About the PAPAGO GoSafe 388
Hide it behind your rear-view mirror
Hide it behind your rear-view mirror
I'm pretty sure that PAPAGO made the GoSafe 388 just for me. Yes, PAPAGO's best dash cam features are packed in here, but what I really love is that this puppy is so small it tucks behind your rear-view mirror. So, I get the security of loop-recording camera, plus its driver assistance perks, but once I affix it to my windshield using its adhesive-backed mount, I can forget that it's there. If I really need video playback or to change any menu settings, the built-in 2" LCD monitor does the trick.
The GoSafe 388 tucks nicely behind your rear-view mirror.
Loop-recording in HD
PAPAGO's GoSafe 388 fully automated dash camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. Enjoy peace of mind — this dash cam is loop-recording a high resolution, wide-angle view of the road to set the record straight if something unexpected happens. PAPAGO uses an HD 1.3 megapixel sensor, plus HDR high dynamic metering compensation, records incredibly detailed video even in the lowest light. An adjustable mount gives you just the right angle on the road.
This camera's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. You can play the footage back on the GoSafe 388's display, and the video saves to the included 8GB microSD™ card for viewing on another device. If you need to expand your video storage, PAPAGO allows you to use a microSD™ card with up to 64GB of space.
Add PAPAGO's optional GPS antenna to geo-stamp your video files with accurate time, date, location data, and vehicle speed.
Your parking buddy
It's a bummer when you've parking on packed city street and you return to discover that the car in front of you used your bumper like an itchy cow against a fence. PAPAGO doesn't let those rude drivers off the hook. In Parking Guard mode, the GoSafe 388 uses battery power to come to life and start recording when the G-Sensor detects a bump. The selectable Motion Detection Mode similarly turns the camera on when someone passes the camera's field of vision, and Monitor Mode will take one picture every second until motion is longer detected.
All about safety
PAPAGO doesn't just help you in case of an accident, it can also help you avoid one as well. The GoSafe 388 features four selectable features to help you drive more safely:
- Stop & Go Alert engages once you have been stopped for at least ten seconds. A beep will alert you when the car in front of you has moved.
- Fatigue Alert lets you set an alarm to help keep you alert when you know you have a long journey ahead.
- Stop Sign Recognition spots upcoming stop signs and gives you a heads-up with a beep and stop sign image on the GoSafe 268's screen. This feature works in the daytime only and is deactivated once the Lighting Reminder turns on.
- Lighting Reminder recognizes shifts in environmental lighting and and alerts you to turn on your lights as it gets dark.
Keeping things fresh
And get this, even while the GoSafe 388 is doing all of that, it's keeping the air in your car fresh. A built-in ionizer helps prevent bacteria from growing and keep your driving environment clean — that's a serious plus if you often have a pet in the car.
PAPAGO backs the GoSafe 388 with firmware updates for the life of the product. Just visit PAPAGO's site for any new upgrades.
Powering the GoSafe 388 is as simple as plugging the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source. If you prefer a more tidy solution, PAPAGO offers an add-on hard-wiring kit (not included).
- compact HD dash cam with driver assistance
- 142-degree wide angle lens
- also includes vehicle power cable and 8GB microSD card
- storage capacity: up to 64GB (some cards including Sandisk may not be compatible)
- records 1080p, 720p, or VGA video files
- 2" LCD display for viewing and playback
- HD 1.3 mega pixel sensor
- driver assistance features: stop sign recognition, stop & go alert, fatigue alarm, lighting reminder
- recording modes: automatic, monitor, motion detection, and parking guard
- AV and mini-USB output
- photo capability
- dimensions: 2-1/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 1-1/8"D
- frame rate: up to 60 FPS
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS3888G
What's in the box:
- 8GB microSD card
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Self-adhesive mount
- 12V power/cigarette lighter adapter
- 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable
- Self-adhesive tape
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty Card
PAPAGO GoSafe 388 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAPAGO GoSafe 388
GoSafe 388 Dash Cam: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 388 dash cam provides a better sense of security while driving by recording what is going on ahead of you and offering driver assistance through Stop & Go Alert, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Stop Sign Recognition, and Motion Detection. Not only can this dash cam provide a sense of security, it can also be used to simply capture a beautiful or unique drive.
1.3MP Image Sensor & Wide-Angle Lens: The GoSafe 388 dash cam is equipped with a 1.3MP image sensor and a 142° wide-angle lens. It also incorporates Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) Technology for great recorded video day or night.
Video & Photo Recording: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 388 can be set to record video at 1920x1080(30fps), 1280×720(60fps), 1280×720(30fps), or 640×480(VGA). Video files are recorded in the .MOV video format. You can also take a JPEG still image snapshot while recording video.
microSD Card Slot: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 388 features a microSD card slot and comes with a 8GB microSD card and microSD-to-SD card adapter. The unit supports class 6 or higher microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards (up to 64GB). All recorded audio/video & snapshots are stored on microSD or microSDHC. With a 64GB microSDXC card you can store up to 6 hours of recorded full 1080p HD video footage before it loops & deletes over old files.
|microSD Card Capacity||Video Resolution: 720p (30fps)|
|8GB||2 hours 20 minutes|
|16GB||2 hours 40 minutes|
|32GB||9 hours 20 minutes|
|64GB||19 hours 40 minutes|
Note: Please note that some microSD/SDHC memory cards may be incompatible; for example Sandisk & Samsung.
