About the ELAC EA101EQ-G
Audiophile sound made affordable and friendly
The ELAC EA101EQ-G integrated amplifier lets you set up a brilliant two-channel system for music and TV sound.
Audiophile sound made affordable and friendly
ELAC's EA101EQ-G integrated amplifier has everything you need to set up a budget-friendly audiophile sound system. An innovative control app lets you fine-tune the sound to near perfection. This amp makes a great choice for a stereo system devoted to music. Built-in Bluetooth with aptX® lets you stream any songs you listen to on your phone or tablet with near-CD sound quality.
Or hook it up to your TV for clear, spacious sound from your favorite movies and shows. Connect a good pair of speakers and a subwoofer, and you'll have a system that way outperforms most sound bars.
Building a system from scratch?
A clever control app
ELAC's app for iOS® and Android® has some unique features you won't find on other control apps. You can use it to rename each input to match your connected source. The revised name appears both in the app and on the EA101EQ-G's front-panel display. The app's remote learning function lets you teach the amp to respond to your favorite IR remote control. The app also has a powerful calibration feature to dial in the right sound for your speakers and space.
Room calibration done right
One of the biggest challenges of two-channel audio is the proper integration of the subwoofer with the main speakers. Typical room correction systems don't take into account the design limitations of connected subwoofers or speakers. ELAC's ABC (Auto Blend & Calibrate) technology lets you use the app to measure the near-field response of your main speakers and subwoofer, to pinpoint the best crossover frequency for the subwoofer. Room Calibration optimizes your system for your listening position and environment.
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (1,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD
- 80 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (1,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- BASH Tracking class AB amplifier with switched mode power supply for maximum efficiency and low heat output
- built-in 24-bit/192kHz DAC
- asynchronous USB technology for reduced timing jitter and better sound
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible device
- aptX encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible Bluetooth devices
- app control with Android™ and iOS® devices (iOS app available mid-December 2016)
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- ABC (Auto Blend and Calibrate) room correction optimizes sound for your listening position and environment
- USB (Type B) input for connecting a computer
- 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital audio inputs
- 2 stereo RCA audio inputs
- full-size (1/4-inch) headphone jack
- binding post speaker terminals
- preamp output for a powered subwoofer
- frequency response 20-40,000 Hz ± 1.8dB
- signal-to-noise ratio: 101dB
- detachable power cord
- 8-3/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 11-5/8"D
- weight: 5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EA-101EQ-G
What's in the box:
- Stero integrated amplifier
- 4' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Operating Instructions
ELAC EA101EQ-G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC EA101EQ-G
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||40|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||80|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||101|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||PCM|
|Total Analog Inputs||2|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
BASH Digital Fidelity Tracking Amplifier: At the heart of the ELAC EA101EQ-G stereo integrated amplifier is a brand new BASH Tracking Amplifier capable of delivering 40W per channel into 8Ω speakers and 80W per channel into 4Ω speakers. This new amplifier uses a modulated switched mode power supply joined to a conventional class AB amplifier. Switching at more than 400,000x per second, the supply tracks the incoming audio signal to ensure that the Class AB amplifier gets only the voltage necessary (with a little headroom) to cope with today's dynamic movie and music content, thus maximizing the efficiency and potential of the amplifier.
- Power Output Continuous:
- 8Ω: 40 watts 2 channels @ 1kHz (0.3% THD)
- 4Ω: 80 watts x 2 channels @ 1kHz (0.7% THD)
- 2Ω: 70 watts x 2channels @ 1kHz
- Power Output Burst:
- 8Ω: 65 watts 2 channels @ 1kHz
- 4Ω: 120 watts x 2 channels @ 1kHz
- 2Ω: 170 watts x 2channels @ 1kHz
ABC Technology (Auto Blend & Calibrate): The companion iOS and Android app (see EA101EQ-G App section below for more details) measures the near-field response of main speakers and subwoofer, then pinpoints the subwoofer's optimal crossover frequency. Auto Blend results in the perfect integration of clean, articulate bass. Room Calibration precisely tailors your system for flattest frequency response across the audio spectrum, optimized for your listening position and environment.
Bluetooth 4.0 w/ aptX: The ELAC integrated amplifier features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 w/ aptX. You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth source device (such as an Apple iOS device Android OS smartphone/tablet, Windows PC or Mac laptop) to the ELAC integrated amp. You can pair up to two devices to the ELAC EA101EQ-G. However, only one can be used for music playback at a time.
- SBC & aptX Codecs: In addition to the standard SBC codec, the EA101EQ-G amplifier supports aptX for wireless "CD-quality" music streaming from compatible Android OS 4.0+ devices and other Bluetooth source device (Apple iOS devices are not compatible with aptX).
