12" 2-way powered PA speaker — 1,200W peak
Our take on the Electro-Voice ELX200-12P by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Powerful music maker
Electro-Voice's ELX200-12P powered PA speaker will deliver powerful performance in your house of worship, theater, or nightclub. The 12" woofer and horn-loaded titanium tweeter can pump out sound levels up to 130 dB, thanks to the built-in 1200-watt Class D amplifier. EV's patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design results in smooth response, consistent coverage, and low distortion.
EV's QuickSmart DSP processing
Onboard signal processing includes 3-band EQ, selectable application modes (Music, Live, Speech, Club), and a limiter to keep the components safe at high levels. A Sub/Top System Match feature optimizes the ELX200-12P's performance when paired with a subwoofer like EV's ELX200-12SP or ELX200-18SP. You can control and monitor the speaker's processing wirelessly using EV's QuickSmart Mobile app and your compatible Bluetooth device.
Versatile and tough
Two input channels give you the ability to directly run two microphones, or a mic and a line level send from a mixer, plus you get a set of RCAs as an aux input. You can use this rugged polypropylene composite enclosure as a stage monitor angled up from the floor, a PA speaker mounted on a pole, or a hanging speaker suspended in a permanent installation. Three handles give crew members more carrying choices and make loading easier.
EV ELX200 connection and control panel
- 2-way powered PA speaker
- 12" EVS-12M woofer
- 1" DH-1C titanium compression driver
- 1200-watt amplifier
- max SPL: 130 dB
- frequency response: 57-16,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- nominal coverage: 90° horizontal, 60° vertical
- LCD screen and selection knob
- selectable speaker modes: Music, Live, Speech, Club
- 3-band EQ
- sub/top system match
- input and master volume
- visual monitoring of levels and limiter status
- store and recall up to 5 user-programmable presets
- control and monitor processing via EV QuickSmart Mobile app and your compatible Bluetooth device
- 2-channel input mixer (combo XLR/TRS) with Aux inputs (RCA) and input and master volume controls
- mix output (XLR)
- polypropylene enclosure with 18-gauge powdercoated steel grille
- 35mm socket for pole mounting and 3 M10 fly points for hanging
- 3 handles
- dimensions: 14-1/4"W x 24-1/2"H x 15"D
- weight: 34.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered speaker
- 10' Power cord (3-Pin IEC)
- Installation manual
- Safety and warnings booklet
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1"|
|System Frequency response||51-20k|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1200|
|Mic Inputs||2 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4" TRS|
|Tone Controls||Treble, Mid, Bass|
Overview: The ELX200-12P is a 2-way powered speaker for both portable and installed applications. It's comprised of a 12" woofer and a 1" titanium compression driver powered by a highly efficient Class-D power amplifier that can deliver up to 1200 watts of power with a maximum SPL of 130 dB. The polypropylene enclosure is lightweight and compact with three carry handles for portability, three M10 threaded mounting points for suspending the speaker, and also includes an integrated 36 mm pole-mount socket. The ELX200-12P includes built-in QuickSmart DSP which allows easy setup via four presets (Live, Music, Club, and Speech), along with sub/top system crossover settings, three-band EQ, visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control with meters, and master volume control, all of which can be stored and recalled with five user-programmable presets.
QuickSmart DSP: EV's proprietary QuickSmart DSP offers a lot flexibility and ease of setup using either the rear-panel LCD and control dial or the QuickSmart DSP app on a Bluetooth enabled device. DSP options include:
- Mode: Allows selection of one of the four pre-configured presets: Music (default), Live, Speech, and Club.
- Location: Determines the mounting method. Tripod (default), Monitor, Wall, and Suspend.
- Sub: The Sub menu can apply a high-pass filter to the speaker when used in conjunction with a subwoofer. Crossover options are: Off (Default), 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, and 150 Hz, as well as six additional choices for specific models of EV subwoofers. When the Crossover is on, low-frequencies will be outputted from the rear panel XLR jack.
- 3-Band EQ: Treble, Mid, and Bass with +6 to -12 dB adjustment for each.
- LED: This option determines if/when the front panel LED will light. Options are On, Off, and Limit. With this option the LED will light when the built-in limiter activates.
- Display: The Display menu has three settings: Dim - determines if the display will dim after being idle for two minutes, Brightness, and Contrast.
- Store/Recall: These two options allow the speaker's settings to be stored and recalled with 5 memory "slots" available.
- Lock: The Lock option keeps the settings from inadvertently being changed.
- Control App: This setting needs to be turned on if using EV's QuickSmart DSP app.
- Reset: This option will restore all of the settings to the default selection.
- Info: Shows product name and current firmware version.
QuickSmart Mobile App: EV's QuickSmart app allows you to quickly and wirelessly configure, control, and monitor up to six ELX200 powered loudspeakers simultaneously as well as receive critical information during performances via a Bluetooth connection. The controlling device must be Bluetooth enabled to use the QuickSmart app.
Construction: The powered speaker enclosure is made of a durable polypropylene composite along with an 18 AWG steel, black powder-coated protective grill. Three M10 threaded mounting points are provided for suspending or "flying" the speaker, each comes with a removable protective cap, and the bottom section of the speaker has a 36 mm socket with tightening thumb-screw for pole-mounting. The speaker also has three built-in carry handles for portability.
Rear Panel: The ELX200-12P has two input sections, each having a female combination XLR/1/4" jack and a rotary input level control. Input 1 also includes a L/R stereo RCA input. A male XLR output jack is provided to pass a crossed-over signal out to a subwoofer. The rear panel also has the LCD for the QuickSmart DSP menu along with a rotary dial that acts as a main volume control or, when pushed, will navigate through the menus. The ON/Off switch and IEC 3-pin power socket are located in this section as well. The ELX200-12P's built-in universal power supply allows the speaker to be used around the world without the need for an external converter.
- Power Rating: 1200 W
- Maximum SPL: 130dB
- Crossover Frequency: 1700 Hz
- Frequency Response:
- 51 Hz - 20 kHz (@ -10 dB)
- 57 Hz - 16 kHz (@ -3 dB)
- Low-Pass Filter: Adjustable - Off (Default), 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, and 150 Hz with six additional subwoofer-specific options.
- Low Frequency Transducer: EVS-12M 12 inch
- High Frequency Transducer: DH-1C 1" titanium compression driver
- Coverage: 90˚ Horizontal, 60˚ Vertical
- Power Consumption: 100 - 240 V, 50 - 60 Hz, 1.8 A
- Inputs: 2 XLR/1/4" TRS combo jacks, One pair L/R stereo RCA
- Outputs: 1 XLR
- Enclosure: Polypropylene composite
- Grill: 18 AWG steel with black powder-coat
- Pole-Mount: 36 mm socket with tightening thumb-screw
- Suspension: Three M10 suspension points with protective caps
- Portability: Three built-in carry-handles
- Dimensions: Width - 14.250", Height - 24.250", Depth - 15.0"
- Weight: 34.4 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
12" 2-way powered PA speaker — 1,200W peak$599.00 each
ZLX Series 12" powered loudspeaker — 1,000W peak
12" 2-way powered PA speaker — 2,000W peak
15" 2-way powered PA speaker — 1,100W peak