About the Marshall Acton II Voice (Amazon Alexa)
Small size, super sound
Small size, super sound
The compact Marshall Acton II Voice kicks out full, powerful sound. Just what you'd expect from a wireless speaker modeled on Marshall's legendary guitar amps. And you can control it with your voice through built-in Amazon Alexa. Stream music from your smartphone via Bluetooth. You can even make the Acton Voice II part of a Wi-Fi-based multi-room audio system.
“Alexa, play classic rock”
Using Amazon Alexa, you can tell the speaker to play music from a variety of music services, such as Spotify® Premium, Amazon Music Unlimited, Pandora®, and more (some require subscriptions). Listen to your favorite radio stations from across the country or internet radio station from around the world.
You can ask for news and weather updates, stock information, and more. Set reminders and alarms with your voice. The Acton II Voice has a dual mic array. Far-field detection and noise cancellation ensure your voice commands are clearly heard — even when there's music playing.
Marshall Voice app
The free Marshall Voice app lets you use your smartphone to customize the settings of your Acton II and other compatible Marshall Bluetooth speakers. It's available for both Apple® and Android™ portable devices. You can adjust the EQ settings, fine-tune the intensity of the LEDs, and rename each speaker in your multi-room system for convenient control at a glance.
Quality sound and build
The Acton II Voice's sturdy enclosure houses two tweeters and a woofer. Each speaker is powered by its own Class D amplifier, ensuring clarity and rich detail. The ported cabinet reinforces low frequencies to give you strong bass.
Classic Marshall looks
When it comes to look and feel, this speaker is all Marshall. It features the company's famous script logo on its woven front grille. The vinyl-covered wood cabinet has an inset brushed-brass control panel with knurled metal knobs and a toggle power switch.
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's the list of music services you can control with Alexa (updated November 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music Unlimited
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- built-in Spotify Connect
- dual far-field microphone array with noise cancellation
- metal analog volume, bass, and treble control knobs
- two 3/4" tweeters and one 4" woofer, each with a Class D
- bass-reflex wood cabinet
- total system power: 60 watts (15 watts x 2 for the tweeters, plus 30 watts for the woofer)
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in:
- control music playback
- select which Marshall Voice speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- Marshall Voice app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize your Marshall Voice speakers
- pair 2 Marshall Voice speakers for stereo sound
- adjust LED intensity
- remotely switch between Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and stereo minijack input
- stereo minijack input
- AC power required (power cable included)
- 10-1/4"W x 6-1/2"H x 7-1/2"D
- weight: 4.53 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1002493
What's in the box:
- Voice-activated wireless audio speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Legal & Safety booklet
Marshall Acton II Voice (Amazon Alexa) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marshall Acton II Voice (Amazon Alexa)
Marshall Voice Speaker: The Marshall Acton II Voice combines the legendary sound of Marshall with the helpfulness of voice activation through Amazon Alexa to create one of the best sounding smart speakers. Now you can play music, schedule reminders, control your smart home and more - all with the power of your voice.
Classic Marshall Design: The Acton II Voice features classic Marshall details such as a textured vinyl covering, salt & pepper fret, and the iconic script "Marshall" logo adorn its sturdy wooden frame. Located on the front of the speaker is a brass plate, etched with the establishment date of 1962; a subtle nod to the brand's heritage and over 50 years of sound engineering.
Multi-Directional Stereo Sound: The Marshall Acton II Voice is engineered to produce a larger than life multi-directional stereo sound that will immerse you in your music. The Acton II houses two 0.75" dome tweeters and one 4" cone woofer that are powered by three Class D amplifiers (totaling 60 watts) for pronounced and articulate sound. 15 watts is delivered to each tweeter, while 30 watts is delivered to the woofer. The speaker also utilizes a rear-firing port for smoother, deeper bass response.
WiFi Certified: The Marshall Acton II Voice is equipped with dual-band (2.4/5.0GHz) WiFi (802.11 b/g/n/ac) for wireless connection to your home's wireless network router. By connecting to your home's WiFi network, you can access Amazon Alexa and Spotify Connect through the Marshal Acton II Voice.
