About the ELAC Muro™ SUB2010
A robust, slim-profile subwoofer
A robust, slim-profile subwoofer
The ELAC Muro SUB2010 provides plenty of bass from a relatively slim cabinet that allows for versatile placement options. A high-efficiency built-in BASH® amplifier delivers 120 watts of continuous power. The 8-inch side-firing woofer can be placed in an upright vertical orientation, and rubber feet are included so you can turn it on its side and go horizontal. There's even a wall-mounting kit included for added placement options.
Wireless app control
This subwoofer has no external controls. A Bluetooth 4.0 low-energy Android™ or iOS® device is required for setup and operation. The free ELAC SUB Control 2.0 app handles these functions:
- volume level, crossover frequency, phase, and listening presets
- room equalization and auto EQ optimize the subwoofer's performance based on its placement in your room
- parametric EQ offers direct control over the subwoofer's equalization curve
Part of a low-profile ELAC home theater system
The ELAC Muro line includes the OW-V41L on-wall speaker for front left, right, and center applications, and the voice-matched OW-V41S surround speaker. The entire Muro system takes up considerably less space than most conventional speaker setups, and offers a great deal of placement flexibility.
- frequency response: 38-150 Hz
- 8" side-firing cone woofer
- high-efficiency built-in BASH® amplifier delivers 120 watts of continuous power
- free ELAC Sub Control 2.0 app for Android™ or iOS® for setup and operation
- controls room equalization, auto EQ, parametric EQ, volume level, crossover frequency, phase, and listening presets
- no controls on subwoofer; requires iOS or Android device with Bluetooth 4.0
- continuously variable low-pass 40-150 Hz crossover
- LFE/RCA input
- USB port for firmware updates
- thick MDF cabinet walls with vinyl finish
- wall-mounting hardware included
- rubber feet included for horizontal placement
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-7/8"W x 15-1/4"H x 14-1/4"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years speaker, 1 year amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SUB2010-BK
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Cone feet
- 2 Brackets
- 2 Machine screws
- 2 Wood screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Wall anchors
- Operating Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Muro™ SUB2010
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Firing Direction||Side or Down|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-150 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||125|
|Frequency Response||38-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Elac Sub Control 2.0 App: The Elac Muro Series SUB2010 powered subwoofer does away with traditional analog controls. Instead, the powered sub incorporates Elac's advanced digital signal processing (DSP) that is controlled from the Elac Sub Control 2.0 app on your Apple (iOS 9.3+) or Android (OS 5.0+) device, wirelessly over Bluetooth 4.0. From the app on your compatible smartphone or tablet device, you can control the Auto EQ, Parametric EQ, Crossover, Phase, Delay, Volume, & Sound Presets. You will need to pair your compatible Apple iOS or Android device with the Elac powered sub before using the app.
- Auto EQ: The Elac SUB2010 powered sub and the Elac Sub Control 2.0 app are equipped with an easy-to-use and highly sophisticated Auto EQ function to automatically calibrate the EQ curve of the powered sub based on the room environment. Using the built-in microphone of your Apple iOS or Android device, the app calculates the room environment, room frequency response, and the sound reproduction of the sub. Auto room calibration is performed in two steps - first, your smartphone's microphone is placed directly in front of the powered sub for measurement; second, your smartphone is moved to your main listening position for measurement. The app will then calibrate the subwoofer based on these two measurement locations and provide visual parameters of the measured room, along with the automatically calculated EQ curve.
- Parametric EQ: You can also choose to set the powered subwoofer's EQ curve manually by adjusting the Sub Control 2.0 app's parametric EQ. The parametric equalizer gives you the ability to adjust the audio output (within the subwoofer's range) to your preference. The app will let you choose and adjust the center frequency, bandwidth, and gain.
- Low Pass Crossover: The app on your Apple iOS or Android device lets you setup the powered subwoofer's variable low-pass crossover from 40Hz to 150Hz to blend the bass output of the powered sub with the rest of the speakers in your system. If you are using a home theater AV receiver with an LFE output, you will need to set the crossover frequency to "Max" or 150Hz.
- Phase: The Phase setting (0° to 360°) of the app ensures the bass signal reproduces by the powered subwoofer blends seamlessly with the rest of your speakers. When the powered sub and the rest of your speaker system are playing in Phase, bass reproduction sounds uniform.
- Delay: The Delay parameter of the app enables you to delay playback of the subwoofer's audio signal in comparison with the rest of your speaker system and your main listening position. The delay can be set to 1 msec (13") to 20 msec (21.5'). If you are using an AV receiver with an LFE output and its own auto calibration function, then the receiver will set the delay time internally, so the SUB Control's Delay parameter should be set to "minimum" or 0.
