About the ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3030
Thunderous bass customized for your room
Thunderous bass customized for your room
No knobs, dials, or switches here! The SUB3030 uses a free app on your smartphone for set up, control, and room calibration.
ELAC broke the subwoofer mold with their original line of Debut Series subwoofers. Now, the Debut 2.0 SUB3030 offers even better performance and customization to deliver excellent bass from anywhere in your room.
Control everything from your phone
Out of the box you'll notice that the SUB3030 doesn't have the usual assortment of knobs, switches, and adjustment options on its back panel. That's because it uses your smartphone's microphone along with sophisticated on-board software to deliver the most accurate bass possible.
Simply download the ELAC SubEQ app and let its powerful processing customize the subwoofer's settings for your room, wirelessly via Bluetooth. You'll enjoy visceral, ground-shaking bass from the sub's 12" woofer and 12" passive radiator, while its super-charged 500-watt RMS amplifier provides plenty of horsepower for your music and movies.
Calibration made easy
The magic behind the SUB3030 lies in how you set it up and control it. Everything is done from your device's touchscreen. The SubEQ app uses Bluetooth Low Energy, a wireless connection between your device and your sub that requires no pairing and no passcode.
The calibration process begins by capturing a near-field measurement of the subwoofer's bass output. Simply hold your phone or tablet within one foot of the sub and press "Analyze." The app then records what's coming out of the subwoofer, capturing sound before it's affected by its interaction with the room's reflective surfaces and other sound-muddying anomalies.
Then you'll do the same measuring process from your favorite listening position. The app's software compares the first measurement against the second, then automatically smooths out the EQ curve, delivering crisp, accurate bass to your ears. Level control and other audio adjustments are made through the app. You can even calibrate multiple SUB3030s independently in your system.
- frequency response: 25-150 Hz
- high-efficiency built-in BASH® amplifier delivers 500 watts of continuous power and 1,000 watts of dynamic power
- 12" front-firing, high-excursion woofer with doped-paper cone
- 12" down-firing passive radiator with doped-paper cone
- easy auto EQ room calibration using built-in microphone on Apple® or Android™ devices
- free ELAC SubEQ app controls room equalization, auto EQ, parametric EQ, volume level, crossover frequency, phase, and listening presets
- no controls on subwoofer, requires an Apple (iOS 7.0 and up) or Android (OS 4.3 and up) device for wireless control over Bluetooth 4.0
- calibrate multiple SUB3030s independently in your system
- passive radiator cabinet design
- continuously variable low-pass 50-150 Hz crossover
- LFE RCA input
- includes spiked feet for use on carpeted floors
- thick MDF cabinet walls with black ash vinyl finish
- cabinet walls are internally braced for reduced resonance and improved stability
- 17"W x 18-1/4"H x 17"D
- weight: 50.2 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years speaker, 1 year amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SUB3030-BK
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 9' AC power cord
- 4 Spikes
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Operating Instructions
ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3030 reviews
Easy setup and powerful sound. Even the kids cartoons are filled with great bass.
Pros: Great sound. New app works much better
0 of 0 found this helpful
0 of 1 found this helpful
Poor build quality, muddyi sound, set up app only connected on the first try. The subwoofer came with the base not completely installed, I had to tighten the screws myself.
2 of 8 found this helpful
This sub delivers more than enough grunt, and the bass it puts out is solid and muscular. It does a great job whether you're watching movies, series, or playing games. The sound isn't quite as deep or powerful as other subs I've owned, but is more than rich and detailed enough to increase the enjoyment of my movie nights. Android and iOS app gives you access to all the functionality you need, including software that lets you fine-tune the sound to your listening environment. Overall, I recommend this product. What are you waiting for, get it today, you will love it.
Pros: Great power and powerful bass, with an application to make adjustments.
Cons: There are others at lower price that will also work great.
3 of 3 found this helpful
Great sub. Clear clean low bass. A huge step up from a cheaper sub with the same power output.
Pros: Great sound App works great
Cons: May not be loud enough for really large rooms
3 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3030
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Woofer Composition||Doped Paper|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-150 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||500|
|Frequency Response||25-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Elac Sub Control 2.0 App: The Elac Debut 2.0 series SUB3030 powered subwoofer does away with traditional analog controls. Instead, the powered sub incorporates Elac's advanced digital signal processing (DSP) that is controlled from the Elac Sub Control 2.0 app on your Apple (iOS 9.2+) or Android (OS 5.0+) device, wirelessly over Bluetooth 4.0. From the app on your compatible smartphone or tablet device, you can control the Auto EQ, Parametric EQ, Crossover, Phase, Delay, Volume, & Sound Presets. You will need to pair your compatible Apple iOS or Android device with the Elac powered sub before using the app.