Amazon Alexa Enabled: The Marshall Acton II Voice speaker is Amazon Alexa enabled and uses a far-field, dual microphone array with acoustic noise cancellation for smart voice recognition. Even when the music is turned up or if you're across the room, Alexa will hear you. You can simply activate Alexa by saying "ALEXA" or pushing the unit's "MIC" button on the top-panel. You can ask Alex to play music, hear the news, check weather, control smart home devices, and more.
- Online Music Services: Amazon Alexa provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM (subscriptions and fees will apply). You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music through your Alexa device. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you.
- Multiroom Audio (via future firmware update): Multiroom audio allows you to play and control music from Amazon, Amazon Unlimited, Amazon Prime, and some other 3rd-pary music providers across multiple, compatible Amazon Alexa devices at the same time. You can tell Alexa to play music across your compatible Alexa devices on the same WiFi network. Tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the family room, or play the same song throughout your whole home. To stream different music on multiple devices or on more than one multiroom group at the same time, you must have an Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan.
- Home Entertainment Control: Amazon Alexa now offers home entertainment skills for select multiroom audio systems - including Sonos, Heos by Denon, Bose SoundTouch, & Yamaha MusicCast (all sold separately); as well as Sony Android TVs and LG AI ThinQ TVs (sold separately). You'll be able to control key functions and features by simply using voice commands.
- Smart Home: Amazon Alexa works with devices such as lights, switches, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobbe, Wink, and more. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed. Some products work directly with Alexa and other smart home ecosystems require a compatible hub.
- News & Information: The Acton II Voice with Alexa can help you stay connected to the news that matters most to you - like world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and movie times.
- Questions & Answers + Fun & Games: The Acton II Voice with Alexa taps into Yelp to provide you with info on local restaurants, shops, and other businesses. It also makes a great calculator and dictionary. You can even get fast facts on all type of topics from Wikipedia. Alexa also offers funny jokes and fun games for the family.
- You will need to sign into Amazon Alexa from the Marshal Voice app to enable Alexa on the Acton II Voice.
- You can search for and enable more skills in the Alexa app or from the Alexa Skills store on the website.
- You can mute the built-in microphones for privacy. Alexa cannot be activated while the microphones are muted.
- The Marshall Acton II Voice does not support Alexa Calling, Messaging, and Drop-In services.
Marshall Voice App: Use Marshall Voice app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) to setup the Marshall Acton II Voice from your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. The app provides simple connection of the wireless speaker to your home's WiFi network router, as well as enables Amazon Alexa voice recognition on the Acton II Voice. In addition, you'll be able to select between input sources (WiFi, Bluetooth, Aux); choose between EQ presets and adjust a 5-Band EQ; as well as control basic music playback functions (including Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track). Through a future firmware update (no eta), you'll be able to group Amazon Alexa enabled speakers and devices together for multiroom audio (Amazon Music only).
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Marshall Acton II Voice speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Marshall Acton II Voice features built-in Bluetooth (version 5.0) with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP). You are able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device to the Marshall Acton II Voice speaker. You can operate Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions from the speaker's top-panel controls or the Marshall Voice app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device. The Acton II Voice can pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices, but only one can be connected and used at a time. The speaker will try and automatically connect to the last previously connected device. The speaker has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 30'.
Note: The Acton II Voice does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth & Network connectivity, the Acton II Voice is fitted with a top-panel stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting practically any portable audio device with an analog output or headphone jack.
Top-Panel Controls: The Acton II Voice's top-panel features analog control knobs for Bass, Treble and Volume, allowing you to fine-tune to the exact sound you desire. There is also a Source/Pair button, a Play/Pause button, and Mic/Voice button on the top-panel. The Play/Pause button also doubles as a Previous/Next Track button.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Marshall Acton II Voice comes with a 6' AC power cord which plugs into the back of the speaker and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The Marshall Acton II Voice speaker is not battery powered.
Auto Standby: If the Acton II Voice is left unused for approximately 20 minutes, the speaker will go into standby mode to save energy.
1 question already asked