About the PAPAGO GoSafe S30
Your choice of mount
Your choice of mount
PAPAGO makes the GoSafe S30 really road-ready by giving you two interchangeable mounts — a 3M adhesive-backed mount for your regular ride and a suction-mount for rental car use. This dash cam easily hides behind your rear-view mirror, thanks to its compact design. So, you'll get the security of a loop-recording camera, plus its driver assistance perks, and it doesn't have to muck up your view of the road. And if you really need video playback or to change any menu settings, the built-in LCD monitor does the trick.
The GoSafe S30 fits nicely behind a standard factory rear-view mirror
A better image sensor
PAPAGO uses a specialized Sony camera sensor for a crystal clear picture, housed in an adjustable camera housing for just the right angle on the road. The fully automated dash camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. Beyond that, you don't need to think about it again if you don't want to. Simply enjoy peace of mind — this dash cam is recording a high resolution, wide-angle view of the road to set the record straight if something unexpected happens.
This camera's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. You can play the footage back on the mirror's display, and the video saves to the included 8GB microSD™ card for viewing on another device. If you need to expand your video storage, PAPAGO allows you to use a microSD™ card with up to 64GB of space.
Add PAPAGO's optional GPS antenna to geo-stamp your video files with accurate time, date, location data, and vehicle speed.
Your parking buddy
It's a bummer when you've parking on packed city street and you return to discover that the car in front of you has bashed your bumper like a boxer training on a side of beef. PAPAGO doesn't let those rude drivers off the hook. In Parking Guard mode, the GoSafe S30 uses battery power to come to life and start recording when the G-Sensor detects a bump. The selectable Motion Detection Mode similarly turns the camera on when someone passes the camera's field of vision, and Monitor Mode will take one picture every second until motion is longer detected.
All about safety
PAPAGO doesn't just help you in case of an accident, it can also help you avoid one as well. The GoSafe S30 features four selectable features to help you drive more safely:
Stop & Go Alert engages once you have been stopped for at least ten seconds. A beep will alert you when the car in front of you has moved.
Fatigue Alert lets you set an alarm to help keep you alert when you know you have a long journey ahead.
Stop Sign Recognition spots upcoming stop signs and gives you a heads-up with a beep and stop sign image on the GoSafe S30's screen. This feature works in the daytime only and is deactivated once the Lighting Reminder turns on.
Lighting Reminder recognizes shifts in environmental lighting and and alerts you to turn on your lights as it gets dark.
PAPAGO backs the GoSafe S30 with firmware updates for the life of the product. Just visit PAPAGO's site for any new upgrades.
Powering the GoSafe S30 is as simple as plugging the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source, which makes it an easy addition to rental cars if you're traveling or driving a loaner. If you need a more permanent solution, PAPAGO offers an add-on hard-wiring kit (not included).
- HD dash cam
- 135-degree wide angle lens with Sony Exmor sensor
- storage capacity: up to 64GB (some cards including Sandisk may not be compatible)
- 8GB microSD card included
- includes 3M adhesive-backed mount, suction mount, vehicle power cable and 8GB microSD card
- records 1080p, 720p, or VGA video files
- 2" LCD display for viewing and playback
- driver assistance features: stop sign recognition, stop & go alert, fatigue alarm, lighting reminder
- recording modes: automatic, monitor, motion detection, and parking guard
- photo capability
- AV and mini-USB output
- dimensions: 2-3/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 1"D
- frame rate: up to 60 FPS
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GSS308G
What's in the box:
- 8GB microSD card
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Suction-cup mount
- Self-adhesive mount
- 12V power/cigarette lighter adapter
- 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable
- Self-adhesive tape
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty Card
PAPAGO GoSafe S30 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAPAGO GoSafe S30
GoSafe S30 Dash Cam: The PAPAGO! GoSafe S30 dash cam provides a better sense of security while driving by recording what is going on ahead of you and offering driver assistance through Stop & Go Alert, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Stop Sign Recognition, and Motion Detection. Not only can this dash cam provide a sense of security, it can also be used to simply capture a beautiful or unique drive.
Sony Exmor Sensor & Wide Angle Lens: The combination of a Sony Exmor sensor and a high quality glass lens provides you with the highest HD video resolution. With this new combination of sensor and lens you will maintain the highest quality video at night or in inclement weather. The Sony Exmor Sensor allows for precise and clear picture quality that surpasses most dash cams on the market today. The high quality glass lens (F1.9) provides a 135° wide angle view. The combination of the high-quality glass lens and the Sony sensor will guarantee that you get high resolution footage every single time.
Video & Photo Recording: The PAPAGO! GoSafe S30 can be set to record video at 1920x1080(30fps), 1280×720(60fps), 1280×720(30fps), or 640×480(VGA). Video files are recorded in the .MOV video format. You can also take a JPEG still image snapshot while recording video.
