About the Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT
Power and control
Power and control
Electro-Voice designed their ZLX Series portable powered PA speakers to deliver great sound in live applications with their rugged, light-weight construction and affordable price. Now the product line has expanded with the ZLX-BT speakers to give you all the value of the ZLX Series with the added convenience of Bluetooth to connect your portable devices for DJ use and other streaming applications.
High output and wireless adjustability
The Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT speakers feature their patented Signal Synchronized Transducer (SST) waveguide design for smooth response, consistent coverage, and low distortion. The heavy-duty polypropylene enclosure houses the EVS-15L 15" woofer and DH-1K titanium tweeter for clear, full-range sound, while its 1000-watt Class D power amplifier drives the speakers at up to 127 dB SPL for the kind of intensity that makes your sound come alive.
A single control knob gives you access to DSP processing, including 2-band EQ, selectable application modes (Music, Live, Speech, Club), and a limiter to keep your speakers safe at high levels. Five user-programmable presets help you save time by storing your favorite settings. A Sub/Top System Match feature optimizes this speaker's performance when paired with a subwoofer like EV's ELX200-12SP or ELX200-18SP.
Versatile and tough
You'll also get two input channels with XLR/TRS jacks and individual level controls that allow you to adjust for line- or microphone-level signal sources, along with a 3.5mm AUX input for your portable devices. The ZLX-15BT's XLR output sends the combination of all input signals including Bluetooth (with a separate mix control) to a subwoofer or another speaker.
The rugged polypropylene enclosure is equally at home as a stage monitor angled up from the floor, a PA speaker mounted on a pole, or a hanging speaker suspended in a permanent installation. A powdercoated steel grille helps protect your investment from accidental damage. Three handles give crew members more carrying choices and make loading easier.
- 2-way Bluetooth-enabled powered PA speaker
- 15" EVS-15L woofer
- 1" DH-1C titanium compression driver
- 1000-watt Class D amplifier
- polypropylene composite enclosure with 18-gauge powdercoated steel grille
- maximum SPL: 127 dB
- frequency response: 55-18,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- nominal coverage: 90° horizontal, 60° vertical
- LCD screen and selection knob
- four selectable speaker modes: Music, Live, Speech, Club
- 2-band EQ
- sub/top system match
- visual monitoring of levels and limiter status
- store and recall up to 5 user-programmable presets
- control and monitor processing via EV QuickSmart Mobile app and your compatible Bluetooth device
- 2-channel input mixer (combo XLR/TRS)
- individually adjustable input channel level
- master output volume with separate Bluetooth output level
- 3.5mm aux input
- mix output (XLR)
- 35mm socket for pole mounting and 3 M10 fly points for hanging
- 3 carrying handles
- dimensions: 17"W x 27"H x 15"D
- weight: 38 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ZLX-15BT-US
What's in the box:
- Powered 15" PA speaker
- 10' Power cord (3-Pin IEC)
- Installation manual
Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||56-18k|
|RMS Power rating||1000|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||---|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/TRS (balanced)|
|Tone Controls||Bass & Treble|
Overview: The ZLX-15BT is a 2-way powered speaker for both portable and installed applications. It's comprised of a 15" woofer and a 1" titanium compression driver powered by a highly efficient Class-D power amplifier that can deliver up to 1000 watts of power with a maximum SPL of 127 dB. The ZLX-15BT offers 3 simultaneous inputs, including built-in Bluetooth for audio streaming. QuickSmart DSP which allows easy setup via four presets (Live, Music, Club, and Speech), along with sub/top system crossover settings, Bass & Treble settings, visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control with meters, and master volume control, all of which can be stored and recalled with five user-programmable presets.
SST: The ZLX-15BT uses EV's patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design that provides precise and consistent coverage, minimal distortion, and maximized acoustical loading. Drivers include a 15" woofer and a 1" EV DH-1K titanium compression driver that can provide up to 127dB of SPL from the built-in 1000W Class-D amplifier.
Built-In Bluetooth: The ZLX-15BT lets you stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled playback device, either for background music during performance breaks or for musical accompaniment during a performance.
