About the myGEKOgear Infiniview Lite
Just because you can't or don't want to replace your radio doesn't mean you can't incorporate vehicle cameras. myGEKOgear offers a unique solution that starts with a 9.7" touchscreen mirror-monitor that fits over your existing rear-view mirror. The dash cam built into the mirror-monitor records the road ahead in a 170° should any trouble come your way. The package also includes a universal backup cam with enough cable to mount it on the rear of your vehicle or a trailer if you need extended coverage.
Chances are that myGEKOgear's 9.7" anti-glare mirror will improve on the rear view offered by your factory mirror. And as a monitor, any video you access, whether it's dash cam playback or a live backup cam view, will fill the entire touchscreen mirror.
The dash cam
The dash cam's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. You can play the footage back on the cam's display, and the video saves to the microSD™ card for viewing on another device. The built-in Sony Exmor image sensor ensures a crisp video image, day or night.
The backup cam
Built into a universal, weather-proof housing, the included backup camera, enhanced by a Sony Starvis image sensor, delivers a detailed view of the road behind you.
Some wire-tapping is involved in the installation of the vehicle camera system. The package includes a standard 25-foot cable that connects from your rear-view camera to the mirror monitor.
- touchscreen mirror-monitor with dash cam and backup cam
- 24' video cable included
Dash Cam Specifications:
- 170° wide-angle lens
- HD resolution
- built-in G-sensor
- Sony Exmor sensor
Backup Cam Specifications:
- universal mount
- Sony Starvis image sensor
- IPX7 weather-resistant
- anti-glare mirror
- 9.7" video monitor
- fits over most OEM rear-view mirrors
- touchscreen control
- dimensions: 10"W x 2-3/4"H x 1-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GI80016G
What's in the box:
- Touchscreen mirror-monitor w/ integrated front-view camera
- Rearview camera w/ 3M adhesive backing and attached 18" video cable (proprietary 4-pin connector)
- 24' Video cable w/ attached 45" reverse wire (proprietary 4-in connector on one end / 2.5mm jack on other end)
- 20" Video adapter cable (proprietary large 4-pin connector to small 4-pin connector)
- 11' Lighter adapter terminated in a 5-pin type-B USB (5.5VDC/2.5A output)
- 4 Rubber mounting-straps (2 large / 2 small)
- Swiveling rear-camera bracket
- 3M Adhesive pad for rear-camera mount
- 16GB Micro SD card (installed in mirror)
- Micro SD card adapter
- Philips-head screwdriver
- User manual
myGEKOgear Infiniview Lite reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the myGEKOgear Infiniview Lite
Overview: The InfiniView Lite is a 3-in-1 vehicle camera system that includes a 9.7 touchscreen digital rearview mirror with a built-in front-view camera, and a waterproof rear-view camera. The mirror can be set to continually record the view ahead while a built-in G-sensor in the mirror can automatically detect a collision or impact and lock the current footage in place. The InfiniView Lite's touchscreen can provide a wider and more unobstructed view behind you, than the factory mirror can, by displaying the rear camera image without interference from backseat passengers or the rear pillars.
Cameras: The InfiniView Lite includes both a front-view and a rear-view camera.
- Front-View: The included front-view camera is built into the mirror and can be extended out to the side to clear the factory mirror if needed. It features a Sony Exmor sensor with a wide 170° viewing angle and 1920x1080@30fps video resolution. Photos are 2 Megabytes in size, also at 1920x1080 resolution.
- Rear-View: The InfiniView Lite rear-view camera features a Sony Starvis sensor, for improved low-light conditions, with a wide 127° viewing angle. The camera is designed to mount on the exterior of the vehicle and carries an IPX7 waterproof rating. The rear-view camera also includes an adjustable mounting bracket and a 24' proprietary video cable for connecting to the mirror.
Recording: The InfiniView Lite is designed to record and save footage automatically, but can also be done manually if needed. All recorded data is stored on an included 16GB micro-SD card (Class 10, 8GB to 64GB cards supported). A built-in Microphone and Speaker allow audio to be recorded and played back along with the recorded images. Manual recording is done by simply pressing the Start/Stop icon on the touchscreen. Automatic recording works in the following manner:
- Loop Recording: When a micro-SD card (included) is installed in the mirror/front camera, the unit will automatically start recording once the camera is powered on. When the memory card is out of space, the loop recording will overwrite the oldest video file.
- Emergency Video: If the internal G-sensor detects a collision, the current video will be locked, protecting the footage from being erased or overwritten.
Digital Mirror: The InfiniView Lite features a 9.7" touchscreen that's designed to simply attach to the front of the factory mirror with no modifications necessary. Two sets of rubber straps are provided for securing it to the mirror. The add-on digital mirror is powered through the included lighter adapter that plugs into the mirror's mini-B USB port. Touchscreen controls for the mirror include the following:
- Brightness: Manually swiping the screen left or right will change the brightness.
- Recording Angle: The rear camera's vertical recording angle can be adjusted by swiping the screen up
- Note: The camera itself is not changing angles, only the image.
- Photo: This icon can be tapped to take a still photo of the current camera view.
- Start/Stop: Manually starts/stops recording video.
- Mic: Turns the internal microphone on/off for recording audio along with the video.
- Photo/Video Playback: Lets you playback captured images and video.
- Lock/Unlock: Lets you manually lock or unlock the current video clip.
- Front/Rear Camera Swap: Manually switches the view between the front and rear cameras.
- Settings Menu:
- Night Vision: Can provide clearer images and videos in low-light conditions. Front and rear cameras can be set independently.
- G-Sensor Sensitivity: Options include: High, Middle, and Low.
- Video Clip Length: Video clips can be set for either 1 minute or 2 minutes in length.
- Volume: Sets the volume of the mirror's built-in speaker.
- Clock: Sets Time/Date.
- Language: Changes the system language.
- Screen Saver: Sets the screen auto-off time, with options for: Off, 1 min, or 3 min.
- Format SD Card: Formats inserted micro-SD card, erasing all of the stored data.
- Flicker Frequency: Sets the frequency of the ambient light source, either 50Hz or 60Hz.
- Reset: Restores all settings to default.
Reverse Mode: Two Reverse Modes are available for the rear-view camera, Automatic and Manual. A red Reverse Light wire is provided on the rear video cable for attaching to the vehicle's reverse signal wire if Automatic mode is desired. Grid lines will be displayed on the mirror when reversing and the front camera can still record while the rear-view camera is in use.
- Manual: If the red reverse wire is not connected, the rear camera view can be manually selected by a quick press of the Power button on the mirror.
- Automatic: If the red reverse wire is connected to the vehicle's reverse wire, the camera view will automatically tilt down for a better viewing angle and will be displayed on the mirror
7 questions already asked