Overview: The ELX200-18SP is an 18" powered subwoofer for
both portable and installed applications. It features a highly efficient Class-D
power amplifier that can deliver up to 1200 watts of power with a maximum SPL of
132 dB. The enclosure is lightweight and compact, with two carry handles for
portability, and includes an integrated M20 threaded pole-mount plate to use in
conjunction with a full-range speaker. The ELX200 includes built-in QuickSmart
DSP which allows easy setup via three presets (Live, Music, Club), sub/top
system crossover settings, visual monitoring of limiter status, input level
meters with control, and master volume control, all of which can be stored and
recalled with five user-programmable presets.
QuickSmart DSP: EV's proprietary QuickSmart DSP offers a lot
flexibility and ease of setup using either the rear-panel LCD and control dial
or the QuickSmart DSP app on a Bluetooth enabled device. DSP options include:
- Mode: Allows selection of one of the three
pre-configured presets: Music (default), Live, and Club.
- Low Pass: Contains the low-pass filter cutoff points
with options for 80, 100 (default), 120, and 150 Hz. There are an additional
ten crossover choices designed for specific models of EV speakers when used
in conjunction with the subwoofer.
- LED: This option determines if/when the front panel LED
will light. Options are On, Off, and Limit. With this option the LED will
light when the built-in limiter activates.
- Display: The Display menu has three settings: Dim -
determines if the display will dim after being idle for two minutes,
Brightness, and Contrast.
- Store/Recall: These two options allow the subwoofer's
settings to be stored and recalled with 5 memory "slots" available.
- Lock: The Lock option keeps the settings from
inadvertently being changed.
- Control App: This setting needs to be turned on if
using EV's QuickSmart DSP app.
- Reset: This option will restore all of the settings to
the default selection.
- Info: Shows product name and current firmware version.
QuickSmart Mobile App: EV's QuickSmart app allows you to
quickly and wirelessly configure, control, and monitor up to six ELX200
loudspeakers simultaneously as well as receive critical information during a
performance via a Bluetooth connection. The controlling device must be Bluetooth
enabled to use the QuickSmart app.
Construction: The subwoofer enclosure is made of durable 15
mm plywood that's coated in EV's black "EVCoat" for added weather and scuff
resistance, along with an 18 AWG steel, black powder-coated protective grill.
The top section houses an M20 threaded pole-mount for use with an additional
Rear Panel: The ELX200 has two inputs, each having a female
combination XLR/1/4" jack, as well as two male XLR output jacks to pass a
crossed-over signal out to additional powered speakers. The rear panel also has
the LCD for the QuickSmart DSP menu along with a rotary dial that acts as a main
volume control or, when pushed, will navigate through the menus. The ON/Off
switch and IEC 3-pin power socket are located in this section as well. The
ELX200's built-in universal power supply allows the subwoofer to be used around
the world without the need for an external converter.
- Power Rating: 1200 W
- Maximum SPL: 132 dB
- Frequency Response:
- 40 Hz - 145 Hz (@ -10 dB)
- 47 Hz - 105 Hz (@ -3 dB)
- Low-Pass Frequency: Adjustable - 80 Hz, 100 Hz
(default), 120 Hz, and 150 Hz with ten additional speaker-specific options.
- Low Frequency Transducer: EVS-18M 18 inch
- Power Consumption: 100 - 240 V, 50 - 60 Hz, 1.8 A
- Inputs: 2 XLR/1/4" TRS combo jacks
- Outputs: 2 XLR
- Enclosure: 15 mm plywood with EVCoat
- Grill: 18 AWG steel with black powder-coat
- Pole-Mount Plate: Integrated M20 threaded socket
- Portability: Two built-in side handles
- Dimensions: Width - 19.875", Height - 24.0", Depth -
- Weight: 63.9 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.