About the PAPAGO GoSafe 30G
Step up your road readiness with PAPAGO's GoSafe 30G dash cam. It sports a full-color 2.7" LCD display in a compact housing that easily suction-mounts on your windshield or dash. The camera features an ultra-wide 140° lens and a premium chipset for crystal clear HD video, night or day. When the road throws you a curveball, the built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually.
You can play the footage back on the cam's display, and the video saves to the microSD™ card for viewing on another device. PAPAGO includes a 16GB microSD card for video storage, but you can step up your storage all the way up to 128GB if you need more. Best of all, built-in GPS geo-stamps your video files with accurate time, date, location data, and vehicle speed.
Like having a security guard in your ride
PAPAGO doesn't let "bump-it-until-it-fits" parkers off the hook. In Parking mode, the GoSafe 30G uses battery power to come to life and start recording when the G-Sensor detects a bump from another vehicle. The selectable Monitor mode will take one picture every second until motion is longer detected.
Keep an eye on your tire pressure
With PAPAGO's optional TireSafe D10E, you'll be able to monitor the tire pressure of your tires and their temperatures from this dash cam's screen.
All about safety
PAPAGO doesn't just help you in case of an accident, it can also help you avoid one as well. The GoSafe 30G features four selectable features to help you drive more safely:
Stop & Go Alert engages once you have been stopped for at least ten seconds. A beep will alert you when the car in front of you has moved.
Fatigue Alert lets you set an alarm to help keep you alert when you know you have a long journey ahead.
Stop Sign Recognition spots upcoming stop signs and gives you a heads-up with a beep and stop sign image on the GoSafe 30G's screen. This feature works in the daytime only and is deactivated once the Lighting Reminder turns on.
Lighting Reminder recognizes shifts in environmental lighting and and alerts you to turn on your lights as it gets dark.
PAPAGO backs the GoSafe 30G with firmware updates for the life of the product. Just visit PAPAGO's site for any new upgrades.
Powering the GoSafe 30G is as simple as plugging the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source, which makes it an easy addition to rental cars if you're traveling or driving a loaner. If you need a more permanent solution, PAPAGO offers an add-on hard-wiring kit (not included).
- digital video recorder with GPS
- also includes vehicle power cable, suction mount, video cable, and 16GB microSD card
- dash cam records up to 1080p HD video files at 60 FPS
- 2.7" color LCD display for viewing and playback
- geostamps video with accurate time, date, location data, and vehicle speed
- parking and monitor mode add extra security
- driver assistance features: stop sign recognition, stop & go alert, fatigue alarm, lighting reminder
- 140° wide-angle lens
- up to 128GB storage capacity with compatible microSD card
- built-in G-sensor
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS30G16G
What's in the box:
- 16GB microSD card
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Suction-cup mount
- 12V Power adapter (attached 12' miniUSB cable)
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty Card
PAPAGO GoSafe 30G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAPAGO GoSafe 30G
GoSafe 30G Dash Cam: The PAPAGO!! GoSafe 30G dash cam provides a better sense of security while driving by recording what is going on ahead of you and offering driver assistance through its Front Collision & Lane Departure Warning System, Stop & Go Alert, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, & Stop Sign Recognition. Not only can this dash cam provide a sense of security, it can also be used to simply capture a beautiful or unique drive.
Ultra-Wide Angle Lens: The GoSafe 30G dash cam features a 140° wide-angle F1.9 lens, for a wider field of vision and a panoramic view of the road ahead of you.
Video & Photo Recording: The PAPAGO!! GoSafe 30 can be set to record video at 1920x1080 (30/60fps) or 1280×720 (30/60fps). Video files are recorded in the .MOV video format. You can also take a JPEG still image snapshot while recording video. The GoSafe 30G comes with PAPAGO!'s latest 2016 PPG8031 chip, which uses the same specifications as the highest performance chip processor, so that the quality of the video is more delicate, night vision is enhanced, and noise at night is significantly reduced.
microSD Card Slot: The PAPAGO!! GoSafe 30 features a microSD card slot and comes with a 16GB microSD card and microSD-to-SD card adapter. The unit supports class 10 or higher microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards (up to 128GB). All recorded audio/video & snapshots are stored on microSD or microSDHC.
|microSD Card Capacity||Video Resolution: 720p (30fps)|
|16GB||4 hours 25 minutes|
|32GB||8 hours 50 minutes|
|64GB||17 hours 43 minutes|
|128GB||35 hours 27 minutes|
Note: Please note that some microSD/SDHC memory cards may be incompatible; for example Sandisk & Samsung.
