About the ELAC Debut 2.0 OW4.2
Stealthy Debut Series sound
Stealthy Debut Series sound
ELAC's Debut 2.0 Series speakers offer an affordable gateway into great home theater sound. Their slim OW4.2 on-wall speakers let you add side- or rear-surround channels to your system without taking up a ton of space. A 4" woven aramid-fiber woofer and 1" silk dome tweeter in each cabinet let you hear every detail from movie and video game soundtracks.
Ready to mount
These slim speakers come with wall-mount brackets in the box, so you have everything you need to mount them to your wall. (And here's a tip: if you'll be placing these speakers on a shelf, turn 'em upside down so that the down-firing port has room to breathe — they'll sound better that way).
Custom-built for excellent sound
Fans of ELAC know that renowned speaker designer Andrew Jones has been at the helm of the Debut series since the beginning. Jones himself designs the magnets, woofers, crossovers, and enclosures for each Debut speaker, which allows for high-quality components without the added cost of outsourcing parts and supplies.
- slim design for use as wall-mounted side or rear surround speakers
- 1" silk dome tweeter with wide-dispersion waveguide for smooth, accurate highs and extended high-frequency response
- 4" aramid-fiber woofer with oversized magnet for punchy midrange
- frequency response: 70-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 80 watts
- bass reflex cabinet with bottom-firing port
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- thick MDF cabinet walls with black ash vinyl finish
- 7-7/8"W x 12-7/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 7.9 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DOW42-BK
What's in the box:
- 2 On-wall loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 4 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- 4 Anchors
- Operating Instructions
ELAC Debut 2.0 OW4.2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Debut 2.0 OW4.2
Features & specs
|Number of Speakers||2|
|Wall mount||Fixed bracket|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Aramid-Fiber|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Power Range||up to 80|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DOW42 on-wall loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, one 4" woofer, and a 2,500Hz crossover. Both the tweeter and woofer have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts
- Cloth Dome Tweeter w/ Wave Guide: The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter features a wide-roll surround that improves power handling and a waveguide that improves directivity control by eliminating cabinet diffraction inherent in traditional box enclosures. The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter candle handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz.
- Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofer: The on-wall speaker features a single 4" woven aramid-fiber cone woofer with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. The revised shape of the aramid cone offers even greater stiffness and damping; far superior to polypropylene or paper. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended low-frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom seven-element crossover (2,500Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter and woofer.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DOW42 on-wall loudspeaker uses a bass reflex cabinet with two top-firing flared ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a black ash wood-grain vinyl finish. A detachable cloth grille is included.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DOW42 on-wall loudspeaker is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Placement & Mounting Options: The Elac OW4.2 on-wall speakers are designed as either on-wall surround speakers, on-wall front channels speakers, or on-wall side channel speakers. Mounting brackets are included to hang the Elac OW 4.2 speakers on your wall (screws for mounting the brackets to the wall are not included). You can also choose to place the DOW42 speakers on a flat surface, like a stand or shelf.
Elac Debut 2.0 Series: The Elac Debut 2.0 series family of loudspeakers consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (DF52/DF62), two bookshelf loudspeakers (DB52/DB62), two center-channel loudspeakers (DC52/DC62), a Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker (DA42), and two powered subs (S10EQ/S12EQ).
9 questions already asked