- Auto EQ: The Elac SUB3030 powered sub and the Elac Sub Control 2.0 app are equipped with an easy-to-use and highly sophisticated Auto EQ function to automatically calibrate the EQ curve of the powered sub based on the room environment. Using the built-in microphone of your Apple iOS or Android device, the app calculates the room environment, room frequency response, and the sound reproduction of the sub. Auto room calibration is performed in two steps - first, your smartphone's microphone is placed directly in front of the powered sub for measurement; second, your smartphone is moved to your main listening position for measurement. The app will then calibrate the subwoofer based on these two measurement locations and provide visual parameters of the measured room, along with the automatically calculated EQ curve.
- Parametric EQ: You can also choose to set the powered subwoofer's EQ curve manually by adjusting the Sub Control 2.0 app's parametric EQ. The parametric equalizer gives you the ability to adjust the audio output (within the subwoofer's range) to your preference. The app will let you choose and adjust the center frequency, bandwidth, and gain.
- Low Pass Crossover: The app on your Apple iOS or Android device lets you setup the powered subwoofer's variable low-pass crossover from 50Hz to 150Hz to blend the bass output of the powered sub with the rest of the speakers in your system. If you are using a home theater AV receiver with an LFE output, you will need to set the crossover frequency to "Max" or 150Hz.
- Phase: The Phase setting (0° to 360°) of the app ensures the bass signal reproduces by the powered subwoofer blends seamlessly with the rest of your speakers. When the powered sub and the rest of your speaker system are playing in Phase, bass reproduction sounds uniform.
- Delay: The Delay parameter of the app enables you to delay playback of the subwoofer's audio signal in comparison with the rest of your speaker system and your main listening position. The delay can be set to 1 msec (13") to 20 msec (21.5'). If you are using an AV receiver with an LFE output and its own auto calibration function, then the receiver will set the delay time internally, so the SUB Control's Delay parameter should be set to "minimum" or 0.
- Volume Level: The volume control of the Elac Sub Control 2.0 app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device allows you to sets the subwoofer's output level relative to the output of the other speakers in your system for a well-balanced sound. You also mute and un-mute the volume of the powered sub from the app.
- Sound Presets: From the Sub Control 2.0 app on your smartphone or tablet, you can choose from 4 different sound preset modes to suit your application, need, or preference. Select Normal for most applications, select Music to add subtle emphasis to the low bass range, choose Cinema to slightly boost the bass frequencies around 50Hz, or choose Night to reduce the maximum dynamic range and volume for late night enjoyment.
Note: There are no physical controls on the front or back of this powered subwoofer. The Elac Sub Control 2.0 app and a compatible Bluetooth 4.0 LE enabled Apple (iOS 9.2+) or Android (OS 5.0+) device is required for setup and operation of this powered sub.
500W BASH Tracking Amplifier: The Elac Debut 2.0 series SUB3030 utilizes a BASH tracking amplifier rated at 500W RMS and 1,000W Peak. Unlike conventional amplifiers, BASH amplifiers track the input signal and adjust the available supply voltage to a traditional Class AB amplifier. This makes the amplifier incredibly efficient, but also provides the on-demand power needed for dynamic movies and music.
12" High Excursion Woofer & Passive Radiator: A custom front-firing, high-excursion 12" doped paper cone woofer provides the quality and quantity of bass that is fundamental to accurately reproducing today's demanding movie soundtracks and music. The Elac SUB3030 powered sub also employs a down-firing 12" passive radiator to improve the transient response and increases the efficiency of the system.
Braced MDF Cabinet: The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with an internal horizontal brace to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a textured vinyl black finish. There is a metal grill on the front to protect the front-firing woofer.
LFE/RCA Input: The Elac Debut 2.0 series SUB3030 is fitted with a mono LFE/RCA input for connecting the powered subwoofer to your home theater AV receiver or integrated amplifier.
Auto Power On/Off: The SUB3030 powered subwoofer will detect when an audio signal is being sent to the amplifier and will power on. Also, to conserve energy, the powered subwoofer will power off after 15 minutes of no audio signal and inactivity. On back of the powered subwoofer is a LED that will illuminate blue to indicate that the powered sub is turned on; there will be no illumination when the subwoofer is turned off or in standby mode.
Spike Feet: The Elac Debut 2.0 series SUB3030 powered sub comes with 4 spike feet. The spikes screw into the bottom of the powered sub enclosure. The spike feet work great on carpeted flooring. You should place protective discs (not included) under the spikes, if you are placing the powered sub on hardwood or tile flooring (no rubber feet are included).
- Dimensions with Spikes: 17.75" (w) x 19.0625" (h) x 18.25"
- Dimensions without Spikes: 17.75" (w) x 18.1875" (h) x (d) 18.25"
Placement: Proper subwoofer placement can take some trial and error. In many cases, the best position for the powered sub is in the front corner of the room. If placing the subwoofer in the corner creates an abnormal amount of bass, you can try moving the subwoofer to one of the side walls near the front of the room.
Elac Debut 2.0 Series: The Elac Debut 2.0 series family of loudspeakers consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (DF52/DF62), two bookshelf loudspeakers (DB52/DB62), two center-channel loudspeakers (DC52/DC62), a Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker (DA42), and powered sub (SUB3010).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked