About the PAPAGO GoSafe S780
Two impressive views
PAPAGO's GoSafe S780 dash cam system is all about options, giving you an impressive dash cam along with a second camera you can use to record the interior of your vehicle or to serve as a rear-view cam. And PAPAGO prioritizes image quality by equipping the dash cam with a professional-grade Sony Starvis image sensor and the second camera with a top-tier Sony Exmor sensor. Naturally, the vivid GoSafe S780 monitor gives you a picture-in-picture view of both cameras' live feeds.
The road and behind
The GoSafe S780 dash cam with its full-color 2" LCD display easily suction-mounts on your windshield or dash. The front-view camera features a 150° lens for a plentiful view of the road ahead. The included second camera, equipped with a 180° lens gives you both sticker-backed and screw-fastened mounting options for convenient placement inside your vehicle — it makes a great baby monitor, passenger monitor for ride-share operators, or mount it inside your rear window to record what's behind you. You'll see a clear picture from both cameras, night or day, and if you use the second camera as a rear-view camera, it can be set for automatic backup cam use when your vehicle is in reverse.
Keep an eye on your tire pressure
With PAPAGO's optional TireSafe D10E, you'll be able to monitor the tire pressure of your tires and their temperatures from this dash cam's screen. (Note: you can't use this device and the optional GPS antenna simultaneously.)
This camera's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. You can play the footage back on the cam's display, and the video saves to the microSD™ card for viewing on another device. PAPAGO includes a 16GB microSD card for video storage, but if you need more, you can step up your storage all the way up to 128GB.
Add PAPAGO's optional GPS antenna to geo-stamp your video files with accurate time, date, location data, and vehicle speed.
All about safety
PAPAGO doesn't just help you in case of an accident, it can also help you avoid one as well. The GoSafe S780 features four selectable features to help you drive more safely:
Stop & Go Alert engages once you have been stopped for at least ten seconds. A beep will alert you when the car in front of you has moved.
Fatigue Alert lets you set an alarm to help keep you alert when you know you have a long journey ahead.
Stop Sign Recognition spots upcoming stop signs and gives you a heads-up with a beep and stop sign image on the GoSafe S780's screen. This feature works in the daytime only and is deactivated once the Lighting Reminder turns on.
Lighting Reminder recognizes shifts in environmental lighting and alerts you to turn on your lights as it gets dark.
In addition, Motion Detection and Monitor Mode prompts the camera to start recording for a set amount of time when your vehicle is parked, protecting your vehicle while you are away.
PAPAGO backs the GoSafe S780 with firmware updates for the life of the product. Just visit PAPAGO's site for any new upgrades.
Powering the GoSafe S780 is as simple as plugging the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source, which makes it an easy addition to rental cars if you're traveling or driving a loaner. If you need a more permanent solution, PAPAGO offers an add-on hard-wiring kit (not included).
- digital video recorder and rear-view camera system
- equipped with Sony image sensors
- also includes vehicle power cable, suction mount, video cable, and 16GB microSD card
- picture-in-picture viewing
- driver assistance features: stop sign recognition, stop & go alert, fatigue alarm, lighting reminder, motion detection
- front camera: 150° wide-angle lens
- rear camera: 180° wide-angle lens
- up to 128GB storage capacity with compatible microSD card
- rear-view camera equipped to work as backup cam (IPX7 waterproof certified)
- 2" color LCD display for viewing and playback
- built-in G-sensor
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GSS78016G
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- Rear camera with bracket (attached 3' cable w/DC barrel connector)
- Suction cup mount
- Adhesive mount
- DC power adapter with attached 12.75' cable (Mini-B USB plug)
- 12" USB power adapter (Mini-B USB on one end and DC barrel connector on other end)
- 12.75' Power/signal cable (Mini-B USB on on one end and DC barrel connector on other end)
- 16GB MicroSD card and card adapter (in clear plastic case)
- Dual-sided 3M adhesive
- Two 3/8" screws (for rear camera)
- Quick Start Guide
- Product Registration
PAPAGO GoSafe S780 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAPAGO GoSafe S780
Overview: The PAPAGO! GoSafe S780 includes a dash cam with a 2" color LCD screen and a separate rear camera to give you extra security for your vehicle. While the dash cam records the road ahead as you travel, the rear camera gives you a view behind your vehicle, or inside the passenger compartment, depending upon the installation. The GoSafe S780 comes with a windshield and dash mount, a 16 GB microSD card, and all of the needed power and signal cables.
Note: The cameras should not be placed where it obstructs the driver's view of the road. You should also comply with your locality's restrictions on windshield-mounted devices.
Dash Cam: The front-facing dash camera is equipped with a Sony Starvis image sensor that delivers clear images, especially in low light situations. It features a bright F1.5 lens with an ultra-wide 150° viewing angle. On the back of the camera is a bright 2.0" color LCD monitor for viewing either the front or rear facing cameras or both.
Image Format: The GoSafe S780 can record video in 1920 x 1080p at 60 fps or 30 fps, or 1280 x 720p at 30 fps. Video is recorded in MP4 format. The camera can also record still images in JPEG format.
Mounting Options: The dash camera comes with two mounting options. It can be mounted on the windshield via the included 1-3/4" suction cup mount. For a more permanent solution, you can also use the 3M adhesive mount to install the camera on the dash or windshield. Both mounts have a ball-and-socket mechanism that lets you tilt and swivel the camera for proper aiming.