- Basic Control: You can control basic playback functions like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the included IR remote. Advanced music navigation and song/artist/album info display will still be done from your Bluetooth source device.
Note: The ELAC EA101EQ-G does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone calls.
Asynchronous USB-B Input: The EA101EQ-G features an asynchronous USB-B 2.0 input for connection to your Windows PC or Mac computer, so you can play your digital music library through the ELAC integrated amplifier. The integrated amp's asynchronous USB-B port offers support of 2ch PCM audio file up to 24-bit/192kHz. Your computer's inferior DAC and clock are bypassed for the EA101EQ-G's high-performance 24-bit/192kHz DAC and high-precision clock, eliminating timing errors and jitter while delivering a more natural, detailed, and accurate sound.
Note: There is also a rear-panel USB-A port that is used only for updating the integrated amplifier's firmware.
Dual Analog Inputs: The ELAC integrated amp is equipped with two stereo RCA inputs for connection of analog audio source devices. There is no Phono input (a phono-preamp or turntable with built-in phono preamp is required).
Three Digital Inputs: The ELAC EA101EQ-G is outfitted with two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one coaxial (RCA) digital input for connection of a digital audio source, like your TV, Blu-ray player, CD player, or network player. All three digital inputs are capable of supporting up to 24-bit/192kHz 2ch PCM audio, as well as Dolby Digital 2.1.
Note: Due to the differences in optical transmitters and optical cable quality/length, 192kHz is not guaranteed on the integrated amp's optical digital inputs.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The ELAC integrated amplifier is fitted with 5-way binding post speaker terminals to connect a pair of speakers. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 14AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Subwoofer Output: The ELAC EA101EQ-G offers a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connection of a powered sub.
Headphone Output: The EA101EQ-G features a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for connecting a set of headphones. The integrated amp's speaker outputs will mute automatically when headphones are connected. The amp's speaker outputs will resume when headphones are disconnected.
Remote Control: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the ELAC EA101EQ-G amplifier. It offers Power, Source Selection, Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, & Previous/Next Track control. Using ELAC's free iOS or Android app you can even teach the integrated amplifier to respond to other IR remote controls (see EA101EQ-G App below for more details).
EA101EQ-G App (for iOS & Android): The EA101EQ-G App is a setup application for Apple iOS (coming soon) and Android OS 4.4+ that connects to the amp via Bluetooth Low Energy. Using the app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you can setup the ELAC amplifier from the palm of your hand with ease. App setup features include - source select, master volume, offset (individual source) volume, source naming, bass/treble, sub volume, balance, Auto Blend, IR remote learning, and screen brightness. The app will open to the Master Volume screen when initially launched.
- Master Volume: The Master Volume slider sets the amplifier output volume. It affects the output to the speakers and sub (if used), and headphones if connected.
- Offset Volume: The Offset Volume slider sets the output of each connected source relative to the other sources. This allows adjusting the source levels so when switching from one source to another, one won't be very loud and another very soft.
- Input Names: Each of the inputs can be renamed to indicate the actual connected source. The revised name will appear in the app and on the integrated amplifier's front-panel display.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the integrated amp's Bass & Treble from -12 to +12 dB.
- Speaker Balance: Speaker Balance adjusts the relative volume of the left and right speakers. Use this control to adjust the stereo sound from the speakers if they are unevenly placed relative to the listening position. Each control can be adjusted +/-100 with 0 being center.
- Remote Learning:
Front-Panel Display: The ELAC EA101EQ-G integrated amp features a front-panel OEL (Organic Electro-Luminescence) display to indicate source selection and volume level. You can even create a custom name for each input that will display on the front-panel. The front-panel display does not indicate a music source's song/artist/album information. You can adjust the screen brightness level from 1 to 100 using the EA101EQ-G App for Apple iOS and Android OS.
Placement: You can locate the EA101EQ-G on a stable, flat surface such as a shelf or table top. Make sure to provide enough space around the amplifier for the free flow of air, and do no block any of the vents on the bottom, sides or top; particularly if the amp is going to be located in a cabinet or closet.
Protection Circuitry: If the integrated amplifier's speaker outputs sense a short, the amp will enter protect mode and "Protect" will appear in the front-panel display. In protect mode, the amplifier will be shut down. To reset the amp, power cycle the amplifier (unplug it from the wall AC outlet jack for 5 seconds and then plug it back in).
Firmware Updateable: To upgrade the EA101EQ-G with the latest firmware, simply download the firmware update from ELAC's website to your computer. Then, copy the firmware to the root directory of a thumbdrive and insert the thumbdrive into the unit's rear-panel USB-A port. Lastly, unplug the power, hold down the Reset button while plugging the power back in and the firmware update process begins.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked