About the PAPAGO GoSafe 550
Super HD quality video
Super HD quality video
Record the road in Super HD with PAPAGO's GoSafe 550 dash cam. It sports a full-color 2.7" LCD display in a compact housing that mounts on your windshield or dash. The camera features an ultra-wide 160° lens, recording in 1296p high definition for IMAX-level quality video, night or day. PAPAGO allows you to adjust exposure values to get the right picture for your environment. When the road throws you a curveball, the built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually.
Like having a security guard in your ride
If you're concerned about security when your vehicle is parked, PAPAGO offers peace of mind. In Motion Detection mode, the GoSafe 550 uses battery power to come to life and start recording when it detects movement in its field of vision. After one minute, if there is no more movement, the camera will return to Sleep mode. You can also select Monitor mode, which will wake up the camera and take one picture every second until motion is longer detected.
All about safety
PAPAGO doesn't just help you in case of an accident, it can also help you avoid one as well. The GoSafe 550 features four selectable features to help you drive more safely:
Stop & Go Alert engages once you have been stopped for at least ten seconds. A beep will alert you when the car in front of you has moved.
Fatigue Alert lets you set an alarm to help keep you alert when you know you have a long journey ahead.
Stop Sign Recognition spots upcoming stop signs and gives you a heads-up with a beep and stop sign image on the GoSafe 550's screen. This feature works in the daytime only and is deactivated once the Lighting Reminder turns on.
Lighting Reminder recognizes shifts in environmental lighting and and alerts you to turn on your lights as it gets dark.
PAPAGO backs the GoSafe 550 with firmware updates for the life of the product. Just visit PAPAGO's site for any new upgrades.
Powering the GoSafe 550 is as simple as plugging the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source, which makes it an easy addition to rental cars if you're traveling or driving a loaner.
- digital video recorder with driver assistance
- also includes vehicle power cable, suction mount, video cable, and 8GB microSD card
- dash cam records up to 1296p Super HD video files
- 2.7" color LCD display for viewing and playback
- Motion Detection and Monitor modes add extra security
- driver assistance features: stop sign recognition, stop & go alert, fatigue alarm, lighting reminder
- 160° wide-angle lens
- up to 64GB storage capacity with compatible microSD card
- built-in G-sensor
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS5508G
What's in the box:
- 8GB microSD card
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Suction-cup mount
- Self-adhesive mount
- 12V power/cigarette lighter adapter
- 13' microUSB-to-USB cable
- 9" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty/Registration Card
More details on the PAPAGO GoSafe 550
GoSafe 550 Dash Cam: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 550 dash cam provides a better sense of security while driving by recording what is going on ahead of you and offering driver assistance through Stop & Go Alert, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Stop Sign Recognition, and Motion Detection. Not only can this dash cam provide a sense of security, it can also be used to simply capture a beautiful or unique drive.
Ambarella A7L Chip & Super Wide-Angle Lens: The GoSafe 550 dash cam utilizes an Ambarella A7L chip and a 170° super wide-angle F1.8 lens to capture video in Super HD (2560 x 1080p; 21:9). You can also adjust the dash cam's EV (Exposure Value) to capture the highest quality video in any environmental ambient lighting. EV settings include -1.0, -2/3, -1/3, +0.0, +1/3, +2/3, and +1.0.
Video/Photo/Audio Recording: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 550 can be set to record video at 1296p (30fps), 1080p (30fps), 720p (60fps), or 720 (30fps). Video files are recorded in the .MOV video format. You can also take a JPEG still image snapshot while recording video. In addition to recording video & snapshots, the GoSafe 550 features a built-in microphone for recording audio inside the vehicle. Audio recording can be turned On or Off.
microSD Card Slot: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 550 features a microSD card slot and comes with a 8GB microSD card and microSD-to-SD card adapter. The unit supports class 10 or higher microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards (up to 64GB). All recorded audio/video & snapshots are stored on microSD or microSDHC.
Note: Please note that some microSD/SDHC memory cards may be incompatible; for example Sandisk & Samsung.
