About the Sonus Faber Chameleon B
Handcrafted luxury in your choice of colors
This Chameleon B bookshelf speaker stands ready to accept the color side panels of your choice.
Handcrafted luxury in your choice of colors
It's hard not to fall in love with Sonus faber's Chameleon B bookshelf speakers. Why? First there are the beautiful leather-wrapped enclosures and fine Italian craftsmanship that gives them an air of sophistication and quality. Then there are the interchangeable side panels that let you choose among six distinct colors to suit your mood or room décor. Finally there's the sound — rich, powerful, captivating. Far beyond anything you would ever expect coming from a speaker this size.
The Chameleon Bs are ideal for music setups, from a desktop system in your office to a stereo system at home. They're more than dynamic enough for your home theater, too. Combine them with additional Chameleon bookshelf or floor-standing speakers, the Chameleon C center channel speaker, and a powered subwoofer for a spectacular (and colorful) multichannel experience.
Quality design inside and out
Each Chameleon B features a 6" poly cone woofer, so bass sounds deep, natural, and strong. A silk dome tweeter lays on the musical detail without pushing it in your face. Soft, fine-grain leather covers the cabinet, and the drivers' flanges are trimmed in with aluminum rings for an added bit of visual flair. When you heft one in your hands, you can really feel and see the high level of craftsmanship. Even around back, the quality is evident — Sonus faber finished off the Chameleon B with heavy-duty bi-wire/bi-amp capable speaker terminals that allow you to take full advantage of their performance capabilities.
Chameleon B side panels come in your choice of six different colors.
Customize your Chameleons
Every pair of Chameleon B speakers includes a set of interchangeable side panels. Choose from six available colors to match your room décor. Plus, you can purchase additional colors for changing the look of your Chameleons to suit your mood or liven up your room. Swapping panels is easy and takes just a few seconds. Personal customization like this is a rare feature for speakers of this caliber, but it shows how dedicated Sonus faber is to creating speakers that will look just as beautiful in your room as they sound.
- interchangeable side panels let you customize the look of the speakers
- 1 set of panels in your choice of colors is included
- purchase additional side panels to mix or change colors
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 30-150 watts
- 1-1/8" silk soft dome tweeter for smooth, detailed high-frequency response
- 6" polypropylene woofer for dynamic performance and linearity
- contemporary styling with leather-wrapped enclosure
- bass-reflex (bottom ported) cabinet design
- magnetically attached cloth grilles
- dual heavy-duty binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- 7-5/16"W x 12-7/16"H x 11-3/16"D
- weight: 14.8 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Chameleon B
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf speakers
- 2 Black cloth masks (grilles)
- 2 Black fabric dust covers
- Instruction Manual
Sonus Faber Chameleon B Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sonus Faber Chameleon B
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||29mm (1.14")|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||150mm (5.9")|
|Frequency Response||50-25k Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding posts|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28.5|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Sonus faber Chameleon Collection offers interchangeable side panels to let you customize the look to suit your mood or decor. The side panels are available in six colors: white, black, red, orange, metallic gray, and metallic blue. The Chameleon speakers feature leather-covered MDF cabinets with aluminum side walls, and aluminum flanges around all of the drivers. The collection can be configured for stereo listening or for multi-channel home theater.
Note: One set of Chameleon side panels is included in the price of the speakers, but are not packaged in the speaker box. You will need to choose the color of your side panels when you order.
Chameleon B: The Chameleon B bookshelf speaker features a 2-way vented design with a down-firing port. The bottom of the speaker sits on an integrated 3-sided platform that is open to the front for venting the sound. The front baffle is angled for proper time alignment of the drivers. The Chameleon B comes with a cloth mask (grille) that attaches with magnets to the front of the speaker.
Drivers: The Sonus faber Chameleon B is equipped with the following drivers:
- Tweeter: The Chameleon B has a 29mm (1.14") high definition pre-coated fabric dome tweeter with no ferrofluid. The tweeter was designed by Sonus faber.
- Mid-woofer: The speaker features a single 150mm (5.9") polypropylene cone mid-woofer, designed by Sonus faber. It has a free compression basket design for dynamic performance and linearity.
Crossover: The Chameleon B has a 2500 Hz two-way crossover.
Wiring Options: The Sonos faber Chameleon B speakers have two sets of binding post terminals--one for the tweeter and one for the mid-woofer. Metal bridges are placed on the terminals to connect the two positive terminals together and the two negative terminals together. This gives you three options for wiring the speakers:
- Mono Wiring: For mono wiring, the bridges should remain in place. Connect one speaker to the output terminals of the right channel of the amplifier, and the other speaker to the output terminals of the left channel of the amplifier.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring a speaker enhances the general overall quality of the sound, particularly in the bass frequencies. To bi-wire the speakers, the bridges should be removed. Two pairs of speaker wires will be needed to wire one pair of speakers, and each pair of terminals are connected separately to the amplifier.
- Bi-Amplification: Bi-amplification gives you greater dynamics and control over the sound, and allows you to separately increase or decrease the highs and the lows to suit your tastes. Bi-amping requires two stereo amplifiers and two pairs of speaker wires, and the bridges between the terminals should be removed. One amplifier is used to amplify the high frequencies of both left and right channels, with the wires connected to the high frequency terminals of each speaker. The second amplifier is used for the bass frequencies of both left and right channels, and the wires are connected to the low frequency terminals of each speaker.
Dedicated Stand: An optional dedicated speaker stand is available for the Chameleon B speakers. The stand is 12.05" wide x 28.54" high x 14.57" deep.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 25kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 87 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Suggested Amplifier Power Output: 30W - 150W (without clipping)
- Dimensions: Width 7.283" Height 12.421" Depth 11.14"
- Weight: 14 pounds 12.3 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?