About the PAPAGO GoSafe S37
Compact dash cam
Compact dash cam
Hide the suction-mountable PAPAGO GoSafe S37 dash cam behind your rear-view mirror and you'll record the road ahead in HD but keep your field of view clear. This loop-recording camera, plus its driver assistance perks, is the perfect companion for long trips. And if you really need video playback or to change any menu settings, the built-in 2" LCD monitor does the trick.
A better image sensor
PAPAGO uses a specialized Sony camera sensor for a crystal-clear picture, housed in an adjustable camera housing for just the right angle on the road. The fully automated dash camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. Beyond that, you don't need to think about it again if you don't want to. Simply enjoy peace of mind — this dash cam is recording a high resolution, wide-angle view of the road to set the record straight if something unexpected happens.
This camera's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. You can play the footage back on the mirror's display, and the video saves to the included 8GB microSD™ card for viewing on another device. If you need to expand your video storage, PAPAGO allows you to use a microSD™ card with up to 128GB of space.
Your parking buddy
It's a bummer when you've parking on packed city street and you return to discover that the car in front of you has bashed your bumper and driven off. PAPAGO doesn't let those rude drivers off the hook. In Parking Guard mode, the GoSafe S37 uses battery power to come to life and start recording when the G-Sensor detects a bump. The selectable Motion Detection Mode similarly turns on the camera to capture video when someone passes the camera's field of vision, or you can select Monitor Mode which takes one picture every second until motion is longer detected.
Keep an eye on your tire pressure
With PAPAGO's optional TireSafe D10E, you'll be able to monitor the tire pressure of your tires and their temperatures from this dash cam's screen.
All about safety
PAPAGO doesn't just help you in case of an accident, it can also help you avoid one as well. The GoSafe S37 features five selectable features to help you drive more safely:
Front Collision Warning alerts you with a beep when you are driving too close to a vehicle in front of you and exceeding 40 mph.
Stop & Go Alert engages once you have been stopped for at least ten seconds. A beep will alert you when the car in front of you has moved.
Fatigue Alert lets you set an alarm to help keep you alert when you know you have a long journey ahead.
Stop Sign Recognition spots upcoming stop signs and gives you a heads-up with a beep and stop sign image on the GoSafe S37's screen. This feature works in the daytime only and is deactivated once the Lighting Reminder turns on.
Lighting Reminder recognizes shifts in environmental lighting and and alerts you to turn on your lights as it gets dark.
PAPAGO backs the GoSafe S37 with firmware updates for the life of the product. Just visit PAPAGO's site for any new upgrades.
Powering the GoSafe S37 is as simple as plugging the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source, which makes it an easy addition to rental cars if you're traveling or driving a loaner.
- HD dash cam
- 140° wide angle lens with Sony Exmor sensor
- storage capacity: up to 128GB
- includes suction mount, vehicle power cable and 8GB microSD card
- records 1080p, 720p, or VGA video files
- 2" LCD display for viewing and playback
- driver assistance features: front collision, stop sign recognition, stop & go alert, fatigue alarm, lighting reminder
- recording modes: automatic, monitor, motion detection, and parking guard
- photo capability
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GSS378GBB
What's in the box:
- 8GB microSD card
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Suction-cup mount
- 12V power/cigarette lighter adapter
- 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty/Registration Card
PAPAGO GoSafe S37 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAPAGO GoSafe S37
GoSafe S37 Dash Cam: The PAPAGO! GoSafe S37 dash cam provides a better sense of security while driving by recording what is going on ahead of you and offering driver assistance through Stop & Go Alert, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Stop Sign Recognition, and Motion Detection. Not only can this dash cam provide a sense of security, it can also be used to simply capture a beautiful or unique drive.
Sony Exmor Image Sensor & Wide-Angle Lens: The GoSafe S37 dash cam is equipped with a Sony Exmor image sensor chip and a 140° ultra-wide angle F1.8 full-glass 6-piece lens with infrared filter. In low light environment the built-in Sony Exmor sensor can automatically adjust the sensitivity of light; the rendered image is clear regardless of time of day. You can also adjust the dash cam's EV (Exposure Value) to capture the highest quality video in any environmental ambient lighting. EV settings include -1.0, -2/3, -1/3, +0.0, +1/3, +2/3, and +1.0.
Video/Photo/Audio Recording: The PAPAGO! GoSafe S37 can be set to record video at 1920x1080(30fps), 1280×720(30fps), or 640×480(VGA). Video files are recorded in the .MOV video format. You can also take a JPEG still image snapshot while recording video. In addition to recording video & snapshots, the GoSafe S37 features a built-in microphone for recording audio inside the vehicle. Audio recording can be turned On or Off.
microSD Card Slot: The PAPAGO! GoSafe S37 features a microSD card slot and comes with a 8GB microSD card and microSD-to-SD card adapter. The unit supports class 10 or higher microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards (up to 128GB). All recorded audio/video & snapshots are stored on microSD or microSDHC.
|microSD Card Capacity||Video Resolution: 720p (30fps)|
|16GB||4 hours 50 minutes|
|32GB||9 hours 50 minutes|
|64GB||19 hours 40 minutes|
|128GB||39 hours and 20 minutes|
Note: Please note that some microSD/SDHC memory cards may be incompatible; for example Sandisk & Samsung.
