About the ELAC Uni-Fi Reference UFR52
Luxurious tower of sound
Luxurious tower of sound
New driver and crossover design, along with wood-grain vinyl finish options, elevate the elegant UFR52.
Speaker design guru Andrew Jones continues to refine ELAC's Uni-Fi line, and this UFR52 floor-standing speaker is its fullest expression. You'll hear a rich, detailed blend across the frequencies, with substance and presence.
The Reference Series' improvements include newly designed bass and midrange drivers with cast chassis. You also get improved crossover design, along with new vinyl wood-grain finish options.
Like its sister model, the Uni-Fi 2.0 UF52, the Reference excels in dedicated stereo setups, but it's also designed to work with most home theater receivers. Its improved internal bracing — and a trio of 5-1/4" woofers — help deliver better low-frequency response than previous Uni-Fi floor-standing speakers.
A concentric midrange/tweeter array provides clarity
ELAC has kept much of what made the original Uni-Fi Series so cool, including a concentric driver array that places the tweeter in the middle of the midrange driver. This precise alignment creates a "unified source," ensuring that all frequencies arrive at your ears at the same instant, producing more coherent and accurate sound.
What's new with the Reference?
The Uni-Fi Reference Series features all-new drivers. The UFR52's 1" soft-dome tweeter produces better high- and low-frequency extension than the previous series, for improved blending with the newly designed 4" cast-basket midrange. The woofers work with the new dual-flared front-firing slot port and pair of rear ports for substantial, accurate bass. And the larger-diameter voice coil in the midrange delivers a smoother handoff between frequencies.
Refined crossovers help lighten the load on your amp
Continuing refinements to the crossovers make the Uni-Fi Reference Series easier for your amplifier to drive than their predecessors. And like the Uni-Fi 2.0 floor-standing speakers, the Reference version has a nominal impedance rating of 6 ohms instead of 4 ohms, which means it should work better with a wider range of receivers and amps.
- true 3-way floor-standing speaker design
- custom-designed concentric driver with 4" aluminum cone midrange and 1" soft dome tweeter for clear, accurate mids and highs
- three custom-designed 5-1/4" aluminum cone woofers
- frequency response: 40-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- maximum power input: 140 watts
- sophisticated multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- bass-reflex cabinet design with dual-flared front port and two rear ports
- heavy-duty MDF cabinet
- internal bracing reduces cabinet vibration that causes unwanted sonic coloration
- dual binding post speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- magnetically attached cloth grilles
- satin black speaker baffle with walnut vinyl sides and back
- 7-5/16"W x 39-3/16"H x 13-5/16"D
- 52.36 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UFR52-BK
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC Uni-Fi Reference UFR52
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1"|
|Midrange Size (inches)||4"|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Built-in Powered Sub||---|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers|
|Parts Warranty||3 years|
|Labor Warranty||3 years|
|Frequency Response||40-35k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|