About the ELAC Debut Reference DCR52
Superb center channel sound
Superb center channel sound
Whenever I sit down in front of my home theater system to watch a movie or sci-fi series, the center channel speaker plays an important role. Dialogue is crucial — and that's why if you're building an ELAC Debut Reference Series surround sound system, the DCR52 is worth the investment.
This handsome center channel is voice-matched to the other speakers in the Debut Reference lineup, so you'll enjoy seamless sound as the action moves around your room.
Use the DCR52 as part of a high-performance Debut Reference home theater system (shown in walnut/black with the magnetic grille removed).
Building on ELAC's hugely popular Debut speakers
Debut Series speakers have been a Crutchfield customer favorite over the last few years. The Debut Reference DCR52 offers even better sound than previous models, thanks in part to a newly designed tweeter waveguide for smooth, accurate highs and extended high-frequency response.
Dual 5-1/4" aramid fiber midrange/bass drivers deliver tight, clean bass and smooth midrange performance with dialogue and center-stage sound effects.
Flexible placement options
This speaker features dual front-firing slot ports that help reinforce bass output. They also allow for flexible placement. You can put the DCR52 right up against a wall or entertainment cabinet and still get great sound — something that's hard to do with a center channel that has rear-firing ports.
The Debut Reference DCR52 doesn't include any speaker wire. Consider reading our article on choosing and installing speaker wire to find the best option for your system.
- 1" cloth dome tweeter with waveguide for smooth, accurate highs
- dual 5-1/4" aramid fiber midrange/bass drivers with cast chassis
- frequency response: 55-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 120 watts
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with dual front-firing ports for flexible placement against a wall
- oak vinyl finish with white baffle
- removable magnetic cloth grille
- 20-3/4"W x 9-9/16"H x 7-5/16"D
- weight: 22.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DCR52-W
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Operating Instructions
ELAC Debut Reference DCR52 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Debut Reference DCR52
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Power Range||up to 120|
|Frequency Response||55-35k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Elac Debut Reference series DCR52 center-channel loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, two 5.25" woofers, and a 2,200Hz crossover. The tweeter and woofers have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts.
- 1" Cloth Dome Tweeter with Waveguide: The 1" cloth dome tweeter can handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz for excellent reproduction of high resolution audio. The tweeter features a newly developed waveguide combined with a more open grill design that enhances upper high frequency response. The tweeter's wide-roll surround improves its power handling capabilities.
- Dual 5.25" Aramid Fiber Cone Woofers: The two 5.25" woven aramid fiber cone woofers provide a winning combination of strength and damping, ideal properties for superior performance and resonance control. A woven fiber spider allows for good linearity along with well-behaved stability at high excursion; while butyl rubber is chosen for its inherent damping and flexibility, plus its resistance to UV and moisture guarantee long term durability. Its cast chassis provides improved stiffness for both strengthening the front baffle and minimizing chassis resonances. Oversized ceramic magnets produce high motor strength for powerful bass reproduction, while the top and bottom plates are constructed from low carbon steel for high magnetic conductivity to maximize flux density.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Elac Debut Reference DCR52 employs a bass reflex cabinet with a two dual-flared front-firing slot vents that allows for lower noise and higher bass output for improved bass dynamics. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet. A new full perimeter brace that joins the top and the side panels significantly lessens cabinet vibrations, reducing cabinet coloration. An acoustically transparent magnetic cloth grille is also included.
5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The Elac Debut Reference Series DCR52 center-channel loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way, gold-plated binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). The gold-plated binding posts provide excellent audio signal transfer and resist corrosion.
Placement & Mounting Options: The center-channel speaker should be placed directly above or below the center of your TV screen. It can rest on a flat surface like a table top, shelf, or stand. Try to keep the center-channel as close to the same level as your front speakers for a more even soundstage. If this is not possible, you might try tilting the center speaker up (if too low) or down (if too high) to aim it wards the listening area. The speaker should be positioned approximately 1' to 2' away from boundaries, such as walls or corners.
Note: The center speaker does not include a bracket, key-hole slot, or threaded insert for wall-mounting.
Elac Debut Reference Series: Building on the iconic status of Elac's Debut Series, the new Debut Reference line-up brings significant acoustical and visual advancements. Designed to blend with traditional or contemporary styles, the Debut Reference sounds as great as it looks. The Debut Reference Series consists of a floorstanding loudspeaker (DFR52), bookshelf loudspeaker (DBR62), and center-channel loudspeaker (DCR52) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add an Elac powered subwoofer (SUB310 or SUB312 - sold separately) to the Debut Reference Series loudspeakers for bigger, deeper, and more dynamic bass response when watching movies and listening to music.