About the ELAC Uni-Fi Reference UBR62
Luxurious sound and looks
The UBR62 features new wood-grain vinyl back and sides, satin-finished front baffles, and re-designed drivers.
We love what speaker designer Andrew Jones did with the Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52 bookshelf speaker, and the UBR62 takes that performance up a notch — or two. This Uni-Fi Reference pair will deliver refined, spacious, articulate sound — and look great doing it.
You get newly designed cast-chassis drivers, improved crossovers, and attractive wood-grain finish options. And the UBR62's improved internal bracing — plus its larger woofer — help deliver better low-frequency response than previous Uni-Fi iterations.
A concentric midrange/tweeter array provides clarity
ELAC has kept much of what made the original Uni-Fi Series so cool, including the signature concentric driver array that places the tweeter in the middle of the midrange driver. This precise alignment creates a "unified source," with all frequencies reaching your ears at the same instant, so you hear more coherent and accurate sound.
What's new with the Reference?
The Uni-Fi Reference Series features all-new drivers. The UBR62's 1" soft-dome tweeter produces better high- and low-frequency extension than the previous series, for improved blending with the newly designed 4" cast-basket midrange. And the bigger 6-1/2" aluminum woofer works with the new dual front-firing ports in the cabinet — and the larger-diameter voice coil in the midrange — to deliver a smoother handoff between frequencies, with accurate bass and lifelike dynamics.
Refined crossovers help lighten the load on your amp
ELAC has fine-tuned the crossovers make the Uni-Fi Reference Series easier for your amplifier to drive than their predecessors. And like the Uni-Fi 2.0 bookshelf speakers, the Reference version has a nominal impedance rating of 6 ohms instead of 4 ohms, which means it should work better with a wider range of receivers and amps.
- true 3-way bookshelf speaker design
- custom-designed concentric driver with 4" aluminum cone midrange and 1" soft dome tweeter for clear, accurate mids and highs
- custom-designed 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofer
- frequency response: 41-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- maximum power input: 140 watts
- sophisticated multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- bass-reflex cabinet design with dual-flared front-firing slot port
- heavy-duty MDF cabinet
- internal bracing reduces cabinet vibration that causes unwanted sonic coloration
- dual binding post speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- magnetically attached cloth grilles
- satin black speaker baffle with walnut vinyl sides and back
- 8-1/4"W x 14-3/16"H x 13-3/16"D
- 23.54 lbs. each
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UBR62-BK
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Uni-Fi Reference UBR62
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1"|
|Midrange Size (inches)||4"|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6-1/2"|
|Impedance (Ohms)||Not Given|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||---|
|Parts Warranty||3 years|
|Labor Warranty||3 years|