About the myGEKOgear Orbit 960
4K video recording for your dash
4K video recording for your dash
Get the most detail you can from your dash cam with myGEKOgear's Orbit 960. It records your drive in full 4K with a 140-degree wide angle view, guaranteeing you'll get excellent video quality of any incident that may occur in its view. And since this dash cam is equipped with Wi-Fi, accessing and sharing livestreaming or stored video via myGEKOgear's app on your phone is easy. All video, available through the app, is geo-tagged with time, date, location, and speed information. Additionally, the cam's 2.7" LCD screen provides driver assistance alerts to keep you at your sharpest behind the wheel.
Onboard driver assistance
The Orbit 960 doesn't just record the road ahead, it monitors it as well to help you steer clear of accidents. The built-in Driver Fatigue Warning alerts you when it might be time to pull over and take a break.
Two mounting solutions
Swapping this cam between vehicles? myGEKOgear provides a suction mount and 12-volt car adapter for easy installation. If you want a more permanent solution, the included adhesive-backed mount can be installed wherever you need it.
Just in case
If you're involved in an accident, the Orbit 960's built-in G-Sensor will detect sudden acceleration or a collision, then save the critical footage. An integrated microphone allows audio recording capability as well.
- 4K dash cam with Wi-Fi
- 2.7" LCD display for viewing and playback
- package includes:
- adjustable suction mount and adhesive-backed mount
- 16 GB microSD memory card (accepts up to 512 GB)
- vehicle power adapter
- GEKO DVR app for viewing GPS-enabled livestream video
- driver fatigue alert
- great picture with Sony's Starvis image sensor
- Wi-Fi for easy video file-sharing
- G-sensor incident detection
- 140-degree viewing angle
- video resolution: up to 4K
- dimensions: 3"W x 1-1/2"H x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GO96016G
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- 16GB Micro-SD card
- SD Card adapter
- Lighter adapter w/ USB type-A socket (5VDC/1.5A output)
- 11.5' USB Cable (type-A on one end / micro-B on other end / 2.0)
- Dash mount w/ 3M adhesive backing
- Windshield suction-cup mount
- User manual (English & French)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the myGEKOgear Orbit 960
Overview: The myGEKO Orbit 960 dash camera can record the road ahead of you, with a wide 140˚ view and 4K ultra high-definition recording quality. The dash cam features a clear 2.7" color LCD screen and is powered from a vehicle lighter or power socket, using the provided adapter. The Orbit 960 includes a 16GB micro-SD card, for storing your recordings, along with a windshield suction-cup mount and an adhesive dash mount.
Note: The camera should not be placed where it obstructs the driver's view of the road. You should also comply with your locality's restrictions on windshield-mounted devices.
Dash Cam: The front-facing dash camera is equipped with a Sony Starvis image sensor that delivers clear images, especially in low light situations. It features an ultra-wide 140° viewing angle a bright 2.7" color LCD monitor for viewing recordings and accessing the camera menus.
Image Format: The Orbit 960 can record video in 3840 x 2160 @30fps, 2560 x 1440 @30fps, and 2304 x 1296 @30fps, and 1920 x 1080 @30fps, with all video recorded in MP4 format. The camera can also record still images in JPEG format.
Mounting Options: The dash camera comes with two mounting options. It can be mounted on the windshield via the included 2" suction cup mount. For a more permanent solution, you can also use the 3M adhesive mount to install the camera on the dash or windshield. Both mounts have a ball-and-socket mechanism that lets you tilt and swivel the camera for proper aiming.
G-Sensor: The camera's built-in G-sensor detects the impact when an accident occurs. This triggers the camera to automatically save the video files before and after the event. Saved video files will be protected from inadvertently being overwritten.
- Automatic Recording (Loop Recording): The default, Automatic Recording mode, begins recording when Orbit 960 is powered on. It records in a continual loop and saves the video in 1-, 3-, or 5-minute clips. When the memory card is full, the oldest video files will be overwritten.
- Motion Detection: In Motion Detection mode, the camera sits in sleep mode until movement is detected in front of the lens. The camera will continue recording until no more movement is detected for more than 60 seconds, at which time the device enters sleep mode again. Motion Detection mode is ideal for protecting your vehicle while it is parked and unattended. (See Note below)
- Monitor Mode: Like Motion Detection mode, the camera stays in sleep mode until motion is detected. In Monitor Mode, the camera takes a single snapshot (still image) every second until it no longer senses any movement for more than 60 seconds. This mode is designed to take up less space on the microSD card, allowing you to record more files before they are overwritten.
- Parking Mode: This feature starts recording when it detects an impact to your parked vehicle (requires constant power). You can adjust the sensor's sensitivity to Low, Medium, High, or Off.
Note: Operating the camera in Monitor Mode, Motion Detection Mode, or Parking Mode requires a continuous power source, such as the myGEKO Hardwire Kit, sold separately).
Wi-Fi: The camera has built-in Wi-Fi, allowing you to connect with your iOS or Android smartphone. Using the GEKO DVR app, available from the Apple App and Google Play stores, you can view, playback, and transfer your videos wirelessly to your device. After downloading the app and turning on the Wi-Fi on the dash cam, use your smartphone to search for and connect to the Orbit 960. The default Wi-Fi password is 12345678.
Driver Assist Features: The Orbit 960 comes equipped with the following driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road.
- Stop & Go Alert: After you stop for at least 10 seconds (for a red light, for example), the camera will alert you when the vehicle in front of you has proceeded.
- Driver Fatigue Alarm: You can setup a timer that periodically reminds you with an audible beep to take a rest before continuing to drive. The Driver Fatigue Alarm can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or Off.
- Headlight Reminder: The Light Reminder is designed to recognize when the outside environment surrounding the car gets significantly darker. The camera will alert you with an audible beep to turn on your exterior car lights. This is handy when driving at dusk, or in a tunnel or dimly lit parking garage.
Audio Recording: In addition to recording video and snapshots, the Orbit 960 dash camera features a built-in microphone for recording audio inside the vehicle. Audio recording can be turned On or Off.
GPS: Built-in GPS allows your location and speed to be stamped at the bottom right corner of videos, if enabled, providing valuable information in case of an accident. Time and Date will also be stamped on the captured video.
Snapshot Mode: The Orbit 960 lets you quickly take a still photo, or "snapshot", of the current camera view and store it on the micro-SD card as a JPEG file.
microSD Slot: The camera captures the video and audio data onto the provided microSD card. Video files are recorded in a seamless loop, and as the card fills up, it loops back and begins recording over the oldest unsaved clip. The card slot will support Class 10 micro-SD cards up to 512GB. A 16GB card and an SD card adapter are included.
Computer Backup: All of the Orbit 960's stored video and pictures can be saved to your computer, via a USB connection to the camera. Both MAC and PCs (Windows 7/8/10) are supported.
Note: A USB cable with a micro-B connector will be required for connection to a computer. The supplied micro-B USB cable is for powering only, and cannot be used for a computer connection.
Power Requirement: The Orbit 960 dash camera is powered by the included DC power adapter (5V/1.5A output) that plugs into your vehicle's lighter socket or power port. The adapter features a USB type-A socket for running the included 11.50' USB cable to the dash cam. The dash cam uses a micro-B USB input for the power connection. The Orbit 960 includes a built-in 320mAh rechargeable Li-Polymer battery (non-removable) that retains recorded footage while the vehicle is powered off.