About the ELAC Uni-Fi Reference UCR52
Luxurious center channel sound
Luxurious center channel sound
New design for the UCR52's drivers and crossover improves its delivery of crisp, lifelike dialogue.
Speaker design guru Andrew Jones continues to refine ELAC's innovative Uni-Fi line with this UCR52 center channel speaker. Match a pair of their Reference bookshelf or floor-standing speakers with the UCR52 and you'll hear clear dialogue through the signature Uni-Fi concentric midrange and tweeter array.
The Reference Series' improvements include newly designed bass and midrange drivers with cast chassis. You also get improved crossover design, along with new wood-grain vinyl finish options. And its improved internal bracing — and dual 5-1/4" woofers — help deliver better low-frequency response than previous Uni-Fi center channel speakers.
A concentric midrange/tweeter array provides clarity
ELAC has kept much of what made the original Uni-Fi Series so cool, including a concentric driver array that places the tweeter in the middle of the midrange driver. This precise alignment creates a "unified source," ensuring that all frequencies arrive at your ears at the same instant, producing more coherent and accurate sound.
What's new with the Reference?
The Uni-Fi Reference Series features all-new drivers. The UCR62's 1" soft-dome tweeter produces better high- and low-frequency extension than the previous series, for improved blending with the newly designed 4" cast-basket midrange. The woofers work with two new dual-flared front-firing slot ports for substantial, accurate bass. And the larger-diameter voice coil in the midrange delivers a smoother handoff between frequencies, giving you lifelike dynamics.
Refined crossovers help lighten the load on your amp
Continuing refinements to the crossovers make the Uni-Fi Reference Series easier for your amplifier to drive than their predecessors. And like the Uni-Fi 2.0 center channel speaker, the Reference version has a nominal impedance rating of 6 ohms instead of 4 ohms, which means they should work better with a wider range of receivers and amps.
- true 3-way center channel speaker design
- custom-designed concentric driver with 4" aluminum cone midrange and 1" soft dome tweeter for clear, accurate mids and highs
- two custom-designed 5-1/4" aluminum cone woofers
- frequency response: 47-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- maximum power input: 140 watts
- sophisticated multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- bass-reflex cabinet design with two dual-flared front-firing ports
- heavy-duty MDF cabinet
- internal bracing reduces cabinet vibration that causes unwanted sonic coloration
- dual binding post speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- magnetically attached cloth grilles
- satin white speaker baffle with oak vinyl sides and back
- 20-3/4"W x 7-5/16"H x 13-3/16"D
- 29.04 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UCR52-W
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Uni-Fi Reference UCR52
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||4"|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Frequency Response||47-35k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||3 years|
|Labor Warranty||3 years|