- Volume Level: The volume control of the Elac Sub Control 2.0 app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device allows you to sets the subwoofer's output level relative to the output of the other speakers in your system for a well-balanced sound. You also mute and un-mute the volume of the powered sub from the app.
- Sound Presets: From the Sub Control 2.0 app on your smartphone or tablet, you can choose from 4 different sound preset modes to suit your application, need, or preference. Select Normal for most applications, select Music to add subtle emphasis to the low bass range, choose Cinema to slightly boost the bass frequencies around 50Hz, or choose Night to reduce the maximum dynamic range and volume for late night enjoyment.
Note: There are no physical controls on the front or back of this powered subwoofer. The Elac Sub Control 2.0 app and a compatible Bluetooth 4.0 LE enabled Apple (iOS 9.3+) or Android (OS 5.0+) device is required for setup and operation of this powered sub.
125W BASH Amplifier: The Elac Muro Series SUB2010 employs a BASH tracking amplifier rated at 125W RMS and 250W Peak. Unlike conventional amplifiers, BASH amplifiers track the input signal and adjust the available supply voltage to a traditional Class AB amplifier. This makes the amplifier incredibly efficient, but also provides the on-demand power needed for dynamic movies and music.
8" Polypropylene Cone Woofer: A long-throw 8" polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround and steel basket provides the quality and quantity of bass that is fundamental to accurately reproducing today's demanding movie soundtracks and music.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Elac Muro Series SUB2010 utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with a front-firing port for added efficiency and bigger bass response. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with an internal horizontal brace to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a black or white vinyl. A cloth grille is included to protect the 8" woofer.
Wired or Wireless Connectivity: The Elac Muro Series SUB2010 features LFE/RCA inputs for a wired connection to your AV receiver or integrated amplifier, as well as the option for a wireless connection to you AV or stereo gear (optional wireless transmitter sold separately).
- LFE/RCA Input: The SUB2010 powered sub is outfitted with a stereo RCA input for connection to your stereo receiver or integrated amplifier. The "right" RCA input can also be used solely as a LFE input for connection to your AV receiver or surround processor/preamplifier.
- AirX2 Wireless Ready: The SUB2010 features a built-in wireless receiver that is compatible with Elac's AirX² wireless audio transmitter (sold separately) that allows low-frequency audio from your receiver, amplifier, or preamplifier to be transmitted wirelessly to the Elac Muro Series sub. Your receiver, amplifier, or preamplifier must be equipped with a stereo RCA subwoofer output or LFE output.
Auto Power On/Off: The SUB2010 powered subwoofer will detect when an audio signal is being sent to the amplifier and will power on. Also, to conserve energy, the powered subwoofer will power off after 15 minutes of no audio signal and inactivity. On back of the powered subwoofer is a LED that will illuminate blue to indicate that the powered sub is turned on; there will be no illumination when the subwoofer is turned off or in standby mode.
Mounting Options: The Elac Muro Series SUB2010 offers flexible mounting options. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally on the floor, as well as mounted vertically on a wall. The SUBU2010 comes with rectangular rubber feet pre-installed for vertical position on the floor. The powered sub also comes with rubber cone feet that allow it to be mounted horizontally on the floor (the pre-installed rubber feet will need to be removed). In addition, the included brackets and hardware allow you to wall-mount the subwoofer vertically.
- Vertical Dimensions: 5.3125" (w) x 15.25" (h) x 15.9375" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 14.1875" (w) x 6.25" (h) x 15.9375" (d)
- Wall-Mount Dimensions: 6.1875" (w) x 14.1875" (h) x 15.9375" (d)
Note: Proper subwoofer placement can take some trial and error. In many cases, the best position for the powered sub is in the front corner of the room. If placing the subwoofer in the corner creates an abnormal amount of bass, you can try moving the subwoofer to one of the side walls near the front of the room.
Muro Series: The Muro Series by Elac offers a variety of ways to create a modern and minimalistic home theater speaker system in your home that sounds immersive and enveloping. The Muro Series consists of two passive soundbar loudspeakers (MSB41S/MSB41L), an on-wall LCR loudspeaker (OW-V41L), an on-wall surround loudspeaker (OW-V41S), and two powered subwoofers (SUB2010/SUB2020). A satin black or white painted finish gives the Muro Series speaker line-up a luxurious look to fit into practically any decor.