Note: Bluetooth hands-free phone calls are not supported.
- Inputs: The ZLX-15BT features two rear-panel input sections (along with Bluetooth streaming), each having a female combination XLR/1/4" (balanced) jack along with a corresponding rotary input level control. Both inputs can accept either Line- or Mic-level signals. Input 1 also includes a 3.5mm TRS (unbalanced) connection for plugging in a portable playback device.
- Output: A male XLR jack is provided that can be used to output either a low-pass signal to a subwoofer, or a second powered PA speaker for stereo Bluetooth sound.
- LCD Display: The rear panel also includes the LCD for the QuickSmart DSP menu along with a rotary dial that acts as a main volume control or, when pushed, will navigate through the menus.
- Power: The ON/Off switch and IEC 3-pin power socket are located on the rear panel.
QuickSmart DSP: EV's proprietary QuickSmart DSP offers flexibility and ease of setup using the rear-panel LCD and control dial. DSP options include:
- Mode: Allows selection of one of the four pre-configured presets: Music (default), Live, Speech, and Club.
- Location: Determines the orientation of the PA speaker:
- Pole (default): Used when the PA will be oriented in an upright position, either mounted to an optional stand (sold separately), or sitting on a stage or floor.
- Monitor: Used when the PA speaker will be laying on its side as a floor monitor.
- Bracket: Used when mounting the PA speaker to a wall using an optional bracket (sold separately).
- Sub: The Sub menu can apply a high-pass filter to the speaker when used in conjunction with a subwoofer. Crossover options are: Off (Default), 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, and 150Hz, as well as five additional choices for specific models of EV subwoofers. When the Crossover is on, low-frequencies will be outputted from the rear panel XLR Output jack.
- Bass & Treble: A Treble applies a high-shelving filter that's centered at 6kHz, while the Bass setting provides a low-shelving filter centered at 60Hz. Both settings can be adjusted with +10 to -10dB of range.
- LED: This option determines if/when the front panel LED will light. Options are On, Off, and Limit. With this option the LED will light when the built-in limiter activates.
- Display: The Display menu has three settings: Dim - determines if the display will dim after being idle for two minutes, Brightness, and Contrast.
- Store/Recall: These two options allow the speaker's settings to be stored and recalled with 5 memory "slots" available.
- Streaming: This option lets you Pair the PA speaker to your Bluetooth-enabled playback device.
- Lock: The Lock option keeps the settings from inadvertently being changed.
- Control App: This setting needs to be turned on if using EV's QuickSmart DSP app.
- Reset: This option will restore all of the settings to the default selection.
- Info: Shows product name and current firmware version.
Construction: The powered speaker enclosure is made of a durable polypropylene composite along with an 18 AWG steel, black powder-coated protective grille. The bottom section of the speaker has a 35mm socket, with tensioning-screw, for pole-mounting. The speaker also has three built-in carry handles for easy portability.
- Power Rating: 1000 W
- Maximum SPL: 127dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2.1kHz
- Frequency Response (@ -3dB): 56Hz - 18kHz
- Frequency Range (@ -10dB): 44Hz - 20kHz
- Low-Pass Filter: Adjustable - Off (Default), 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, and 150Hz with five additional subwoofer-specific options.
- Low Frequency Transducer: EVS-15K 15"
- High Frequency Transducer: DH-1C 1" Titanium compression driver
- Coverage: 90˚ Horizontal x 60˚ Vertical
- Power Consumption: 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz, 0.5 - 0.8A
- Inputs: 2 XLR/1/4" TRS combo jacks (balanced), 3.5mm TRS (unbalanced)
- Outputs: 1 XLR
- Enclosure: Polypropylene composite
- Grille: 18 AWG steel with black powder-coat
- Pole-Mount: 35 mm socket with thumb-screw tensioner
- Portability: Three built-in carry-handles
- Dimensions: Width: 16.750", Height: 27.250", Depth: 17.125" (incl. power cord)
- Weight: 38.0 lbs.