About the Marshall Acton II Voice (Google Assistant)
Small size, super sound
Small size, super sound
The compact Marshall Acton II Voice kicks out full, powerful sound. Just what you'd expect from a wireless speaker modeled on Marshall's legendary guitar amps. And you can control it with your voice through Google Assistant. Stream music from your smartphone via Bluetooth. You can even make the Acton Voice II part of a Wi-Fi-based multi-room audio system.
“OK, Google, play classic rock”
Using Google Assistant, you can tell the speaker to play music from a variety of music services such as Spotify® Premium, Google Play Music, Pandora®, TIDAL and more (some require subscriptions). Listen to your favorite radio stations from across the country or internet radio station from around the world.
You can ask for news and weather updates, stock information, and more. Set reminders and alarms with your voice. The Acton II Voice has a dual mic array. Far-field detection and noise cancellation ensure your voice commands are clearly heard — even when there's music playing.
Marshall Voice app
The free Marshall Voice app lets you use your smartphone to customize the settings of your Acton II and other compatible Marshall Bluetooth speakers. It's available for both Apple® and Android™ portable devices. You can adjust the EQ settings, fine-tune the intensity of the LEDs, and rename each speaker in your multi-room system for convenient control at a glance.
Quality sound and build
The Acton II Voice's sturdy enclosure houses two tweeters and a woofer. Each speaker is powered by its own Class D amplifier, ensuring clarity and rich detail. The ported cabinet reinforces low frequencies to give you strong bass.
Classic Marshall looks
When it comes to look and feel, this speaker is all Marshall. It features the company's famous script logo on its woven front grille. The vinyl-covered wood cabinet has an inset brushed-brass control panel with knurled metal knobs and a toggle power switch.
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- built-in Spotify Connect
- dual far-field microphone array with noise cancellation
- metal analog volume, bass, and treble control knobs
- two 3/4" tweeters and one 4" woofer, each with a Class D amplifier
- bass-reflex wood cabinet
- total system power: 60 watts (15 watts x 2 for the tweeters, plus 30 watts for the woofer)
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
Google Assistant functions:
- built-in voice control
- Google Home app control
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- stay in the know about weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
- Chromecast built-in for creating a multi-room audio setup with other compatible wireless speakers and devices
- control multi-room playback with two or more compatible wireless speakers
- control Chromecast built-in-compatible streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
Marshall Voice app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize your Marshall Voice speakers
- pair 2 Marshall Voice speakers for stereo sound
- adjust LED intensity
- remotely switch between Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and stereo minijack input
- stereo minijack input
- AC power required (power cable included)
- 10-1/4"W x 6-1/2"H x 7-1/2"D
- weight: 4.53 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1002656
What's in the box:
- Voice-activated wireless audio speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Legal & Safety booklet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marshall Acton II Voice (Google Assistant)
Marshall Voice Speaker: The Marshall Acton II Voice combines the legendary sound of Marshall with the helpfulness of voice activation through Google Assistant to create one of the best sounding smart speakers. Now you can play music, schedule reminders, control your smart home and more - all with the power of your voice.
Classic Marshall Design: The Acton II Voice features classic Marshall details such as a textured vinyl covering, salt & pepper fret, and the iconic script "Marshall" logo adorn its sturdy wooden frame. Located on the front of the speaker is a brass plate, etched with the establishment date of 1962; a subtle nod to the brand's heritage and over 50 years of sound engineering.
Multi-Directional Stereo Sound: The Marshall Acton II Voice is engineered to produce a larger than life multi-directional stereo sound that will immerse you in your music. The Acton II houses two 0.75" dome tweeters and one 4" cone woofer that are powered by three Class D amplifiers (totaling 60 watts) for pronounced and articulate sound. 15 watts is delivered to each tweeter, while 30 watts is delivered to the woofer. The speaker also utilizes a rear-firing port for smoother, deeper bass response.
WiFi Certified: The Marshall Acton II Voice is equipped with dual-band (2.4/5.0GHz) WiFi (802.11 b/g/n/ac) for wireless connection to your home's wireless network router. By connecting to your home's WiFi network, you can access Google Assistant, Chromecast built-in, and Spotify Connect through the Marshal Acton II Voice.
Google Home App: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 10.3+ and Android OS 4.4+) to connect the Marshall Acton II Voice speaker to your home's WiFi network. You'll gain access to Google Assistant for voice control, Chromecast built-in for listening to online music services, as well as multiroom audio distribution so you can listen to music throughout your home on multiple Google Home enabled devices.
- Google Assistant Voice Control: The Marshall Acton Voice lets you control your music hands-free with only your voice using the Google Assistant. The Marshall Voice speaker features a far-field microphone array for smart voice recognition and noise cancellation. Even when the music is turned up or if you're across the room, the Google Assistant will still be able to hear you. In addition to music playback, you can use the Google Assistant to control other Google Home smart interfaces such as TVs, lights, locks, thermostats and more. The microphone can be turned off for privacy.
- Chromecast Built-in Audio Streaming: Chromecast built-in lets you wirelessly stream select music content from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to the Marshall Acton Voice. Chromecast built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, Google Play Music, YouTube Music, and more (some services will require paid subscriptions, purchases, and fees). You can also mirror exactly what's playing on your Android smartphone or tablet to the Acton Voice speaker (this feature is not supported by Apple iOS). Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app to start wirelessly streaming to the Acton Voice speaker. You can even adjust the volume or change the song, right from your mobile device. And with Chromecast built-in, you can keep using your phone to send texts, answer calls, and scroll through social media without disturbing your music. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser to the Marshall Acton Voice speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: Multiple Chromecast built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system. Using the Google Home app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast built-in compatible music apps are supported (Bluetooth & Aux are not supported).
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Marshall Acton II Voice speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Marshall Acton II Voice features built-in Bluetooth (version 5.0) with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP). You are able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device to the Marshall Acton II Voice speaker. You can operate Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions from the speaker's top-panel controls or the Marshall Voice app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device. The Acton II Voice can pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices, but only one can be connected and used at a time. The speaker will try and automatically connect to the last previously connected device. The speaker has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 30'.
Note: The Acton II Voice does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth & Network connectivity, the Acton II Voice is fitted with a top-panel stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting practically any portable audio device with an analog output or headphone jack.
Top-Panel Controls: The Acton II Voice's top-panel features analog control knobs for Bass, Treble and Volume, allowing you to fine-tune to the exact sound you desire. There is also a Source/Pair button, a Play/Pause button, and Mic/Voice button on the top-panel. The Play/Pause button also doubles as a Previous/Next Track button.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Marshall Acton II Voice comes with a 6' AC power cord which plugs into the back of the speaker and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The Marshall Acton II Voice speaker is not battery powered.
Auto Standby: If the Acton II Voice is left unused for approximately 20 minutes, the speaker will go into standby mode to save energy.