Multi-Level Exposure Values & HDR: You can adjust the dash cam's EV (Exposure Value) to capture the highest quality video in any environmental ambient lighting. EV settings include -1.0, -2/3, -1/3, +0.0, +1/3, +2/3, and +1.0. With a new HDR high dynamic metering compensation, you can record the best footage at anytime of the day, not only will you record more dynamic video but you will also record the smallest of details.
microSD Card Slot: The PAPAGO! GoSafe S30 features a microSD card slot and comes with a 8GB microSD card and microSD-to-SD card adapter. The unit supports class 6 or higher microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards (up to 64GB). All recorded audio/video and snapshots are stored on microSD or microSDHC. With a 64GB microSDXC card you can store up to 6 hours of recorded full 1080p HD video footage before it loops & deletes over old files.
|microSD Card Capacity||Video Resolution: 720p (30fps)|
|8GB||2 hours 20 minutes|
|16GB||2 hours 40 minutes|
|32GB||9 hours 20 minutes|
|64GB||19 hours 40 minutes|
Note: Please note that some microSD/SDHC memory cards may be incompatible; for example Sandisk & Samsung.
2" Color LCD Screen: The GoSafe S30 dash cam features a 2" color LCD screen (480x272) for live video feedback and to view previously recorded videos and snapshots.
3 Recording Modes: The GoSafe S30 has three different recording modes to help provide optimal security for your vehicle. Choose from Automatic Recording, Motion Detection, or Monitor Mode.
- Automatic Recording: Automatic Recording is the default setting. It will begin automatic loop recording once your vehicle is powered on. It will record five minute long video clips with the oldest footage being replace when the microSD card is full.
- Motion Detection: While there is no movement of your vehicle for more than 60 seconds, the Motion Detection mode will begin recording once the dash cam senses any movement in front of its lens. If there is no movement detected for more than one minute, the device will go back into sleep mode.
- Monitor Mode: While your vehicle is parked, Monitor Mode will take one picture every second until it no longer senses any movement for up to a minute. Monitor Mode is designed to take up less space on your microSD card so you can record more files without them getting overwritten.
Note: Please note that Monitor Mode and Motion Detection Mode need a continual power source like PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately).
Built-In G-Sensor & Emergency Recording: The GoSafe S30 comes equipped with a built-in 3-axis gravity sensor. In the event of a collision it will automatically save the recorded file and prevent it from being overwritten. The G-sensor's sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Off. In case of any emergency, you can also manually protect a recorded video file from being overwritten.
Driver Assistance Safety Features: The GoSafe S30 comes equipped with all the signature PAPAGO! driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road. Stop & Go, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Stop Sign Recognition, and Motion Detection will provide an extra safeguard.
- Stop & Go Alert: The Stop & Go feature alerts the driver, when stopped for at least 10 seconds or more, that the car in front of them has gone and it is now okay to proceed. This function is helpful for the distracted driver who may not have their full attention on the road when behind the wheel.
- Light Reminder: The Light Reminder is designed to recognize when the outside environment surrounding the car gets significantly darker and it will alert you via an audible beep to turn on your exterior car lights. With this feature you will never forget to drive with your lights on.
- Driver Fatigue Alarm: You can setup a defined alarm clock that periodically reminds you with an audible beep to take a rest before continuing to drive. The Driver Fatigue Alarm can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or Off.
- Stop Sign Recognition: With Stop Sign Recognition your dash cam will use advanced visual tracking of any stop signs in its view and alert you by beeping and showing a stop sign icon on the LCD screen. Avoid any mishaps by never running a stop sign again.
- Motion Detection: The dash cam will record video while parked when motion is detected in front of your vehicle.
Built-in Mic for Audio Recording: In addition to recording video & snapshots, the GoSafe S30 features a built-in microphone for recording audio inside the vehicle. Audio recording can be turned On or Off.
Optional GPS Antenna: The GoSafe S30 has an auxiliary jack so you can attach the PAPAGO! GPS Antenna (974GPSAUS, sold separately) and track your exact location at all times. It is now easy to prove exactly where you were when those unexpected events occur. GPS logging will be saved to the microSD card. This optional GPS antenna does not facilitate navigation.
AV Output: The GoSafe S30 features a 3.5mm audio/video output jack for connecting the dash cam to a larger display monitor, such as your in-dash monitor, for audio/video playback on a bigger screen and through your car stereo system.
Two Mounting Options: The GoSafe S30 comes with both a self-adhesive mount and a suction-cup mount so you can choose the style that is right for you and your vehicle. The GoSafe S30 is designed to get hidden right behind your existing rearview mirror; measuring a mere 2.125" (w) x 2.125" (h) x 1.125" (d).
Note: You should not install the dash cam at a place that would obstruct or reduce a driver's view. Make sure your usage complies with the pertinent vehicle codes of your state, province, territory or country.
Power Requirements: Using the supplied USB/DC power adapter and 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable, the PAPAGO! dash cam is powered through your vehicle's 12-volt or cigarette lighter socket. You can also use the PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately) to power the GoSafe S30.
Note: If your vehicle still provides power to the cigarette 12-volt charger socket even the vehicle is off, please unplug the device when you turn off your vehicle and plan to have it parked for a long period of time to avoid draining power from your vehicle's battery.
File Transfer: You can transfer and copy videos and snapshots directly from the GoSafe S30 to your laptop using its miniUSB port, the included miniUSB-to-USB cable, and a free USB port on your laptop. You can also remove the microSD card and insert it into a USB/SD card reader for transferring and copying videos and snapshots to your desktop computer.
Firmware Updates: The GoSafe S30 is eligible to receive a lifetime of free upgrades as soon as they are issued. Please check the PAPAGO! website regularly for any new available upgrades.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?