About the ELAC Debut F6
Detailed, theater-like sound
Detailed, theater-like sound
It's not often that we see breakthroughs in the world of home loudspeakers, but renowned speaker designer Andrew Jones has done it with ELAC's Debut series speakers. They are the culmination of Jones' years of engineering experience, and the results are simply astonishing. The F6 towers are the flagship model within the Debut family, and they offer jaw-dropping performance for the price. Strong words, true, but you should have seen the look on people's faces when ELAC stopped by our training room recently and fired them up. Custom-designed drivers deliver sparkling detail with deep, room-filling bass. Use a pair of the F6s as the front channels of your home theater. Or make them part of a two-channel music system and bring a concert hall into your listening room.
Immersive full-range sound
One of the secrets behind the F6's incredible performance is its custom-designed 10-element crossover. Jones uses this important component to ensure smooth frequency distribution between each of the drivers. It routes high frequencies to the 1" silk dome tweeter, while sending mids and lows to the powerful 6-1/2" woven aramid-fiber midrange and bass drivers. The result is full, natural sound at an affordable price.
A legendary speaker designer strikes again
Andrew Jones made a name for himself designing phenomenal high-end speakers across the industry. Lately, he's turned his attention toward creating speakers that offer excellent performance at very affordable prices. The Debut F6 floor-standing speakers are his latest triumph. They make a perfect match in a surround sound setup with the entire ELAC Debut line, all of which were designed by Jones.
- three-way design
- 1" silk dome tweeter with deep spheroid waveguide for improved sound dispersion
- custom-designed 6-1/2" midrange and two 6-1/2" woofers with woven aramid-fiber cones for smooth mids and powerful bass
- frequency response: 39-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 30-150 watts
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- integrated rubber feet for scratch-free placement on hard-surface floors, plus included spike feet for use on carpeted floors
- black brushed vinyl finish
- 8-9/16"W x 43-3/16"H x 11-1/8"D
- weight: 46.7 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DF61-BK
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Spikes (hex-nut attached)
- Operating Instructions
ELAC Debut F6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Debut F6
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Aramid-Fiber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Frequency Response||39-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Three-Way Driver Design: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker features a three-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, one 6.5" midrange drive, two 6.5" bass woofers, and a 100Hz/3000Hz crossover network. The tweeter, midrange driver, and woofers have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts.
- Cloth Dome Tweeter w/ Wave Guide: The Elac Debut F6 features a 1" cloth dome tweeter with a custom-designed waveguide with a deep spheroid profile. This waveguide design is utilized to improve directivity control and shield the tweeter from cabinet diffraction.
- Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofers: The floorstanding speaker features three 6.5" woven aramid-fiber cone woofers (1 midrange driver/2 bass woofers) with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. Woven aramid fiber offers a superior stiffness-to-weight ratio and damping over common polypropylene or paper cones. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom nine-element crossover (100Hz/3,000Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter, midrange driver, and bass woofers.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker uses a bass reflex cabinet with three rear-firing flared ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The tweeter and midrange driver are isolated from the rest of the speaker cabinet. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with two horizontal braces to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a textured vinyl black finish. A detachable cloth grille is included.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Rubber or Spike Feet: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker features integrated rubber feet for safe placement on hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile floors. Four spike feet are also included for secure placement on carpeted flooring. The spikes screw into the bottom of the speaker's rubber feet and add approximately 0.875" of height to the speaker.
Note: There is a pre-installed safety clip on the back of the speaker cabinet for securing the floorstanding speaker to a wall to prevent tip-over. Wall-mount hook, screws, and cord are all sold separately and can be found at your local hardware store.
Applications: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or used as your front speakers and/or rear surround speakers in a multichannel home theater application.
- 2Ch Stereo or Front Speaker Placement: For optimum stereo imaging, place the speakers so that an equilateral triangle is created between the speakers your main listening position. You can also angle ("toe in") the speakers towards the listening position to gain a more focused central image.
- Rear Surround Placement: In a 5.1channel surround setup, avoid placing the speakers forward of your listening position. The speakers should be spread apart wider than the front speakers.
Note: In either application, the speaker should be placed 1' to 2' away from boundaries such as wall and corners. Close proximity to a side or rear wall will enhance bass performance, but being too close may result in bass that is unnatural.
Elac Debut Series: The Elac Debut series family of loudspeakers consists of two bookshelf speakers, two floorstanding speaker, a center-channel speaker, a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker, and two powered subs.
2 questions already asked