About the ELAC Debut A4
Add Dolby Atmos® with these high-value speakers
Add Dolby Atmos® with these high-value speakers
Want to take your home theater's soundstage all the way to the ceiling? Add Dolby Atmos to your system with the ELAC Debut A4 speaker modules. These add-on speakers sit on top of your floor-standing or bookshelf speakers. Together with an Atmos compatible home theater receiver, these speakers add another level of realism and excitement to movies, concerts, and sporting events in your home theater.
The A4's drivers are angled toward the ceiling. That means they can bounce sound off of your ceiling, giving you huge sound. Atmos can even place sounds more accurately in your listening space, for outstanding realism and detail.
A legendary speaker designer strikes again
Andrew Jones made a name for himself designing phenomenal high-end speakers. Lately, he's turned his attention toward creating speakers that offer excellent performance at very affordable prices. The Debut A4 speakers are his latest triumph. They're a perfect match for ELAC's Debut B5 or B6 bookshelf speakers — also designed by Jones.
- Dolby Atmos enabled speaker modules
- designed to sit on top of front speakers such as the ELAC B6 speakers
- 4" woven aramid-fiber cone
- 1/2" polymer aluminum dome tweeter
- drivers are angled up to reflect sound off the ceiling for overhead effects
- binding post speaker terminals
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- frequency response: 180-20,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-80 watts
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- 7-15/16"W x 4-7/8"H x 8-15/16"D
- weight: 5.2 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DA41-BK
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos enabled speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Operating Instructions
ELAC Debut A4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Debut A4
Dolby Atmos Loudspeaker: The Elac Debut A4 has been specifically designed to be used as the "elevation" or "height" speaker in a Dolby Atmos system from 5.1.2 to 7.1.4. The A4's constructions & performance characteristics follow the strict guidelines set by Dolby in order to deliver a true Dolby Atmos experience. The Elac Debut A4 fires sound toward the ceiling which is then reflected to the main listening area to create the height information embedded into Dolby Atmos soundtrack.
Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos takes surround sound to a completely new level, by adding the third dimension of height to the two dimensional front/back left/right 5.1 or 7.1 sound mix. In Dolby Atmos, the floor speakers create the sound "bed" and the Dolby Atmos enabled elevation speakers are fed a separate, discrete signal to move "sound objects" around the room with pinpoint accuracy. The effect is totally convincing, and really elevates the home cinema experience to new heights.
Note: A Dolby Atmos AV receiver or processor (sold separately) will be required for Dolby Atmos surround.
Two-Way Coaxial Driver Design: The Elac Debut A4 Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker features a two-way coaxial driver design with a 0.5" tweeter, 4" woofers, and a 2,000Hz crossover. The tweeter is positioned in the center of the woofer cone. Both the tweeter and woofer have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts
- Polymer Dome Tweeter: The Debut A4 features a coaxially mounted 0.5" polymer dome tweeter for crisp, clear highs.
- Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofer: The Dolby Atmos enabled speaker features a single 4" woven aramid-fiber cone woofer with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. Woven aramid fiber offers a superior stiffness-to-weight ratio and damping over common polypropylene or paper cones. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom seven-element crossover (2,000Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter and woofer.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Cabinet: The Elac Debut A4 Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker uses an acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet for tight, accurate midbass performance. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard), helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a textured vinyl black finish. Detachable metal grilles are included.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Elac Debut series A4 is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Applications: The Elac Debut series A4 can be used in 5.1.2, 5.1.4, and 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos configurations. Make sure to following mounting, placement, and room requirements for best performance.
- Mounting Options: The A4 is designed to set on top of the Debut Elac B5/B6 bookshelf or F5/F6 floorstanding loudspeakers, matching perfectly. It can also be used with other brands of conventional bookshelf or floorstanding speakers that feature a flat top-panel on the speaker cabinet.
- Placement: For optimal effect and to minimize direct radiating audio at listener level, place the Dolby Atmos enabled speakers at or slight above the height of your ears when seated. Avoid placing the Dolby Atmos enabled speakers higher than one-half the height of your wall. The Dolby Atmos enabled speakers should be placed no closer than 3' from the main listening position; ideally they should be positioned 5' or more away.
- Room Height: For optimal performance, the ceiling should be flat, (not angled or vaulted), with a height of 14' or less, and made of an acoustically reflective material; such as drywall, plaster, or hardwood. The ideal ceiling height is between 7.5' and 12'. Sound-absorbing and sound-diffusing treatment for handling unwanted reflections from the walls and floor is recommend to improve sound quality and system performance.
Elac Debut Series: The Elac Debut series family of loudspeakers consists of two bookshelf speakers, two floorstanding speaker, a center-channel speaker, a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker, and two powered subs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked