About the ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2
Budget-friendly audio gems
Budget-friendly audio gems
ELAC has been one of our best-selling home speaker brands ever since we brought them on board a few years ago. And for good reason — the company builds great-sounding speakers starting at surprisingly affordable prices. The Debut 2.0 B5.2 bookshelf speakers are both easy on the wallet and a pleasure to listen to.
These speakers are part of ELAC's newly redesigned Debut 2.0 speaker family. They're taller and more slender than the original B5s, featuring an improved 1" silk dome tweeter for extended high-frequency response, and an updated 5-1/4" aramid-fiber woofer that dishes out smooth mids and bass.
ELAC's B5.2 bookshelf speakers use high-quality parts that are designed in-house by Andrew Jones.
No off-the-shelf parts
Fans of ELAC know that renowned speaker designer Andrew Jones has been at the helm of the Debut series since the beginning. Jones himself designs the magnets, woofers, crossovers, and enclosures for each Debut speaker, which allows for high-quality components without the added cost of outsourcing parts and supplies.
Great for music and movies
These compact speakers are front-ported — another improvement over the original Debut B5 — making them easy to place in a cabinet or on a shelf. Use them as part of a stereo music system for smallish rooms, or team up a couple of pairs with a Debut center channel and subwoofer for a dynamic, not-crazy-expensive home theater system.
- 1" silk dome tweeter with wide-dispersion waveguide for smooth, accurate highs and extended high-frequency response
- 5-1/4" aramid-fiber woofer with oversized magnet and vented pole piece for punchy bass and midrange
- frequency response: 46-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 120 watts
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with front-firing port for flexible placement against a wall or bookshelf
- thick MDF cabinet walls with black ash vinyl finish
- cabinet walls are internally braced for reduced resonance and improved stability
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 7-1/8"W x 13-7/16"H x 10-1/16"D
- weight: 13 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DB52-BK
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Operating Instructions
ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Aramid-Fiber|
|Power Range||up to 120|
|Frequency Response||46-35k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-28|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB52 bookshelf loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, one 5.25" woofer, and a 2,200Hz crossover. Both the tweeter and woofer have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts
- Cloth Dome Tweeter w/ Wave Guide: The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter features a wide-roll surround that improves power handling and a waveguide that improves directivity control by eliminating cabinet diffraction inherent in traditional box enclosures. The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter candle handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz.
- Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofer: The bookshelf speaker features a single 5.25" woven aramid-fiber cone woofer with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. The revised shape of the aramid cone offers even greater stiffness and damping; far superior to polypropylene or paper. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended low-frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom seven-element crossover (2,200Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter and woofer.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB52 bookshelf loudspeaker uses a bass reflex cabinet with a front-firing flared port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. Moving the bass port to the front of the cabinet means placement against walls or in bookshelves won't compromise performance. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a black ash wood-grain vinyl finish. A detachable cloth grille is included.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB52 bookshelf loudspeaker is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Applications: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB52 bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or used as your front speakers and/or rear surround speakers in a multichannel home theater application.
- 2Ch Stereo or Front Speaker Placement: For optimum stereo imaging, place the speakers so that an equilateral triangle is created between the speakers your main listening position. You can also angle ("toe in") the speakers towards the listening position to gain a more focused central image.
- Rear Surround Placement: In a 5.1channel surround setup, avoid placing the speakers forward of your listening position. The speakers should be spread apart wider than the front speakers. In addition, try to elevate the speakers to the same height or slightly higher as the front speakers for the most enveloping soundfield.
Note: In either application, the speakers should be placed 1' to 2' away from boundaries such as wall and corners. Close proximity to a side or rear wall will enhance bass performance, but being too close may result in bass that is unnatural.
Mounting Options: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB52 bookshelf loudspeaker can simply be placed on a flat surface; like a table-top, stand, or shelf. The bookshelf speaker does not include a bracket, key-hole slot, or threaded insert for wall-mounting.
Elac Debut 2.0 Series: The Elac Debut 2.0 series family of loudspeakers consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (DF52/DF62), two bookshelf loudspeakers (DB52/DB62), two center-channel loudspeakers (DC52/DC62), a Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker (DA42), and two powered subs (S10EQ/S12EQ).
The ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2 replaces these items
- 1" silk dome tweeter with deep spheroid waveguide for improved sound dispersion
- custom-designed 5-1/4" woofer with woven aramid-fiber cone for smooth punchy bass and midrange
- frequency response: 46-20,000 Hz
3 questions already asked