About the DJI Zenmuse X5S
Cinema-quality aerial camera
Cinema-quality aerial camera
The Zenmuse X5S is a serious camera for serious work. It produces crystal-clear, professional-quality aerial video and photos, and really shines when paired with the CineCore 2.0 image processing system in the DJI Inspire 2 quadcopter. The Micro Four Thirds camera format allows you to use interchangeable lenses, so you can get exactly the look you want.
It comes with a sophisticated 3-axis gimbal that stabilizes the camera so you get smooth, jitter-free images. The free DJI GO 4 app offers remote control of the camera's functions and settings.
Packed with pro features
In spite of its name, the camera's Micro Four Thirds sensor is rather large when compared to, say, a point-and-shoot camera. That means you get very detailed 20.8-megapixel still photos and 5.2K video at 30 frames per second. The camera is capable of up to 12.8 stops of dynamic range, so you can shoot in just about any type of light. You can freeze action with shutter speeds down to 1/8000th of a second, or capture an astonishing 20 frames per second in burst mode.
- mirrorless, compact Micro Four Thirds camera and gimbal for aerial photography and cinematography
- compatible with the DJI Inspire 2
- takes sharp, clear 20.8-megapixel still photos
- 5.2K video at up to 30fps
- sensitive 4/3" CMOS image sensor
- 12.8 stops of dynamic range for sharp images in high- and low-light environments
- detachable DJI 15mm lens included
- supports optional interchangeable lenses
- up to 20 frames per second in burst mode
- shutter speed: 8 to 1/8000 sec.
- ISO: 100-6400 (video), 100 - 25600 (photo)
- 72° field of view
- records to optional microSD memory card (maximum capacity of 64 GB)
- remotely control camera functions and settings with the free DJI GO 4 app
- precise gimbal motor rotation powered by a dedicated processor
- 3-13/16"W x 5-1/2"H x 5-3/16"D
- weight: 16.26 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.ZM.000496
What's in the box:
- Gimbal-mount camera body
- Camera lens (installed)
- 16GB microSD card (installed)
- 16" USB 3.0 cable
- Lens hood (installed)
- Balancing ring (installed)
- Rubber ring (installed)
- Front lens cap (installed)
- Back lens cap
- Body cap
- Foam pad
- Storage case
- "In the Box" note
- Disclaimer & Safety Guidelines
- Declaration of Conformity
More details on the DJI Zenmuse X5S
Micro Four Thirds Aerial Camera: The Zenmuse X5 is the world's first Micro Four Thirds aerial camera capable of recording 4K video; giving you the ability to capture breathtaking professional-level footage every time. Packed with a powerful MFT sensor, the camera also takes 16MP images with stunning details, while the integrated 3-axis stabilization gimbal keeps the camera level.
DJI Inspire 1 Compatible: To create the first fully integrated, professional aerial imaging system, the Zenmuse X5 was engineered and designed from the very beginning to be perfectly compatible with the Inspire 1 (sold separately), DJI's most advanced quadcopter. With 360 degree camera movement and dual controller support, the Inspire 1 is the favorite ready-to-fly aerial platform for enthusiasts and professionals worldwide. Now, with a simple installation procedure, you can upgrade the camera on your Inspire 1 to the Zenmuse X5, vastly increasing its imaging capabilities while retaining its ease of use and reliability.
3-Axis Gimbal: Perfectly integrated with the camera, a 3-axis gimbal utilizes DJI's world-leading stabilization technology to automatically stabilize your camera in flight. This gimbal communicates constantly with the aircraft as you fly, and powerful brushless motors instantly respond to every minor movement to keep the camera level, even when capturing long exposure or time-lapse content. So focus on what you want to shoot, knowing that the resulting footage will be stable and ready to use. The gimbal can tilt the camera up to 120° and pan 320° in either direction, providing 640° of yaw rotation.
