 1280×720 48/50/60p @45Mbps, 1280×720 120p @80Mbps
Still Photography: In addition to video recording, you can capture high resolution still images in JPEG, DNG (RAW), or JPEG + DNG. You can select between three different aspect ratios and image sizes - 5472x3648 (3.2), 4864x3648 (4:3), and 5472x3072 (16:9). Still photography shooting modes include - Single Shot, Burst Shooting (3/5/7/10/14 frames), Auto Exposure (3/5 bracketed frames a 0.7 EV Bias), and Interval (2/3/5/7/10/20/30/60s).
microSD Card Storage: All of your captured photos and recorded videos are stored on a microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (Class 10 or UHS-1; up to 128GB). One 16GB microSD card is included. The photo and video files can then be downloaded directly to your computer via the camera's microUSB port.
Wireless Remote Controller: The included wireless remote controller is responsible for control of the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 drone, including piloting and aerial capture, through its joysticks and integrated LCD screen. Use the controller's joysticks to control the flight pattern of the drone, while the integrated LCD screen provides a live video feed of the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's gimbal camera. The controller is powered by a built-in, rechargeable 5 hour battery.
Note: The remote controller of the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 is not compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro, which uses Lightbridge transmission. Other accessories such as batteries, chargers, and ND filters are compatible with both the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0.
OcuSync Wireless Transmission: The remote controller is equipped with an OcuSync wireless transmission system. It switches automatically between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz WiFi frequency bands with a maximum controllable range of 4.3mi/7km (unobstructed, free of interference, FCC compliant).
- Dual-Frequency Transmission: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 remote controller utilizes the OcuSync HD video transmission system that operates on both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequency bands, with a max transmission range of 4.3mi/7km. Assessing environmental conditions, the aircraft chooses the best band in which to operate, helping to reduce signal interference.
- Fast Switching Of Frequency Points: OcuSync video transmission technology can sense environmental interference in real time. When the interference is strong, the system switches to the frequency point with the least amount of intrusion
5.5" LCD Screen: The 5.5" LCD screen integrated with the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 controller offers a 1080p video resolution for high definition live video feed of your compatible Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ drone's aerial camera. The integrated LCD screen also provides1000 cd/m2 of brightness, which is more than twice as bright as conventional smart devices.
Joystick & Push-Button Controls: The remote controller features joystick and push-buttons controls to operate the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 and many of its functions, including flight and camera controls.
- Flight Controls: Use dual 4-way joystick controllers to operate the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's flight pattern; including Up/Down, Forward/Backward, and Left/Right. You can also use the Flight Mode switch to select P-mode (Positioning), S-mode (Sport), or A-mode (Attitude). In addition, you can press and hold the "RTH" button to start the Return-to-Home procedure.
- Camera Controls: Use the controller's Shutter button to shoot still photos and the Record button to capture videos. The Camera dial lets you adjust a variety of camera settings such as ISO, shutter seed, and aperture. The Gimbal dial provides tilt control of the gimbal camera mount.
Integrated DJI Go App: Since the DJI Go 4 app is built into the LCD screen, hardware and software are fully optimized, allowing you to edit and share instantly.
- Editor: An intelligent video editor is built into the DJI Go 4 app. After recording several video clips and downloading them to your mobile device, you can go to the Editor section of the app to select a template and a specified number of clips which are then automatically combined to create a short film that can shared.
- SkyPixel: Find out about DJI's latest events, featured products, and trending SkyPixel uploads in the SkyPixel section of the DJI Go 4 app.
- Me: If you already have a DJI account (or create one), you will be able to participate in forum discussions, earn Credits in the DJI Store, and share your videos/photos with the DJI online community.
Note: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 controller does not require the use of an Apple iOS or Android device running the DJI Go 4 app and cannot be used with these external mobile devices.
Optional Goggles: The Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's controller can wirelessly connect to DJI Goggles (sold separately), putting you directly in the heart of the action with dual LTPS displays that offer a high-quality 1080p live camera view with an 85° FOV. Connected via OcuSync, users can experience fast and clear FPV flight with incredibly low latency. Plus, controlling your Phantom with DJI Goggles is more intuitive than ever. Just enable Head Tracking, which allows you to move the aircraft or gimbal simply by turning your head.
Status/RTH LEDs: The Status LED reflects the strength of the connection between the remote controller and the aircraft. the RTH LED indicates the Return-to-Home status of the aircraft.
Rechargeable Battery: The remote controller is powered by a Lithium-ion (LiPo 2s)rechargeable battery that has a capacity of 6000mAh. The battery level is displayed via LED indicators on the front-panel of the remote controller. The remote controller's battery charges using the charger that comes with the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0. The battery has a 5 hour battery life.
2 questions already asked