About the ELAC Debut 2.0 A4.2
3-dimensional ELAC sound
3-dimensional ELAC sound
Building a Dolby Atmos® home theater system with ELAC's popular line of Debut 2.0 Series speakers? Use these compact "toppers" to experience overhead sound effects without having to install in-ceiling speakers.
Each A4.2 sits on top of a compatible Debut 2.0 bookshelf or floor-standing speaker. An upward-firing 4" aramid-fiber woofer and 1/2" polymer dome tweeter in each cabinet reflect sound off the ceiling for immersive overhead effects. A home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos is required for operation.
- pair of Dolby Atmos enabled speaker modules
- designed to sit on top of front-channel ELAC Debut 2.0 bookshelf or floor-standing speakers
- drivers are angled upward to reflect sound off the ceiling for overhead effects
- 4" woven aramid-fiber woofer
- 1/2" polymer dome tweeter
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- frequency response: 180-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 80 watts
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 7-1/8"W x 5"H x 9-3/8"D
- weight: 5.5 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DA42-BK
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos enabled speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Operating Instructions
ELAC Debut 2.0 A4.2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Debut 2.0 A4.2
Dolby Atmos Loudspeaker: The Elac Debut DA42 has been specifically designed to be used as the "elevation" or "height" speaker in a Dolby Atmos system from 5.1.2 to 7.1.4. The DA42 's constructions & performance characteristics follow the strict guidelines set by Dolby in order to deliver a true Dolby Atmos experience. The Elac Debut DA42 fires sound toward the ceiling which is then reflected to the main listening area to create the height information embedded into Dolby Atmos soundtrack.
Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos takes surround sound to a completely new level, by adding the third dimension of height to the two dimensional front/back left/right 5.1 or 7.1 sound mix. In Dolby Atmos, the floor speakers create the sound "bed" and the Dolby Atmos enabled elevation speakers are fed a separate, discrete signal to move "sound objects" around the room with pinpoint accuracy. The effect is totally convincing, and really elevates the home cinema experience to new heights.
Note: A Dolby Atmos AV receiver or processor (sold separately) will be required for Dolby Atmos surround.
Two-Way Coaxial Driver Design: The Elac Debut DA42 Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker features a two-way coaxial driver design with a 0.5" tweeter, 4" woofers, and a 2,000Hz crossover. The tweeter is positioned in the center of the woofer cone. Both the tweeter and woofer have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts
- Polymer Dome Tweeter: The Debut DA42 features a coaxially mounted 0.5" polymer dome tweeter for crisp, clear highs.
- Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofer: The Dolby Atmos enabled speaker features a single 4" woven aramid-fiber cone woofer with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. Woven aramid fiber offers a superior stiffness-to-weight ratio and damping over common polypropylene or paper cones. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom seven-element crossover (2,000Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter and woofer.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Cabinet: The Elac Debut DA42 Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker uses an acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet for tight, accurate midbass performance. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard), helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a wood-grain vinyl black finish. Detachable metal grilles are included.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Elac Debut series DA42 is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Applications: The Elac Debut series DA42 can be used in 5.1.2, 5.1.4, and 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos configurations. Make sure to following mounting, placement, and room requirements for best performance.
- Mounting Options: The DA42 is designed to set on top of the Debut Elac DF52/DF62 floorstanding speakers or (DB52/DB62 bookshelf speakers, matching perfectly. It can also be used with other brands of conventional bookshelf or floorstanding speakers that feature a flat top-panel on the speaker cabinet.
- Placement: For optimal effect and to minimize direct radiating audio at listener level, place the Dolby Atmos enabled speakers at or slight above the height of your ears when seated. Avoid placing the Dolby Atmos enabled speakers higher than one-half the height of your wall. The Dolby Atmos enabled speakers should be placed no closer than 3' from the main listening position; ideally they should be positioned 5' or more away.
- Room Height: For optimal performance, the ceiling should be flat, (not angled or vaulted), with a height of 14' or less, and made of an acoustically reflective material; such as drywall, plaster, or hardwood. The ideal ceiling height is between 7.5' and 12'. Sound-absorbing and sound-diffusing treatment for handling unwanted reflections from the walls and floor is recommend to improve sound quality and system performance.
Note: The DA4.2 speakers are specifically designed for use as Dolby Atmos enabled speakers. They cannot be used as traditional speakers; doing so will damage the speakers.
Elac Debut 2.0 Series: The Elac Debut 2.0 series family of loudspeakers consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (DF52/DF62), two bookshelf loudspeakers (DB52/DB62), two center-channel loudspeakers (DC52/DC62), a Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker (DA42), and two powered subs (S10EQ/S12EQ).
The ELAC Debut 2.0 A4.2 replaces these items
- drivers are angled up to reflect sound off the ceiling for overhead effects
- add-on modules for Dolby Atmos playback
- 1/2" polymer aluminum dome tweeter and 4" woven aramid-fiber mid/bass cone driver
3 questions already asked