About the Electro-Voice EVID S5.2T
Get a free system design
Solid sound where you need it
This weather-resistant surface-mount speaker provides a powerful, flexible solution for piping in sound to your place of business. A 5-1/4" woofer and 3/4" tweeter ensure customers can hear you paging them to their tables as they enjoy pleasant background music. The cabinet and grille are paintable to match your decor, and the included mount lets you aim the speaker once it's in place.
- weather-resistant surface-mount speakers with a 5-1/4" woofer and 3/4" titanium tweeter
- handles up to 30 watts continuous power in a distributed audio system
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- transformer tap for 70V and 100V systems
- taps at 3.7, 7.5, 15 and 30 watts
- 8 ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- mounting hardware included
- allows for 90° horizontal and 45° vertical rotation
- 7-1/8"W x 10"H x 6"D
- weight: 7 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EVID-S5.2TB
What's in the box:
- 2 Speakers w/attached brackets
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Dust covers
- 2 Flush input covers
- Two 4-pin Euroblock connectors (installed on speakers)
- 2 Spare grill logos
- 5 mm Allen wrench
- Two M5 x 15 mm machine screws
- Eight M3 x 10 mm machine screws
- 2 Safety screw caps
- 2 Locking-bolt covers
- Installation manual
Electro-Voice EVID S5.2T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Electro-Voice EVID S5.2T
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||60-20k|
|Maximum SPL||109 dB|
|Power rating||75 W|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Evid-S5.2T is a high performance, two-way, 70/100 volt speaker designed for background or foreground music in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications such as restaurants, bars, patios, fitness clubs and many others. Its flexible mounting system allows it to be wall or ceiling mounted and EV's unique through-bracket wiring keeps all wires hidden for a clean looking install. Incorporating a 30 watt transformer, the Evid-S5.2T can be used with either 70 or 100 volt systems and includes an 8Ω bypass for a low impedance connection.
Construction: Housed in a fire-rated ABS plastic enclosure along with a powder-coated mesh grill, the Evid-S5.2T offers exceptional weather resistance and carries an IP54 rating, making it ideal for outdoor environments. The built-in mounting bracket houses the wiring from the wall-plate into the speaker so no wires will be visible. In-wall speaker wires attach to brass terminals on the back of the wall-plate that then slide into terminals on the speaker bracket, making it easy to quickly mount and un-mount the speaker. A 4-pin Euroblock connector is also provided as an optional wiring method if not using the bracket's wiring. The mounting system allows for 90 degrees of vertical and 45 degrees of horizontal rotation.
70/100 Volt: The Evid-S5.2T includes a 30 watt transformer for use with either 70 or 100 volt amplifiers. A rotary tap dial on the back of each speaker allows selections of 3.7 , 7.5, 15, or 30 watts for 70 volt systems and 7.5, 15, and 30 watts for 100 volt amps. The tap dial also includes an 8 Ω bypass setting for a low impedance connection. A Phillips head "protection" screw comes installed on each speaker preventing the tap dial from accidentally being moved to the 8 Ω setting, but can easily be removed if doing an 8 Ω connection.
- Power Handling: 75 W continuous with pink noise (100 hours)
- Input Transformer (70 V / 100 V): 30 W
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 85 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (-10): 60 Hz -20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Max SPL: 109 dB (115 dB peak)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω
- Low Frequency Transducer: 5.25 in.
- High Frequency Transducer: 0.75 in.
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 3.7 W, 7.5 W, 15 W, 30 W, 8 Ω
- 100 V: 7.5 W, 15 W, 30 W, 8 Ω
- Outdoor Rating: IP54
- Net Weight: 7.0 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width - 7.125", Height - 10.0", Depth - 6.0" (9.375" with bracket)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?