3 Recording Modes: The GoSafe S37 has three different recording modes to help provide optimal security for your vehicle. Choose from Automatic Recording, Motion Detection, or Monitor Mode.
- Automatic Recording: Automatic Recording is the default setting. It will begin automatic loop recording once your vehicle is powered on. It will record five minute long video clips with the oldest footage being replace when the microSD card is full.
- Motion Detection: While there is no movement of your vehicle for more than 60 seconds, the Motion Detection mode will begin recording once the dash cam senses any movement in front of its lens. If there is no movement detected for more than one minute, the device will go back into sleep mode.
- Monitor Mode: While your vehicle is parked, Monitor Mode will take one picture every second until it no longer senses any movement for up to a minute. Monitor Mode is designed to take up less space on your microSD card so you can record more files without them getting overwritten.
Note: Please note that Monitor Mode and Motion Detection Mode need a continual power source like PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately).
Built-In G-Sensor & Emergency Recording: The GoSafe S37 comes equipped with a built-in 3-axis gravity sensor. In the event of a collision it will automatically save the recorded file and prevent it from being overwritten. The G-sensor's sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Off. In case of any emergency, you can also manually protect a recorded video file from being overwritten.
Driver Assistance Safety Features: The GoSafe S37 comes equipped with all the signature PAPAGO! driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road. Stop & Go, Light Reminder, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Stop Sign Recognition, and Motion Detection will provide an extra safeguard.
- Stop & Go Alert: The Stop & Go feature alerts the driver, when stopped for at least 10 seconds or more, that the car in front of them has gone and it is now okay to proceed. This function is helpful for the distracted driver who may not have their full attention on the road when behind the wheel.
- Light Reminder: The Light Reminder is designed to recognize when the outside environment surrounding the car gets significantly darker and it will alert you via an audible beep to turn on your exterior car lights. With this feature you will never forget to drive with your lights on.
- Driver Fatigue Alarm: You can setup a defined alarm clock that periodically reminds you with an audible beep to take a rest before continuing to drive. The Driver Fatigue Alarm can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or Off.
- Stop Sign Recognition: With Stop Sign Recognition your dash cam will use advanced visual tracking of any stop signs in its view and alert you by beeping and showing a stop sign icon on the LCD screen. Avoid any mishaps by never running a stop sign again.
- Motion Detection: The dash cam will record video while parked when motion is detected in front of your vehicle.
2" Color LCD Screen: The GoSafe S37 dash cam features a 2" color LCD screen (480x272) for live video feedback and to view previously recorded videos and snapshots.
AV Output: The GoSafe S37 features a 3.5mm audio/video output jack for connecting the dash cam to a larger display monitor, such as your in-dash monitor, for audio/video playback on a bigger screen and through your car stereo system.
Suction-Cup Mount: The included suction-cup mount lets you attach the GoSafe S37 to your vehicle's interior windshield or dash without taking up a lot of space. The suction-cup mount is adjustable and lets rotate, swivel, and tilt the dash cam.
Note: You should not install the dash cam at a place that would obstruct or reduce a driver's view. Make sure your usage complies with the pertinent vehicle codes of your state, province, territory or country.
Power Requirements: Using the supplied USB/DC power adapter and 13' miniUSB-to-USB cable, the PAPAGO! dash cam is powered through your vehicle's 12-volt or cigarette lighter socket. You can also use the PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit (974UDCUS, sold separately) to power the GoSafe S37.
Note: If your vehicle still provides power to the cigarette 12-volt charger socket even the vehicle is off, please unplug the device when you turn off your vehicle and plan to have it parked for a long period of time to avoid draining power from your vehicle's battery.
Optional Accessories: The GoSafe S37 is compatible with PAPAGO!'s GPS antenna and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (bolt sold separately).
- GPS Antenna: The GoSafe S37 has an auxiliary jack so you can attach the PAPAGO! GPS Antenna (974GPSAUS, sold separately) and track your exact location at all times. It is now easy to prove exactly where you were when those unexpected events occur. GPS logging will be saved to the microSD card. This optional GPS antenna does not facilitate navigation.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Use the PAPAGO! TireSafe D10E (974GSD10E, sold separately) to efficiently view all four of your tires' pressures and temperatures on the GoSafe760's dash cam screen.
File Transfer: You can transfer and copy videos and snapshots directly from the GoSafe S37 to your laptop using its miniUSB port, the included miniUSB-to-USB cable, and a free USB port on your laptop. You can also remove the microSD card and insert it into a USB/SD card reader for transferring and copying videos and snapshots to your desktop computer.
Firmware Updates: The GoSafe S37 is eligible to receive a lifetime of free upgrades as soon as they are issued. Please check the PAPAGO! website regularly for any new available upgrades.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?