About the Anthem AVM 70
15 channels of high-impact surround sound
15 channels of high-impact surround sound
Home theater technology has come a long way since the "old days" of 5.1-channel surround sound. You can now create a 15-speaker system that fills your entire room with deep bass and riveting three-dimensional sound effects.
If that's the kind of dream home theater you're planning, Anthem's AVM 70 preamp/processor can help bring it to life. This high-end pre/pro offers exceptional signal processing and distribution, along with ARC Genesis — the latest iteration of Anthem's homegrown, highly acclaimed acoustic calibration system.
The AVM 70's large front-panel display gives you easy-to-read status updates at a glance.
Consider Anthem's matching power amps for the best sound
Anthem's lineup of premium power amps is a particularly good match with the AVM 70, and is the direction I'd go if I owned this sleek-looking pre/pro.
I recommend using XLR connections if your amplifier supports them, because they cancel out potential noise and help feed your amp the cleanest, strongest signal possible.
Immersive sound at every seat
Use the AVM 70 as the centerpiece of an ultra-immersive 9.2.6-channel Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™ system, with up to six upward-firing or in-ceiling speakers for overhead effects.
Both of its subwoofer outputs can be calibrated independently for accurate, hard-hitting bass throughout your room.
Intuitive web-based controls
One of the features that makes Anthem's pre/pros stand out from the crowd is their user-friendly control interface.
Access it from a web browser on your computer or smart device, and easily turn zones on and off, adjust settings, switch up speaker configurations, and more.
Advanced room calibration with ARC Genesis
The AVM 70 includes the company's own highly regarded ARC (Anthem Room Correction) Genesis software — one of the industry's best room-correction platforms.
ARC Genesis measures the acoustics of your room with the included microphone, and then fine-tunes the output of your system to best match the unique sonic characteristics of your space. The resulting sound is clear, smooth, and ultra-detailed, with tight bass and impactful dynamics.Note: You'll need to install the free ARC Genesis software on your Mac® or PC prior to calibration.
- home theater preamp/processor with 15.2-channel processing
- supports up to 15 speakers with external power amps
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- ARC Genesis speaker calibration system helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- requires installation of free ARC Genesis software on a Mac or PC prior to calibration
- audiophile-grade 32-bit/768kHz DAC (digital to analog converter)
- toroidal power supply ensures low-noise, high-performance picture and sound
- large front-panel display gives you easy-to-read status updates at a glance
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- free future firmware update will include support for Spotify® and Roon
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music® (via free future firmware update)
- Google Chromecast for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- dual-room/dual-source output
- Zone 2 (stereo RCA) preamp outputs for use with an optional external amplifier
- Zone 2 HDMI output
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- all HDMI connections support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, Dolby Vision™, and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- HDMI board is easily upgradeable to accommodate possible future hardware updates
- digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 4 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 15.2-channel balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs for connection to external power amps
- includes 2 discrete subwoofer outputs that can be calibrated independently
- full-sized front-panel headphone jack
Warranty and other info:
- intuitive browser-based control interface
- easily turn zones on and off, adjust settings, switch up speaker configurations, and more
- supports smartphones, tablets, and computer browsers
- support for IP-based third-party remote control systems
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1417000006
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Anthem AVM 70