About the myGEKOgear Orbit 950
Record two views
Record two views
myGEKOgear's Orbit 950 dash cam system includes a high-definition dash cam with resolution up to 1080p and a second cam for recording your vehicle's interior or a rear view. And since this dash cam is equipped with Wi-Fi, accessing and sharing livestreaming and stored video via myGEKOgear's app on your phone is easy. All video, available through the app, is geo-tagged with time, date, location, and speed information. Additionally, the dash cam's 3" LCD screen provides driver assistance alerts to keep you at your sharpest behind the wheel.
Two cameras are better than one
myGEKOgear includes a second camera so you can record the inside of your vehicle or record your rear view — a smart addition for ride-share drivers or for fleet vehicles.
Onboard driver assistance
This dual cam system doesn't just record the road ahead, it monitors it as well to help you steer clear of accidents, thanks to Lane Departure, Forward Collision, and Speed Limit warnings.
Two mounting solutions
Swapping this cam between vehicles? myGEKOgear provides a suction mount and 12-volt car adapter for easy installation. If you want a more permanent solution, the included adhesive-backed mount can be installed wherever you need it.
Just in case
If you're involved in an accident, the Orbit 950's built-in G-Sensor will detect sudden acceleration or a collision, then save the critical footage. An integrated microphone allows audio recording capability as well.
- dual camera system with compact HD dash cam and second camera
- package includes:
- adjustable suction mount and adhesive-backed mount
- 16 GB microSD memory card (accepts up to 128 GB)
- vehicle power adapter
- GEKO DVR app for viewing GPS-enabled livestream video
- driver assistance features: forward collision, lane departure, and speed limit alerts
- internal microphone for audio recording
- built-in speaker for playback, plus 3" LCD screen
- Wi-Fi for easy video file-sharing
- G-sensor incident detection
- mini HDMI output
- 140-degree viewing angle
- video resolution: up to 1080p
- dimensions: 3-1/4"W x 2"H x 1-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GO95016G
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- Rear camera w/integrated adhesive mount and attached 18" video cable (terminated in a proprietary 4-pin connector)
- Dash camera adhesive mount with micro-B USB connections
- 18' Video cable (proprietary 4-pin connector on one end / 2.5mm plug on other end)
- DC Lighter adapter w/attached 11' cable terminated in a micro-B USB connector (5V/1.5A output)
- 16GB Micro-SD card (installed)
- SD Card adapter
- User manual (English & French)
- QR Code for 6 month extended warranty
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the myGEKOgear Orbit 950
Overview: The myGEKO Orbit 950 dash camera can record the road ahead and behind you, with a wide 140˚ view and 1080p recording quality. The dash cam features a clear 3" color LCD screen and is powered from a vehicle lighter or power socket, using the provided adapter. The rear-view camera can also provide a wide 140˚ view. A single USB connection to the dash camera provides both power and the video feed for recording. The Orbit 950 includes a 16GB micro-SD card, for storing your recordings. Both cameras include 3M adhesive mounting brackets.
Note: The camera should not be placed where it obstructs the driver's view of the road in front or in back. You should also comply with your locality's restrictions on windshield-mounted devices.
Dash & Rear Cameras: Both the dash and rear cameras are equipped with a CMOS image sensor that delivers clear images, especially in low light situations, along with an ultra-wide 140° viewing angle. The dash camera features a bright 3" color LCD monitor for viewing recordings and accessing the camera menus.
Image Format: The Orbit 950 can record video from both cameras simultaneously in 1920 x 1080 @30fps or 1280 x 720 @30fps resolutions, with all video recorded in MOV/H.264 format. The camera can also record still images in JPEG format.
Mounting: The dash camera includes a separate base that the camera attaches to. The base has a 3M adhesive backing for sticking to a windshield, and also provides the connection to the USB power cable. The dash cam's lens can be swiveled around for optimum camera aiming, once mounted. The rear-view camera features a built-in 3M adhesive base, for sticking to a rear window, and can also swivel for optimum positioning.
G-Sensor: The camera's built-in G-sensor detects the impact when an accident occurs. This triggers the camera to automatically save the video files before and after the event. Saved video files will be protected from inadvertently being overwritten.
- Automatic Recording (Loop Recording): The default, Automatic Recording mode, begins recording when Orbit 950 is powered on. It records in a continual loop and saves the video in 1-, 3-, or 5-minute clips. When the memory card is full, the oldest video files will be overwritten.
- Parking Mode: This feature starts recording when it detects an impact to your parked vehicle (requires constant power). You can adjust the sensor's sensitivity to Low, Medium, High, or Off.
Note: Operating the camera in Monitor Mode, Motion Detection Mode, or Parking Mode requires a continuous power source, such as the myGEKO Hardwire Kit, sold separately).
Wi-Fi: The camera has built-in Wi-Fi, allowing you to connect with your iOS or Android smartphone. Using the GEKO DVR app, available from the Apple App and Google Play stores, you can view, playback, and transfer your videos wirelessly to your device. After downloading the app and turning on the Wi-Fi on the dash cam, use your smartphone to search for and connect to the Orbit 950. The default Wi-Fi password is 12345678.
Driver Assist Features: The Orbit 950 comes equipped with the following driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road.
- Lane Departure Warning: This feature can warn you if your vehicle starts to drift from your current lane. Lane Departure Warning, when activated, will take effect once the vehicle reaches 40mph.
- Front Collision Warning: Helps you maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you. The dash cam will alert you if approaching too close to another vehicle.
- Speed Limit Alert: The Orbit 950 can alert you if you exceed a
pre-selected speed limit. The Speed Limit can be set between 30mph and
Note: The Driver Assist Features are provided to help promote better driving habits and should not be solely relied on for safe driving. It is the driver's responsibility to be aware of their surroundings.
GPS: Built-in GPS allows your location and speed to be stamped at the bottom right corner of videos, if enabled, providing valuable information in case of an accident. Time and Date will also be stamped on the captured video.
Snapshot Mode: The Orbit 950 lets you quickly take a still photo, or "snapshot", of the current camera view and store it on the micro-SD card as a JPEG file.
microSD Slot: The camera captures the video and audio data onto the provided microSD card. Video files are recorded in a seamless loop, and as the card fills up, it loops back and begins recording over the oldest unsaved clip. The card slot will support Class 10 micro-SD cards up to 128GB. A 16GB micro-SD card and an SD card adapter are included.
|1920x1080 (Front only)||175min||370min||755min||1510min|
|1920x1080 (Front & Rear)||82min||174min||355min||710min|
Power Requirement: The Orbit 950 dash camera is powered by the included DC power adapter (5V/1.5A output) that plugs into your vehicle's lighter socket or power port. The lighter adapter features an 11' USB cable that plugs into the dash cam's mounting base. This provides power for both the dash and rear camera.