About the Anthem MRX 740
An easy-to-operate receiver with lots of soul
An easy-to-operate receiver with lots of soul
Anthem has a knack for creating high-performance home theater receivers that are simple to operate. The MRX 740 is a great example of this, combining terrific A/V processing with robust amplification and an intuitive browser-based control system.
The MRX 740's large front-panel display gives you easy-to-read status updates at a glance.
Ideal for a Dolby Atmos home theater system
The seven-channel MRX 740 is ideal for powering a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™ system — that's the traditional five speakers and subwoofer configuration, plus a pair of upward-firing or in-ceiling speakers for overhead effects.
Plenty of power for each channel
Five of the MRX 740's channels are rated at 140 watts (Class AB amplification), and are well-suited for high-performance stand-mount or floor-standing speakers.
The other two channels are rated at 60 watts (Class D), which is plenty of power for surround or overhead channels that reproduce less-demanding portions of a movie's soundtrack.
Intuitive web-based controls
One of the features that makes Anthem's receivers stand out from the crowd is their user-friendly control interface. Access it from a web browser on your computer or smart device, and easily turn zones on and off, adjust settings, switch up speaker configurations, and more.
Advanced room calibration with ARC Genesis
The MRX 740 includes the company's own highly regarded ARC (Anthem Room Correction) Genesis software — one of the industry's best room-correction platforms.
ARC Genesis measures the acoustics of your room with the included microphone, and then fine-tunes the output of your system to best match the unique sonic characteristics of your space. The resulting sound is clear, smooth, and ultra-detailed, with tight bass and impactful dynamics.Note: You'll need to install the free ARC Genesis software on your Mac® or PC prior to calibration.
Power and processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 5 channels rated at 140 watts (Class AB)
- 2 channels rated at 60 watts (Class D)
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- ARC Genesis speaker calibration system helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- requires installation of free ARC Genesis software on a Mac or PC prior to calibration
- audiophile-grade 32-bit/768kHz DAC (digital to analog converter)
- large front-panel display gives you easy-to-read status updates at a glance
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- free future firmware update will include support for Spotify® and Roon
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music® (via free future firmware update)
- Google Chromecast for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- dual-room/dual-source output
- amp assign function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs in different configurations like bi-amping the front speakers, or for use in Zone 2
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.2-channel sound in main room
- Zone 2 stereo preamp outputs for use with an optional external amplifier
- Zone 2 HDMI output
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- all HDMI connections support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, Dolby Vision™, and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- HDMI board is easily upgradeable to accommodate possible future hardware updates
- digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- 11.2-channel RCA preamp outputs
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- full-sized front-panel headphone jack
Warranty and other info:
- intuitive browser-based control interface
- easily turn zones on and off, adjust settings, switch up speaker configurations, and more
- supports smartphones, tablets, and computer browsers
- support for IP-based third-party remote control systems
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1414000040
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Anthem MRX 740
Features & specs