- Controllable Range: Pitch: -90° to +30°, Pan: ±320°
- Max Controllable Speed: Pitch: 120°/s, Pan: 180°/s
4K Video: Capable of recording 4K (3840 x 2160) videos at up to 30fps. Coupled with a maximum bitrate of an astonishing 2.4Gbps, the 4K videos recorded by the Zenmuse X5 will amaze you with a level of detail and clarity that's absolutely unmatched by any other aerial cam. Videos are recorded in MP4 or MOV (MPEG-4/AVC/H.264F) formats. There are two video recording modes -
- UHD (4K): 4096×2160 (24/25p), 3840×2160 (25/30p)
- FHD (1080p): 1920×1080 (24/25/30/48/50/60p)
16MP Photos: Thanks to its large MFT sensor, the Zenmuse X5 is capable of producing print-ready 16MP still frames with an incredible amount of details. With high quality, high sensitivity image recording capabilities, the Zenmuse X5 captures photographs, in both JPEG and RAW (DNG), that will meet the highest of standards. The extra pixels (25% increase over the original Inspire 1 camera) not only provide you with more detailed images, but also more room to work with in post-processing. P/S/A/M shooting modes are all available, providing you with the freedom to shoot the way you want. You can choose between 4 photography shooting modes -
- Shooting Modes: Single Shot (Normal), Burst (take 3/5/7 shots in a row), Auto Exposure Bracketing (take 3/5 bracketed frames with +/- 0.7EV steps for exposure compensation), or Time-Lapse (take 5/7/10/20/30 second intervals).
- Exposure Modes: Auto (shutter speed/aperture set automatically), Shutter Priority (manually set shutter speed while camera automatically sets aperture), Aperture Priority (manually aperture while camera automatically sets shutter speed), or Manual (manually set shutter speed and aperture).
- Photo Styles: Standard (general purpose for most scenes), Landscape (focus on as much of scene as possible with large depth of field), Soft (suitable for scenes with natural or soft colors), or Custom (manually set sharpness/contrast/saturation).
- White Balance: Auto (auto white balance), Preset Modes (Sunny/Cloudy/Incandescent/Neon), or Custom (2000k-10000K).
- Color: Log, None, Art, B&W, Vivid, Beach, Dream, Classic, or Nostalgia
microSD Card Slot: Captured photos and recorded videos can be stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card (Class 10 or UHS-1; up to 64GB). One 16GB microSD card is included. Up to 36 minutes of 4K Video can be recorded onto a 16GB microSD card, and up to 145 minutes of 4K video onto a 64GB microSD card. The photo and video files can then be downloaded directly to your computer via the camera's microUSB port. One 16GB microSD card is included.DJI GO App: All camera operations are done using the DJI GO app. With an intuitive interface, the DJI GO app enables you to control the Zenmuse X5 camera remotely from your Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.1+ device. You'll be able adjust every setting on the fly, and focus the camera directly on what you want to capture. From 360° camera movements to a full range of manual settings including aperture, focus, shutter speed, and white balance, you are ready to control every aspect of the camera with the DJI GO app.
Interchangeable Lens Mount: As the world's first Micro Four Thirds camera made specifically for professional aerial photography and videography, the Zenmuse X5 gives you the freedom to choose your lens. By utilizing the standard MFT mount, the Zenmuse X5 is well positioned to benefit from new products and innovations from major lens manufacturers. Currently, a range of lenses are compatible with the Zenmuse X5 -
- DJI: MFT 15mm f/1.7 ASPH
- Panasonic: Lumix G Leica DG Summilux15mm f/1.7 ASPH
- Olympus: M. ED 12mm f/2.0, M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8 (requires balancing ring)
Notes: To ensure that the 3-axis gimbal's movements are unrestricted, the lenses are required to fit the gimbal in terms of weight and size. Not all existing MFT lenses fit these requirements, which is why not all MFT lenses are compatible with the Zenmuse X5.