About the Electro-Voice EVID S4.2T
Solid sound where you need it
Solid sound where you need it
This compact surface-mount speaker provides a powerful, flexible solution for piping sound indoors and out in your place of business. A 4" woofer and 3/4" tweeter ensure customers can hear you paging them to their tables as they enjoy pleasant background music. The cabinet and grille are paintable to match your decor, and the included mount lets you aim the speaker once it's in place.
Get a free system design
- weather-resistant surface-mount speaker with a 4" woofer and 3/4" titanium tweeter
- handles up to 40 watts continuous power in a distributed audio system
- frequency response: 75-20,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- sensitivity: 86.5 dB
- transformer tap for 70V and 100V systems
- taps at 3.7, 7.5 and 15 watts
- mounting hardware included
- allows for 90° horizontal and 45° vertical rotation
- 5-1/2"W x 7-5/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EVID-S4.2TB
What's in the box:
- 2 Speakers w/attached brackets
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Dust covers
- 2 Flush input covers
- 2 Spare grill logos
- 4 mm Allen wrench
- Two M4 x 12 mm machine screws
- Eight M3 x 10 mm machine screws
- 2 Safety screw caps
- 2 Locking-bolt covers
- Installation manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Electro-Voice EVID S4.2T
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||75-20K|
|Maximum SPL||98.5 dB|
|Power rating||15 W|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Evid-S4.2T is a high performance, two-way, 70/100 volt speaker designed for background or foreground music in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications such as restaurants, bars, patios, fitness clubs and many others. Its flexible mounting system allows it to be wall or ceiling mounted and EV's unique through-bracket wiring keeps all wires hidden for a clean looking install. Incorporating a 15 watt transformer, the Evid-S4.2T can be used with either 70 or 100 volt systems.
Construction: Housed in a fire-rated ABS plastic enclosure along with a powder-coated mesh grill, the Evid-S4.2T offers exceptional weather resistance and carries an IP54 rating, making it ideal for outdoor environments. The built-in mounting bracket houses the wiring from the wall-plate into the speaker so no wires will be visible. In-wall speaker wires attach to brass terminals on the back of the wall-plate that then slide into terminals on the speaker bracket, making it easy to quickly mount and un-mount the speaker. The mounting system allows for 90 degrees of vertical and 45 degrees of horizontal rotation.
70/100 Volt: The Evid-S4.2T includes a 15 watt transformer for use with either 70 or 100 volt amplifiers. A Euroblock jumper connector on the back of each speaker allows selections of 3.7 , 7.5, or 15 watts for 70 volt systems with 7.5 and 15 and watts available for 100 volt amps. This speaker does not include an 8 Ω bypass setting for a low impedance connection.
- Power Handling: 15 W (60 W peak)
- Input Transformer (70 V / 100 V): 15 W
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 100 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (-10): 75 Hz -20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 86.5 dB
- Max SPL: 98.5dB
- Low Frequency Transducer: 4 in.
- High Frequency Transducer: 0.75 in.
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 3.7 W, 7.5 W, 15 W
- 100 V: 7.5 W, 15 W
- Outdoor Rating: IP54
- Net Weight: 4.0 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width - 5.50", Height - 7.625", Depth - 4.625" (7.125" with bracket)