2" Color LCD Screen: The GoSafe 388 dash cam features a 2" color LCD screen (480x272) for live video feedback and to view previously recorded videos and snapshots.
3 Recording Modes: The GoSafe 388 has three different recording modes to help provide optimal security for your vehicle. Choose from Automatic Recording, Motion Detection, or Monitor Mode.
- Automatic Recording: Automatic Recording is the default setting. It will begin automatic loop recording once your vehicle is powered on. It will record five minute long video clips with the oldest footage being replace when the microSD card is full.
- Motion Detection: While there is no movement of your vehicle for more than 60 seconds, the Motion Detection mode will begin recording once the dash cam senses any movement in front of its lens. If there is no movement detected for more than one minute, the device will go back into sleep mode.
- Monitor Mode: While your vehicle is parked, Monitor Mode will take one picture every second until it no longer senses any movement for up to a minute. Monitor Mode is designed to take up less space on your microSD card so you can record more files without them getting overwritten.
Note: Please note that Monitor Mode and Motion Detection Mode need a continual power source like PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately).
Built-In G-Sensor & Emergency Recording: The GoSafe 388 comes equipped with a built-in 3-axis gravity sensor. In the event of a collision it will automatically save the recorded file and prevent it from being overwritten. The G-sensor's sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Off. In case of any emergency, you can also manually protect a recorded video file from being overwritten.
Driver Assistance Safety Features: The GoSafe 388 comes equipped with all the signature PAPAGO! driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road. Stop & Go, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Stop Sign Recognition, and Motion Detection will provide an extra safeguard.
- Stop & Go Alert: The Stop & Go feature alerts the driver, when stopped for at least 10 seconds or more, that the car in front of them has gone and it is now okay to proceed. This function is helpful for the distracted driver who may not have their full attention on the road when behind the wheel.
- Light Reminder: The Light Reminder is designed to recognize when the outside environment surrounding the car gets significantly darker and it will alert you via an audible beep to turn on your exterior car lights. With this feature you will never forget to drive with your lights on.
- Driver Fatigue Alarm: You can setup a defined alarm clock that periodically reminds you with an audible beep to take a rest before continuing to drive. The Driver Fatigue Alarm can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or Off.
- Stop Sign Recognition: With Stop Sign Recognition your dash cam will use advanced visual tracking of any stop signs in its view and alert you by beeping and showing a stop sign icon on the LCD screen. Avoid any mishaps by never running a stop sign again.
- Motion Detection: The dash cam will record video while parked when motion is detected in front of your vehicle.
Built-in Mic for Audio Recording: In addition to recording video & snapshots, the GoSafe 388 features a built-in microphone for recording audio inside the vehicle. Audio recording can be turned On or Off.
Optional GPS Antenna: The GoSafe 388 has an auxiliary jack so you can attach the PAPAGO! GPS Antenna (974GPSAUS, sold separately) and track your exact location at all times. It is now easy to prove exactly where you were when those unexpected events occur. GPS logging will be saved to the microSD card. This optional GPS antenna does not facilitate navigation.
AV Output: The GoSafe 388 features a 3.5mm audio/video output jack for connecting the dash cam to a larger display monitor, such as your in-dash monitor, for audio/video playback on a bigger screen and through your car stereo system.
Ionized Material Housing: The GoSafe 388 helps prevent any bacterial build up on the surface of the device by using a specially designed ionized material that helps ward off potentially harmful debris.
Mounting Options: The GoSafe 388 is designed to get hidden right behind your existing rearview mirror using the included self-adhesive mount. It measures a mere 2.1875" (w) x 2.125" (h) x 1.125" (d).
Note: You should not install the dash cam at a place that would obstruct or reduce a driver's view. Make sure your usage complies with the pertinent vehicle codes of your state, province, territory or country.
Power Requirements: Using the supplied USB/DC power adapter and 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable, the PAPAGO! dash cam is powered through your vehicle's 12-volt or cigarette lighter socket. You can also use the PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately) to power the GoSafe 388.
Note: If your vehicle still provides power to the cigarette 12-volt charger socket even the vehicle is off, please unplug the device when you turn off your vehicle and plan to have it parked for a long period of time to avoid draining power from your vehicle's battery.
File Transfer: You can transfer and copy videos and snapshots directly from the GoSafe 388 to your laptop using its miniUSB port, the included miniUSB-to-USB cable, and a free USB port on your laptop. You can also remove the microSD card and insert it into a USB/SD card reader for transferring and copying videos and snapshots to your desktop computer.
Firmware Updates: The GoSafe 388 is eligible to receive a lifetime of free upgrades as soon as they are issued. Please check the PAPAGO! website regularly for any new available upgrades.
1 question already asked