Rear View Camera: The GoSafe S780's rear-facing camera has a Sony Exmor image sensor, and an F1.9 lens with a 180° viewing angle. It can be installed in the cabin on the rear window to record behind your car, allowing you to record traffic approaching from the rear, or keeping an eye on an item you are towing. The camera can also be mounted on the windshield or dash to record inside the cabin. This is ideal for rideshare drivers who want extra protection for themselves and their passengers. The integrated mounting bracket can swivel up and down, and attaches via a strong 3M adhesive. The package includes a short cable for mounting the camera up front, and a long cable for mounting the cable in the rear of the vehicle. In the menu, you can configure the rear camera to display as Normal Image, Rotated Image, Mirror Image, and Rotated Mirror image. Rear-view camera dimensions: Width 2", Height 0.6", Depth 0.783".
microSD Card Slot: The GoSafe S780 features a microSD card slot and comes with a 16GB microSD card for storing the recorded video. The camera supports Class 10 or higher microSD cards from 8 GB to 128GB. The memory card should be formatted in the camera prior to use. A microSD-to-SD card adapter is included for transferring video files to your laptop or desktop computer.
Recording Modes: The GoSafe S780 has three different recording modes:
- Automatic Recording: The default Automatic Recording mode begins recording when your vehicle is powered on. It records in a continual loop, and saves the video in 5-minute clips. When the memory card is full, the oldest video files will be overwritten.
- Motion Detection: In Motion Detection mode, the camera sits in sleep mode until movement is detected in front of the lens. The camera will continue recording until no more movement is detected for more than 60 seconds, at which time the device enters sleep mode again. Motion Detection mode is ideal for protecting your vehicle while it is parked and unattended. (See Note below)
- Monitor Mode: Like Motion Detection mode, the camera stays in sleep mode until motion is detected. In Monitor Mode, the camera takes a single snapshot (still image) every second until it no longer senses any movement for more than 60 seconds. This mode is designed to take up less space on the microSD card, allowing you to record more files before they are overwritten.
Note: Operating the camera in Monitor Mode or Motion Detection Mode requires a continuous power source, such as PAPAGO!'s Hardwire Kit, sold separately).
G-Sensor / Emergency Recording: The GoSafe S780 is equipped with a 3-axis gravity sensor (G-sensor). In the event of a collision the camera will automatically save the recorded file and prevent it from being overwritten. The G-sensor's sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Off. In case of any emergency, you can also manually protect a recorded video file from being overwritten.
Driver Assist Features: The GoSafe S780 comes equipped with all the signature PAPAGO! driver assistance safety features to help keep you alert and safe while on the road.
- Stop Sign Recognition: Stop Sign Recognition uses advanced visual tracking to recognize stop signs in its view and alert you with a beep. This helps you avoid running a stop sign.
- Stop & Go Alert: After you stop for at least 10 seconds (for a red light, for example), the camera will alert you when the vehicle in front of you has proceeded.
- Driver Fatigue Alarm: You can setup a timer that periodically reminds you with an audible beep to take a rest before continuing to drive. The Driver Fatigue Alarm can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or Off.
- Light Reminder: The Light Reminder is designed to recognize when the outside environment surrounding the car gets significantly darker. The camera will alert you with an audible beep to turn on your exterior car lights. This is handy when driving at dusk, or in a tunnel or dimly lit parking garage.
- Speeding Alert: With the optional GPS antenna, the GoSafe S780 will alert you with a beep when you have exceeded the posted speed limit.
- TPMS: With the optional TireSafe D10E Tire Pressure Monitoring System, the camera will display the temperature and air pressure of all of your vehicle's tires. You'll be alerted if the air pressure in any of your tires is too low or too high, or if the tire temperature is too high.
Audio Recording: In addition to recording video and snapshots, the GoSafe S780 dash camera features a built-in microphone for recording audio inside the vehicle. Audio recording can be turned On or Off.
Menu: The camera's menu offers the following settings:
- Volume: You can select Off, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% or 100%.
- EV: The video can be adjusted brighter or darker as needed from -1.0EV to +1.0EV in 1/3-EV increments.
- Display: Front camera, Rear camera, Both cameras (front camera is full-screen, while rear camera appears in the upper left corner)
- Bump Recording: You can adjust the sensitivity of the G-sensor Light, Middle, High, or off.
- Screen Saver: The screen saver can be set to appear after 1 minute, 3 minutes, or turned off.
- Video Stamp: The video can be stamped with the time/date or GPS coordinates.
Power Requirements: The GoSafe S780 comes with ample power and signal cable to install the dash camera in the front and the rear camera in the back of the vehicle. The package includes a DC power adapter for your vehicle's 12-volt power port. An optional Hardwire Kit is also available for permanent installation.
Firmware Updates: The GoSafe S780 is eligible to receive a lifetime of firmware updates from the PAPAGO! website. You should check the website regularly for new updates.
Optional Accessories: You can add the following accessories to the GoSafe S780 Dash Cam:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: The TireSafe D10E TPMS lets you efficiently view the pressure and temperature of all four of your tires on the dash cam screen.
- GPS Antenna: The GPSA-US add-on GPS Antenna can be used to record speed and GPS logging on your videos. The camera's time and date information is automatically updated via GPS when the antenna is connected. The antenna plugs into the camera's 3.5mm GPS input.
Note: Only one of the accessories can be connected to the camera at the same time.
1 question already asked