About the DJI Zenmuse Z30
A hardworking, versatile aerial camera that's all business
A hardworking, versatile aerial camera that's all business
If you use your DJI Matrice 100 or Matrice 600 drone for aerial inspections, firefighting, or similar commercial purposes, the DJI Zenmuse Z30 camera can help you get the job done safely and quickly. It's a 1920 x 1080 HD camera with a far-reaching 30X optical zoom lens, mounted on an integrated gimbal that keeps video smooth, and still images sharp.
Convenient app control
The Z30 is compatible with the free DJI GO app, so you can use the drone's remote control (not included) to control the camera. TapZoom lets you enlarge part of an image by tapping your finger on the remote's touchscreen. You'll also have control over exposure modes, white balance, and special photo options like burst and interval shooting.
- integrated HD camera and gimbal for aerial photography and video
- compatible with DJI Matrice 100 and Matrice 600 drones
- maximum video resolution: 1920 x 1080 at 30fps
- 30X optical zoom (6X digital)
- TapZoom lets you enlarge part of an image by tapping your finger on a connected touchscreen (not included)
- f1.6 (wide)-f4.7 (telephoto)
- three-axis image stabilization
- sharp 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor
- still photo modes: single shot, burst, interval
- up to 5 frames per second in burst mode
- shutter speed: 1/30 to 1/6000 sec.
- records to optional MicroSD memory card (maximum capacity of 64 GB)
- 16GB MicroSD card included
- features advanced control of exposure mode and white balance
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 5-7/16"W x 6"H x 2-7/16"D
- weight: 1.2 lbs.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP.ZM.000506
What's in the box:
- Gimbal-mouted aerial zoom camera
- 16GB microSD card
- Quick Start Guide
- Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Zenmuse Z30
Zenmuse Z30: The DJI Zenmuse Z30 is a powerful integrated aerial zoom camera with 30x optical and 6x digital zoom for a total magnification up to 180x. Whether you are inspecting cell towers or wind turbines, it enables you to get a detailed look at structures, wires, modules and components to detect damage. As a result of letting you conduct inspections from a distance without the need to fly close, not only is speed and efficiency of your operations increased but risk of collision is reduced.
Drone Compatibility: The Zenmuse Z30 is designed to seamlessly integrate with DJI's Matrice series aerial drones (sold separately) and DJI's Lightbridge 2 wireless technology, featuring a wireless range up to 3.1 miles (5km). Adapting the Z30 to your existing Matrice series aerial drone is easy thanks to its integrated design. Simply slide the camera in the gimbal-mount and you're ready for take-off. Compatible Matrice Series drones include -
- Matrice 100
- Matrice M200 Series
- Matrice M200 Series V2
- M600 Pro
- Matrice 600 (adapter required and sold separately)
3-Axis Gimbal: Perfectly integrated with the camera, a 3-axis gimbal utilizes DJI's world-leading stabilization technology to automatically stabilize the Z30 camera in flight. This gimbal communicates constantly with the aircraft as you fly, and powerful brushless motors instantly respond to every minor movement to keep the camera level, even when capturing long exposure content. So focus on what you want to shoot, knowing that the resulting footage will be stable and ready to use.
- Angular Vibration Range: ±0.01°
- Controllable Range: Tilt: +40° to -90°, Pan: ±320°
- Mechanical Range: Tilt: +50° to -140°, Pan: ±330°, Roll: +90° to -50°
- Max Controllable Speed: 180°/s
Zoom Camera: The DJI Zenmuse Z30 is equipped with a 1/2.8" CMOS sensor that supports approx. 2.13 million effective pixels. It features an optical zoom lens with 30x optical zoom and 6x digital zoom for a total magnification up to 180x.
Note: When zooming large amounts, micro-movements and aircraft vibration will be magnified, resulting in a slight shake during video capture. However, this will not affect photo capture, therefore long-range zooming is ideal for real-time inspection and photography.
1080p Video: The Zenmuse Z30 is able to record 1080p (25/30p) video in MOV or MP4. You can use the DJI Go App on your compatible smartphone device or the controller of your compatible DJI drone to control video recording.
Still Photography: The DJI Zenmuse Z30 is capable of capturing 2.13 megapixel photos in JPEG. You can use the DJI Go App on your compatible smartphone device or the controller of your compatible DJI drone as the camera's shutter button. The following advanced photography controls can be done through the DJI Go App on your smartphone device or integrated into your drone's remote controller.
- Shooting Modes: Single Shot (Normal), Burst (take 3 or 5 shots in a row), and Interval (take photos in 2/3/4/7/10/150/20/30 second intervals)
- Exposure Modes: Auto (shutter speed/aperture set automatically), Aperture Priority (manually set aperture while camer automatically sets shutter), Shutter Priority (manually set shutter speed while camera automatically sets aperture), or Manual (manually set shutter speed and aperture).
- White Balance: Auto (auto white balance), Preset Modes (Sunny/Cloudy/Incandescent), or Custom (2000k-10000K).
- Center Point: None, Circle, Cross, Narrow Cross, Square, or Bracket.
microSD Card: Video and photos are recorded onto microSD. The Zenmuse Z30 comes with a 16GB microSD card, but also supports microSD cards with a capacity of up to 64GB. DJI recommends using a UHS-1 microSD card to minimize the delay when reading and writing high resolution video data. You can download your photo and video files to your computer via a microSD card reader (sold separately).
DJI Go App: The DJI GO app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) is tightly integrated with the Z30, acting as both a HD live feed to see the camera's image and the primary control system for the camera from your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. It can be used to change camera settings, swipe to zoom in and out, capture photo or video, and activate Intelligent Flight Modes. Photo and video capture as well as zoom can also be controlled through dedicated controls on the Remote Controller of your compatible DJI aerial drone.
Applications: The Zenmuse Z30 is built for different industrial applications including traffic law enforcement, equipment and infrastructure inspection, firefighting, and search and rescue.
- Traffic Law Enforcement: Capture a detailed image of traffic violations from a distance. Tap on the screen and the camera will zoom in to focus on the target vehicle.
- Firefighting: Discover sources of ignition from a distance, measure areas on fire, and maintain safe distances when dealing with explosives.
- Cell Tower Inspection: Zoom in on critical structures for a detailed look, eliminating the risk of close quarters flying.
- Construction Inspection: Pinpoint areas of interest from afar.