- 2-1/2 way, 3-driver design
- handmade JET 5 folded ribbon tweeter for lightning-fast response and wide dynamic range
- dual 6" aluminum/paper sandwich cone drivers
- one for bass frequencies, and one for midbass/midrange
- frequency response: 32-50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 4-8 ohms compatible
- recommended amplifier power: up to 120 watts RMS
- wood veneer exterior with high-gloss lacquer finish
- bass-reflex cabinet with dual rear-firing ports
- dual sets of binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- made in Germany
- no grille is included
- 25-9/16"W x 7-9/16"H x 9-7/16"D
- weight: 42.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VCC401-GB
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 4 Jumper straps (pre-installed)
- Operating And Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ELAC VELA CC 401
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||6|
|Frequency Response||30-50k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
JET 5 Tweeter with Wave Guide: The Elac Vela CC 401 center-channel loudspeaker features a JET 5 folded-ribbon tweeter with an integrated waveguide for exceptional high frequency reproduction for those who want to hear the most out of their high-resolution movie and music soundtracks. The JET 5 folded-ribbon tweeter is known for its lightning-fast response, wide dynamic range, minimal distortion, lots of headroom, and its wide frequency range. The JET 5 tweeter creates an effortless, airy and resonance-free high-frequency image up to 50,000 Hz; and with its linear frequency response is ideally suited for the reproduction of hi-res formats.
Dual Aluminum-Sandwich (AS) Woofers with Crystal Membrane: The Elac Vela Series center-channel loudspeaker (VCC 401) houses two 6" Aluminum-Sandwich (AS) cone woofers with Crystal Membrane technology and rubber surrounds. A crystal-shaped inverse aluminum dome is joined to the paper cone in a special gluing process to result in the desired sandwich construction. Resembling the surface of a large crystal, the aluminum-foil stamping stiffens the aluminum dome, diminishing resonances and minimizing coloration, while improving power handling and dynamics. The combination of aluminum and paper creates a woofer cone that is stiff, precise, linear, and lightweight. The result is mid and bass frequencies that are clean, clear, and powerful.
Bass Reflex Angle Cabinet: The Elac Vela CC 401 features a bass reflex cabinet with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The speaker cabinet has a trapezoid shape and is angled rearward with a convex shaped baffle. The angling of the cabinet and unique design of the baffle improves the speaker's acoustics and soundstage.
Note: These Vela Series does not come with grilles.
Dual Binding Posts: The Elac Vela Series center-channel loudspeaker (VCC 401) is outfitted with two sets of heavy-duty binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the center-channel loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Placement & Mounting Options: The center-channel speaker should be placed directly above or below the center of your TV screen. It can rest on a flat surface like a table top, shelf, or stand. Try to keep the center-channel as close to the same level as your front speakers for a more even soundstage. If this is not possible, you might try tilting the center speaker up (if too low) or down (if too high) to aim it towards the listening area. The speaker should be positioned approximately 1' to 2' away from boundaries, such as walls or corners. Integrated rubber feet help to isolate the speaker from the mounting surface and protect your mounting surface from scratches.
Note: The center speaker does not offer any bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall mount the loudspeaker.
Vela Series: The Vela Series from Elac is built to the highest standards in Germany using high-quality components that are carefully constructed to deliver the best-in-class sound quality. The Vela Series consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (VFS 407 / VFS 409), a bookshelf loudspeaker (VBS 403), and a center-channel speaker (VCC 401). The Velas Series delivers high quality sound with a sophisticated look for today's modern lifestyle.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add an Elac powered subwoofer (sold separately) to the Vela series to bring more bass to your movie and music soundtracks.