3 Recording Modes: The GoSafe 550 has three different recording modes to help provide optimal security for your vehicle. Choose from Automatic Recording, Motion Detection, or Monitor Mode.
- Automatic Recording: Automatic Recording is the default setting. It will begin automatic loop recording once your vehicle is powered on. It will record five minute long video clips with the oldest footage being replace when the microSD card is full.
- Motion Detection: While there is no movement of your vehicle for more than 60 seconds, the Motion Detection mode will begin recording once the dash cam senses any movement in front of its lens. If there is no movement detected for more than one minute, the device will go back into sleep mode.
- Monitor Mode: While your vehicle is parked, Monitor Mode will take one picture every second until it no longer senses any movement for up to a minute. Monitor Mode is designed to take up less space on your microSD card so you can record more files without them getting overwritten.
Built-In G-Sensor & Emergency Recording: The GoSafe 550 comes equipped with a built-in 3-axis gravity sensor. In the event of a collision it will automatically save the recorded file and prevent it from being overwritten. The G-sensor's sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Off. In case of any emergency, you can also manually protect a recorded video file from being overwritten.
Driver Assistance Safety Features: The GoSafe 550 comes equipped with all the signature PAPAGO! driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road. Stop & Go, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Stop Sign Recognition, and Motion Detection will provide an extra safeguard.
- Stop & Go Alert: The Stop & Go feature alerts the driver, when stopped for at least 10 seconds or more, that the car in front of them has gone and it is now okay to proceed. This function is helpful for the distracted driver who may not have their full attention on the road when behind the wheel.
- Light Reminder: The Light Reminder is designed to recognize when the outside environment surrounding the car gets significantly darker and it will alert you via an audible beep to turn on your exterior car lights. With this feature you will never forget to drive with your lights on.
- Driver Fatigue Alarm: You can setup a defined alarm clock that periodically reminds you with an audible beep to take a rest before continuing to drive. The Driver Fatigue Alarm can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or Off.
- Stop Sign Recognition: With Stop Sign Recognition your dash cam will use advanced visual tracking of any stop signs in its view and alert you by beeping and showing a stop sign icon on the LCD screen. Avoid any mishaps by never running a stop sign again.
- Motion Detection: The dash cam will record video while parked when motion is detected in front of your vehicle.
2.7" LCD w/ Built-in Speaker: The GoSafe 550 dash cam features a 2.7" color LCD screen (480x272) for live video feedback and to view previously recorded videos and snapshots. It also includes a built-in speaker for recorded audio playback, as well as audible safety and warning prompts.
HDMI-C Out: The GoSafe 550 features a HDMI-C output jack for connecting the dash cam to a TV for audio/video playback on a bigger screen.
Mounting Options: The GoSafe 550 comes with both a self-adhesive mount and a suction-cup mount so you can choose to mount the camera on your dash or windshield. Either mount allows you to adjust the angle of the camera.
Note: You should not install the dash cam at a place that would obstruct or reduce a driver's view. Make sure your usage complies with the pertinent vehicle codes of your state, province, territory or country.
Power Requirements: Using the supplied USB/DC power adapter and 13' microUSB-to-USB cable, the PAPAGO! dash cam is powered through your vehicle's 12-volt or cigarette lighter socket.
Note: If your vehicle still provides power to the cigarette 12-volt charger socket even the vehicle is off, please unplug the device when you turn off your vehicle and plan to have it parked for a long period of time to avoid draining power from your vehicle's battery.
File Transfer: You can transfer and copy videos and snapshots directly from the GoSafe 550 to your laptop using its miniUSB port, the included 9" microUSB-to-USB cable, and a free USB port on your laptop. You can also remove the microSD card and insert it into a USB/SD card reader for transferring and copying videos and snapshots to your desktop computer.
Firmware Updates: The GoSafe 550 is eligible to receive a lifetime of free upgrades as soon as they are issued. Please check the PAPAGO! website regularly for any new available upgrades.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked