About the PAPAGO GoSafe 760
Two views in one system
You have a lot of choices if you're contemplating adding a dash cam to your vehicle, but PAPAGO's GoSafe 760 dash cam rises to the top of the heap by giving you a useful spread of safety and convenience features, high-quality construction, and a rear-view camera. Even better, PAPAGO doesn't make you toggle between camera views — instead, the vivid GoSafe 760 monitor gives you a split-screen view of the front and rear cameras' live feeds.
A plentiful picture, front and back
PAPAGO's GoSafe 760 sports a full-color 2.7" LCD display in a compact housing that easily suction-mounts on your windshield or dash. The front-view camera features an adjustable 140-degree lens so you can ensure you're recording the best possible view of the road ahead. The included second camera uses a sticker-backed mount for convenient placement inside your vehicle — it makes a great baby monitor, or mount it inside your rear window to record what's behind you. You'll see a clear picture, night or day, but if you'd like to adjust the exposure, PAPAGO makes it easy.
Keep an eye on your tire pressure
With PAPAGO's optional TireSafe D10E, you'll be able to monitor the tire pressure of your tires and their temperatures from this dash cam's screen.
This camera's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. You can play the footage back on the cam's display, and the video saves to the microSD™ card for viewing on another device. PAPAGO includes a 32GB microSD card for video storage, but if you need more, you can step up your storage all the way up to 128GB.
Add PAPAGO's optional GPS antenna to geo-stamp your video files with accurate time, date, location data, and vehicle speed.
All about safety
PAPAGO doesn't just help you in case of an accident, it can also help you avoid one as well. The GoSafe 760 features four selectable features to help you drive more safely:
Stop & Go Alert engages once you have been stopped for at least ten seconds. A beep will alert you when the car in front of you has moved.
Fatigue Alert lets you set an alarm to help keep you alert when you know you have a long journey ahead.
Stop Sign Recognition spots upcoming stop signs and gives you a heads-up with a beep and stop sign image on the GoSafe 760's screen. This feature works in the daytime only and is deactivated once the Lighting Reminder turns on.
Lighting Reminder recognizes shifts in environmental lighting and and alerts you to turn on your lights as it gets dark.
PAPAGO backs the GoSafe 760 with firmware updates for the life of the product. Just visit PAPAGO's site for any new upgrades.
Powering the GoSafe 760 is as simple as plugging the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source, which makes it an easy addition to rental cars if you're traveling or driving a loaner. If you need a more permanent solution, PAPAGO offers an add-on hard-wiring kit (not included).
- digital video recorder and rear-view camera system
- also includes vehicle power cable, suction mount, video cable, and 32GB microSD card
- split-screen viewing
- driver assistance features: stop sign recognition, stop & go alert, fatigue alarm, lighting reminder
- front camera: 140° wide-angle lens
- rear camera: 120° wide-angle lens
- up to 128GB storage capacity with compatible microSD card
- dash cam records up to 1080p HD video files for dual channel and up to 1440p Quad HD for single channel
- rear-view cam resolution: 1080p
- 2.7" color LCD display for viewing and playback
- built-in G-sensor
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS76032G
What's in the box:
- 32GB microSD card
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Self-adhesive mount
- Suction-cup mount
- 12V-USB power adapter
- 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable
- 19.5' miniUSB cable
- 2 Strips of two-side tape
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty Card
PAPAGO GoSafe 760 reviews
I wanted a front and rear camera system for my new Tacoma and had previously used Papago cameras with no problems. The 760 model was an ease to install both front and rear cameras. I did order a hardwire kit to go to the fuse box because I dont like using cigarette lighter type power outlets
Pros: High quality pics front and rear
0 of 0 found this helpful
A little early to give it 5 stars, but pleased so far. Struggling a little with controls, and I have small fingers.Would be nice if instructions for hiding/clipping up the power cable/connection cables were more detailed
Pros: clear picture
Cons: small screen small controls
3 of 3 found this helpful
Our family has purchased and installed four different branded dashcams over the last several years in multiple vehicles, so I have a good basis for comparison, and I am happy to report that I am very pleased with the GoSafe 760 dashcam. It is easy to install and comes with everything necessary to get it up and running quickly, even 2 different type mounts, suction and stick on. The instructions are clear, and the controls and menu of the cam are easy to understand and use. The front and rear cameras are light and unobtrusive. Upon playback on my PC, the recorded images are quite clear, with good resolution from both the front and rear cameras and good sound recording. I feel that this is an excellent product in its price range, and would be quick to recommend it.
Pros: Easy to set up and quick to get running Lightweight and unobtrusive Good video recording quality and sound
6 of 6 found this helpful
Easy to install and good features. Best option with front and rear camera.
5 of 6 found this helpful
More details on the PAPAGO GoSafe 760
GoSafe 760 Dual Dash Cam: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 760 dual dash cam is equipped with an integrated front camera and a separate rear camera for full coverage and security of your vehicle.
- Super Wide View: The front camera features a 140° wide-angle F2.0 lens, while the rear camera features a 120° wide-angle F2.4 lens for a wider field of vision and a panoramic view of the road.
- Adjustable Angle: The front camera's lens can be adjusted up and down, while the rear camera features an adjustable mounting bracket, so you can easily adjust them to get the best, most accurate view. The backup camera can be set to Normal, Rotate, & Mirror.
- Exposure Value: You can independently adjust the EV value manually for the front & rear cameras according to environment and to optimize night vision. Options include -1.0, -2/3, -1/3, +0.0, +1/3, +2/3, and +1.0.
2.7" Color LCD w/ Split Screen: The GoSafe 760 dash cam features a 2.7" color LCD screen for live video feedback and to view previously recorded videos and snapshots. You can view the front & rear cameras separately or view both at same time on a split screen.
Video & Photo Recording: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 760 can be set to record video at 1920x1080(30fps) or 1280×720(30fps). Video files are recorded in the .MOV video format. You can also take a JPEG still image snapshot while recording video.
microSD Card Slot: The PAPAGO! GoSafe 760 features a microSD card slot and comes with a 32GB microSD card and microSD-to-SD card adapter. The unit supports class 10 or higher microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards (up to 128GB). All recorded audio/video & snapshots are stored on microSD or microSDHC.
Note: Please note that some microSD/SDHC memory cards may be incompatible; for example Sandisk & Samsung.
3 Recording Modes: The GoSafe 760 has three different recording modes to help provide optimal security for your vehicle. Choose from Automatic Recording, Motion Detection, or Monitor Mode.
- Automatic Recording: Automatic Recording is the default setting. It will begin automatic loop recording once your vehicle is powered on. It will record five minute long video clips with the oldest footage being replace when the microSD card is full.
- Motion Detection: While there is no movement of your vehicle for more than 60 seconds, the Motion Detection mode will begin recording once the dash cam senses any movement in front of its lens. If there is no movement detected for more than one minute, the device will go back into sleep mode.
- Monitor Mode: While your vehicle is parked, Monitor Mode will take one picture every second until it no longer senses any movement for up to a minute. Monitor Mode is designed to take up less space on your microSD card so you can record more files without them getting overwritten.
Note: Please note that Monitor Mode and Motion Detection Mode need a continual power source like PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately).
Built-In G-Sensor & Emergency Recording: The GoSafe 760 comes equipped with a built-in 3-axis gravity sensor. In the event of a collision it will automatically save the recorded file and prevent it from being overwritten. The G-sensor's sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Off. In case of any emergency, you can also manually protect a recorded video file from being overwritten.
Driver Assistance Safety Features: The GoSafe 760 comes equipped with all the signature PAPAGO! driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road.
- Stop & Go Alert: The Stop & Go feature alerts the driver, when stopped for at least 10 seconds or more, that the car in front of them has gone and it is now okay to proceed. This function is helpful for the distracted driver who may not have their full attention on the road when behind the wheel.
- Light Reminder: The Light Reminder is designed to recognize when the outside environment surrounding the car gets significantly darker and it will alert you via an audible beep to turn on your exterior car lights. With this feature you will never forget to drive with your lights on.
- Driver Fatigue Alarm: You can setup a defined alarm clock that periodically reminds you with an audible beep to take a rest before continuing to drive. The Driver Fatigue Alarm can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or Off.
- Stop Sign Recognition: With Stop Sign Recognition your dash cam will use advanced visual tracking of any stop signs in its view and alert you by beeping and showing a stop sign icon on the LCD screen. Avoid any mishaps by never running a stop sign again.
Built-in Mic for Audio Recording: In addition to recording video & snapshots, the GoSafe 760 dash camera features a built-in microphone for recording audio inside the vehicle. Audio recording can be turned On or Off.
AV Output: The GoSafe 388 features a 3.5mm audio/video output jack for connecting the dash cam to a larger display monitor, such as your in-dash monitor, for audio/video playback on a bigger screen and through your car stereo system. When you connect to your in-dash monitor, the GoSafe 388's screen will turn completely off and will only display on your in-dash monitor. Make sure the GoSafe 388 has the latest firmware update installed.
Mounting Options: The GoSafe 760's dash camera includes a self-adhesive and suction-cup mount to adhere it to your vehicle's front windshield; it is designed to get hidden right behind your existing rearview mirror. The Go Safe 760's rear camera is designed to be mounted to the inside of your vehicle's back windshield using its integrated self-adhesive bracket.
- Dash Cam Dimensions: 3.8125" (w) x 2.0625" (h) x 1.75" (d)
- Rear Cam Dimensions: 1.875" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 0.875" (d)
Note: You should not install the dash cam at a place that would obstruct or reduce a driver's view. Make sure your usage complies with the pertinent vehicle codes of your state, province, territory or country.
Power Requirements: Using the supplied USB/DC power adapter, the included 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable, and the 19.5' miniUSB cable the PAPAGO! GoSafe 760's dash camera and rear camera are powered through your vehicle's 12-volt or cigarette lighter socket. You can also use the PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately) to power the GoSafe 760.
- Dash Cam Connectivity: The GoSafe 760's dash cam connects directly to the 12V/USB power adapter with the included 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable for power.
- Rear Cam Connectivity: The GoSafe 760's rear camera connects directly to the dash cam via the included 19.5' miniUSB cable for power and video signal.
Note: If your vehicle still provides power to the cigarette 12-volt charger socket even the vehicle is off, please unplug the device when you turn off your vehicle and plan to have it parked for a long period of time to avoid draining power from your vehicle's battery.
File Transfer: You can transfer and copy videos and snapshots directly from the GoSafe 760 to your laptop using its miniUSB port, the included miniUSB-to-USB cable, and a free USB port on your laptop. You can also remove the microSD card and insert it into a USB/SD card reader for transferring and copying videos and snapshots to your desktop computer.
Firmware Updates: The GoSafe 760 is eligible to receive a lifetime of free upgrades as soon as they are issued. Please check the PAPAGO! website regularly for any new available upgrades.
Optional Accessories: PAPAGO! offers additional accessories for the GoSafe dual dash cam.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Use the PAPAGO! TireSafe D10E (974GSD10E, sold separately) to efficiently view all four of your tires' pressures and temperatures on the GoSafe760's dash cam screen.
- GPS Antenna: Use the PAPAGO! GPS Antenna (974GPSAUS, sold separately) to record speed and for GPS logging on your videos, to automatically correct the time, and for other related functions.
Note: The Go Safe 760 cannot support both the GPS antenna and the TPMS simultaneously; only one can be used at a time.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked