About the Marshall Stanmore
Classic look, classic sound
Classic guitar amp-style control knobs and toggle switch (smartphone not included)
Classic look, classic sound
Marshall built the Stanmore to resemble their guitar amps — and the resemblance goes beyond just looks. This powered Bluetooth speaker delivers solid, no-nonsense sound that remains clear and undistorted even at maximum volume. And it features a top-mounted brushed-brass control panel with three smooth-motion metal knobs and a sturdy power switch that are classic Marshall.
Connections for music sources
The Stanmore has a stereo minijack input for your portables. And good news for vinyl lovers: the Stanmore also has stereo RCA connectors. So you can hook up your turntable with a built-in stereo preamp or other audio components.
Quality sound and build
The system has built-in Bluetooth with high-performance aptX® audio coding, which lets you stream near-CD quality sound from compatible portable devices. And the Stanmore works with regular Bluetooth, for use with all smartphones and tablets.
Inside the Stanmore's sturdy enclosure are two 3/4” dome tweeters and a brawny 5-1/4” woofer. Each speaker is powered by its own Class D amplifier, ensuring clarity and rich details in your music.
- Bluetooth with aptX audio coding for high-fidelity streaming from compatible devices
- metal analog volume, bass, and treble control knobs
- two 3/4" dome tweeters, and one 5-1/4" woofer, each with a Class D amplifier
- total system power 80 watts (20 watts x 2 plus 40 watts for woofer)
- RCA stereo input
- stereo minijack input
- AC power required (power cable included)
- 13-3/4"W x 7-1/4"H x 7-1/4"D
- weight: 11.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 04091629
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- 18" Stereo minijack cable
- User Manual
More details on the Marshall Stanmore
Classic Marshall Design: The Stanmore features a classic Marshall design, with a vintage-looking front fret, gold-colored metal details, and the iconic script "Marshall" logo.
Two-Way Stereo Speaker: The Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth speaker houses two 0.75" dome tweeters and one 5.25" woofer, powered by a 3-channel Class D amplifier rated at 20W x 2ch + 40W x 1ch. Built with advanced components that deliver an accurate response throughout the frequency range, the Stanmore packs a punch without compromising the details. The sound is rich and articulate across the entire spectrum, from the deep and powerful bass, throughout the midrange and onto the highest highs. The overall effect is brilliantly reproduced music, full of energy and drive.
Bass Port: The Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth speaker features a Bass Reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for higher efficiency and deeper bass response.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Marshall Stanmore features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.0+EDR) with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP), CD-quality sound (aptX), and multi-device pairing (SSP). The Stanmore can be paired with a variety of Bluetooth-enable devices; including Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more. The Bluetooth wireless range is approximately 33'.
- Wireless Music Streaming: You are able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth speaker. Playback control, search functions, and song/artist information will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device.
- aptX Codec: In addition to the standard Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Stanmore supports the high-quality aptX codec from devices like Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones & tablets. With aptX you can enjoy wireless "CD-like" quality sound.
- Multi-Device SSP: Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) allows devices to be paired without entering PIN codes. The Stanmore remembers the last 6 paired devices and connects automatically to the last paired device when turned on again.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marshall Stanmore.
Analog Inputs: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Stanmore is outfitted with analog inputs for a wired connection.
- Aux Input: The Stanmore is fitted with a top-panel stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting practically any portable audio device with an analog output or headphone jack.
- Stereo RCA Input: There is a stereo RCA input on the back-panel for connecting an external audio device, like a CD player. If you want to connect a turntable, you will need a turntable with a built-in phono preamp or an external phono preamp (sold separately).
Top-Panel Controls: Volume (0-10), Bass (-12 to +6dB @ 180Hz), & Treble (-12 to +6dB @ 3kHz) can be adjusted quickly and easily with the analog control knobs located on the top-panel of the speaker, allowing you fine tune the speaker system to your personal preference. There are also Source/Wake & Pair push-button controls, as well as an On/Off toggle switch.
AC Power: The Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth speaker operates off of standard household current via its internal AC power supply and detachable 6' AC power cord.
Note: This unit is not battery powered.
Auto Standby: The Bluetooth speaker automatically turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked