About the ELAC Debut Reference DFR52
Add some soul to your system
Add some soul to your system
I love floor-standing speakers — they produce big sound that can fill even large rooms. Plus, they look really cool! ELAC's Debut Reference DFR52 floor-stander shines on both fronts.
This elegant tower sports a 1" cloth dome tweeter for extended high-frequency response. It's paired with a trio of 5-1/4" aramid-fiber woofers for smooth midrange and punchy bass.
Use a pair of the DFR52's as part of a soulful stereo or Debut Reference Series home theater system with confidence.
Custom-built for excellent sound
Fans of ELAC know that renowned speaker designer Andrew Jones has been at the helm of the Debut series since the beginning. Jones himself designs the magnets, woofers, crossovers, and enclosures for each Debut speaker, which allows for high-quality components without the added cost of outsourcing parts and supplies.
A high-quality crossover directs traffic
One of the DFR52's performance secrets is its custom-designed multi-element crossover. Jones uses this important component to ensure smooth frequency distribution between each of the drivers. The result is full, natural sound from a floor-stander that won't wreak havoc on your budget.
- 3-way, 4-driver design
- 1" cloth dome tweeter with newly designed waveguide for smooth, accurate highs and extended high-frequency response
- 5-1/4" aramid fiber midrange driver with cast chassis for smooth, accurate midrange performance
- dual 5-1/4" aramid fiber woofers with cast chassis for tight, clean bass
- frequency response: 42-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 140 watts
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet
- dual rear-firing ports for increased bass performance
- front-firing slotted vent reduces port noise and improves bass extension
- cabinet walls are internally braced for reduced resonance and improved stability
- oak vinyl finish with white baffle
- removable magnetic cloth grille
- 9-1/8"W x 40-9/16"H x 11-1/8"D
- weight: 36.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DFR52-W
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Outrigger feet (spikes installed)
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Dials
- 8 Screws
- Operating Instructions
ELAC Debut Reference DFR52 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Debut Reference DFR52
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Composition||Aramid fiber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Power Range||up to 140|
|Frequency Response||42-35k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Three-Way Driver Design: The Elac Debut Reference series DFR52 floorstanding loudspeaker features a three-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, one 5.25" midrange driver, two 5.25" bass woofers, and a 90/2200Hz crossover network. The tweeter, midrange driver, and woofers have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts.
- 1" Cloth Dome Tweeter with Waveguide: The 1" cloth dome tweeter can handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz for excellent reproduction of high resolution audio. The tweeter features a newly developed waveguide combined with a more open grill design that enhances upper high frequency response. The tweeter's wide-roll surround improves its power handling capabilities.
- 5.25" Aramid Fiber Cone Woofers: The 5.25" midrange driver and two 5.25" bass woofers use a woven aramid fiber cone that offers a winning combination of strength and damping, ideal properties for superior performance and resonance control. A woven fiber spider allows for good linearity along with well-behaved stability at high excursion; while butyl rubber is chosen for its inherent damping and flexibility, plus its resistance to UV and moisture guarantee long term durability. Its cast chassis provides improved stiffness for both strengthening the front baffle and minimizing chassis resonances. Oversized ceramic magnets produce high motor strength for powerful bass reproduction, while the top and bottom plates are constructed from low carbon steel for high magnetic conductivity to maximize flux density.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Elac Debut Reference DFR52 employs a bass reflex cabinet with a new dual-flared front-firing slot vent and two rear-firing ports that allow for lower noise and higher bass output for improved bass dynamics. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet. A new full perimeter brace that joins the top and the side panels significantly lessens cabinet vibrations, reducing cabinet coloration. An acoustically transparent magnetic cloth grille is also included.
5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The Elac Debut Reference Series DFR52 floorstanding loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way, gold-plated binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). The gold-plated binding posts provide excellent audio signal transfer and resist corrosion.
Mounting Options: The Elac DFR52 comes with four outrigger feet that must be installed to the bottom of the speaker cabinet using the supplied hardware. The outrigger feet have integrated spikes for placing the floorstanding speaker on carpeted flooring. The included rubber feet can be placed under the spikes to protect your hardwood, ceramic, vinyl, laminte, and tile flooring. The spikes are adjustable to accommodate unlevel floors.
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 9.125" (w) x 40.5625" (h) x 11.125" (d)
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 9.125" (w) x 40.8125" (h) x 11.125" (d)
Note: The floorstanding speaker should always be used with the outrigger feet installed for optimum sound quality and maximum stability.
Applications: The Elac DFR52 floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or used as your front speakers and/or rear surround speakers in a multichannel home theater application.
- 2Ch Stereo or Front Speaker Placement: For the best results with realistic stereo imaging and lifelike sound, place the speakers so that an equilateral triangle is created between the speakers your main listening position. You can also angle ("toe-in") the speakers toward the listening position to gain a more focused central image.
- Rear Surround Placement: In a 5.1channel surround setup, avoid placing the speakers forward of your listening position.The speakers should be spread apart wider than the front speakers. You may also need to angle ("toe-in") the speakers toward the main listening area for better surround imaging.
Note: In either application, the speakers should be placed 1' to 2' away from boundaries such as wall and corners. Close proximity to a side or rear wall will enhance bass performance, but being too close (particularly in a corner) may result in bass that is unnatural. If a corner location is unavoidable, try to position the speaker so that the distance to the rear wall is not equal to the distance to the side wall.
Elac Debut Reference Series: Building on the iconic status of Elac's Debut Series, the new Debut Reference line-up brings significant acoustical and visual advancements. Designed to blend with traditional or contemporary styles, the Debut Reference sounds as great as it looks. The Debut Reference Series consists of a floorstanding loudspeaker (DFR52), bookshelf loudspeaker (DBR62), and center-channel loudspeaker (DCR52) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add an Elac powered subwoofer (SUB310 or SUB312 - sold separately) to the Debut Reference Series loudspeakers for bigger, deeper, and more dynamic bass response when watching movies and listening to music.
1 question already asked