Built-in GPS Tracker: Because viewing footage with precise location and speed can be vital, the PAPAGO! GoSafe 30G comes equipped with built-in GPS.
2.7" Color LCD Screen: The GoSafe 30G dash cam features a 2.7" color LCD screen for live video feedback and to view previously recorded videos and snapshots.
3 Recording Modes: The GoSafe 30G has three different recording modes to help provide optimal security for your vehicle. Choose from Automatic Recording, Motion Detection, or Monitor Mode.
- Automatic Recording: Automatic Recording is the default setting. It will begin automatic loop recording once your vehicle is powered on. It will record five minute long video clips with the oldest footage being replace when the microSD card is full.
- Motion Detection: While there is no movement of your vehicle for more than 60 seconds, the Motion Detection mode will begin recording once the dash cam senses any movement in front of its lens. If there is no movement detected for more than one minute, the device will go back into sleep mode.
- Monitor Mode: While your vehicle is parked, Monitor Mode will take one picture every second until it no longer senses any movement for up to a minute. Monitor Mode is designed to take up less space on your microSD card so you can record more files without them getting overwritten.
Built-In G-Sensor & Emergency Recording: The GoSafe 30G comes equipped with a built-in 3-axis gravity sensor. In the event of a collision it will automatically save the recorded file and prevent it from being overwritten. The G-sensor's sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Off. In case of any emergency, you can also manually protect a recorded video file from being overwritten.
Driver Assistance Safety Features: The GoSafe 30G comes equipped with all the signature PAPAGO!! driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road.
- Front Collision Warning System (FCWS): A beep will alert you when you are driving too close to the car in front of you reinforcing good driving habits. Activated at 40 mph.
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS): A beep will alert you when you move out of your lane. This feature will help minimize accidents and ensure safe driving. This feature works during day time with speeds of 40 mph or more.
- Stop & Go Alert: The Stop & Go feature alerts the driver, when stopped for at least 10 seconds or more, that the car in front of them has gone and it is now okay to proceed. This function is helpful for the distracted driver who may not have their full attention on the road when behind the wheel.
- Light Reminder: The Light Reminder is designed to recognize when the outside environment surrounding the car gets significantly darker and it will alert you via an audible beep to turn on your exterior car lights. With this feature you will never forget to drive with your lights on.
- Driver Fatigue Alarm: You can setup a defined alarm clock that periodically reminds you with an audible beep to take a rest before continuing to drive. The Driver Fatigue Alarm can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or Off.
- Stop Sign Recognition: With Stop Sign Recognition your dash cam will use advanced visual tracking of any stop signs in its view and alert you by beeping and showing a stop sign icon on the LCD screen. Avoid any mishaps by never running a stop sign again.
Mini-HDMI Output: The GoSafe 30G features a mini-HDMI audio/video output jack for connecting the dash cam to a larger display monitor, such as your in-dash monitor, for audio/video playback on a bigger screen and through your car stereo system.
Mounting Options: The GoSafe 30G's dash camera includes a suction-cup mount to attach it to your vehicle's front windshield. It is designed to get hidden right behind your existing rearview mirror.
Note: You should not install the dash cam at a place that would obstruct or reduce a driver's view. Make sure your usage complies with the pertinent vehicle codes of your state, province, territory or country.
Power Requirements: Using the supplied 12V power adapter, the PAPAGO! dash cam is powered through your vehicle's 12-volt or cigarette lighter socket. You can also use the PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately) to power the GoSafe 30G.
Note: If your vehicle still provides power to the cigarette 12-volt charger socket even the vehicle is off, please unplug the device when you turn off your vehicle and plan to have it parked for a long period of time to avoid draining power from your vehicle's battery.
File Transfer: You can transfer and copy videos and snapshots directly from the GoSafe 760 to your laptop using its miniUSB port, the included miniUSB-to-USB cable, and a free USB port on your laptop. You can also remove the microSD card and insert it into a USB/SD card reader for transferring and copying videos and snapshots to your desktop computer.
Firmware Updates: The GoSafe 30G is eligible to receive a lifetime of free upgrades as soon as they are issued. Please check the PAPAGO!! website regularly for any new available upgrades.
Optional Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Use the PAPAGO!! TireSafe D10E (974GSD10E, sold separately) to efficiently view all four of your tires' pressures and temperatures on the GoSafe760's dash cam screen.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?